Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no, hope you're feeling better soon!

The old school swayers clamed that antibiotics swayed blue due to pH stuff. Now, I'm fairly skeptical of this, but it is a theory that some people do believe in. We have had such good results for blue with PRObiotics I'm at a loss to explain how both things could possibly sway blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! And yes, I don't get how both could work... I actually hate taking antibiotics, it feels like I'm clearing out all the good stuff from my system (along with the bad!).

Someone recently recommended mushroom complex tablets to me and I'm wondering if this might help my sway? (would give to DH too). I hope this link works:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Mushroom...4823178&sr=8-5

I thought it might help boost our immune systems. Also we've been taking the pills for so long now, maybe we need a little something extra ...

Let me know what you think

Many thanks xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. I do not recommend anything like that because firstly, we don't have any evidence how those things sway (sadly, no one is out here testing various herbs and spices to see if people get more boys/girls on them) and secondly, MOST importantly, we do not know if it's safe. There is so very little testing done on any of these things, let alone how they interact with your own personal body, other supplements you're taking, etc that we cannot know if they're safe to use.

Most people's immune system does not NEED boosting (and those who do need help far beyond some mushrooms, LOL). Millions of people, particularly women, actually have the opposite problem - our immune systems are actually attacking ourselves (and have been known to attack fetuses as well). It is just not a good idea to take things like this when TTC, even if other people swear by them. They may have their own unique biology, or maybe they just got lucky and didn't suffer ill effects that you are going to.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! So glad I asked you first. I bumped into my friend at the gym today who was just raving about them, saying they've transformed his life and a couple of his friends too etc etc... (honestly, they should sponsor him lol). I was going to buy them too, just on this recommendation! Bit definitely won't right now.

I'll stick with what I'm taking then shall I maybe take some extra probiotics for a bit, to counter the antibiotic effect? It does recommend to do so on the packet.. xx

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes absolutely you can and should take extra probiotics for now, and even a week or ten days past when you stop taking them. It really can make a difference!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic... I've just been reading over our thread (wow I ask a lot of questions!) as I'm trying to focus myself to really start going for it on the diet front soon. I guess it doesn't come very naturally to me as I'm more of a 'rush around, grab a snack, don't bother to cook' kind of girl! But I've really reduced my fish intake and am having three or four small steaks a week, plus greens, plus sweet potatoes and squash, so fingers crossed! I'm also obsessed with those dark chocolate Lindt balls, which I'm not sure is necessarily a great swaying tactic, but they are great! I've also been having a cup of tea every morning, either regular or decaf. And always full fat milk

I was wondering the other day... are there are special foods you recommend (for either men or women swaying blue) during the actively trying period / ovulation? DH is still cycling quite a bit and has gone back to vaping (sigh) so I'm wondering if there's anything I could add to his, or both, our diets - particularly around the time we try (and we're still a way off as looking at late December!) to give us both an extra boost or something?

Many thanks, once again, it means the world to me to have someone to speak to about this xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, questions are fun for me.

Dark choc is the best of treats for blue swayers!

I don't recommend any particular foods beyond what I've already recommended. There is nothing special that happens that week before ovulation dietwise, so just stay the course.

If there was anything that could undo harm from cycling and vaping I'd already have you guys doing that. Just have him do his best with overall eating more healthfully and "cleaning the pipes" on a regular basis and you're still going to get good results with your sway. We do have pink swayers whose hubbies do those things and still get boys doing that.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks Atomic so far I reckon the 'cleaning the pipes' has been every 3-4 days. I've been careful to not let there be a gap of more than 4 days.

Do you think it's worth, in the 6 weeks leading up to ovulation in late December (so from early November) attempting to make this more frequent, like every other day to every 3 days?

Also! Been meaning to ask for ages - what’s the best oil to use for salad dressing? Is walnut oil ok, or is olive oil better? Or I can warm up coconut oil to use. Just want to use whatever is most effective Thanks so much xx
    Last edited by ruby_blue; October 29th, 2021 at 02:48 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. We have no evidence that 3 days is any better than 4. The studies found that 2-4 days all produced good sperm health. I like you guys to ahve the flexibility to go anywhere from 2-4 days instead of getting locked into a specific number of days because that way if something doesn't work out you can always have the attempt a different day.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok phew, I literally just checked your reply as we’ve both been really lazy (ie getting tired and old lol!) and are already at day 4… so it’s good to know there’s a window!

So thanks for clarifying and if you could let me know about the oil too that would be great as I get a bit muddled around omega 3’s & 6’s. I seem to remember reading that coconut oil is best for blue but can’t find that written now… I do remember you saying butter’s better than olive oil though (just a shame it’s not as easy to use in cooking!) Xx

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast