Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm sorry, I read that and everything but I must have gotten interrupted mid-question.

It's best to try to eat more Omega 3 than Omega 6. But for salad dressing, the lighter oils are a lot tastier than the heavier ones, so it's fine to have Omega 6 oils at times when they're needed and desirable.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s ok! I actually read the walnut oil contains omega 3, so maybe I’ll stick with that on greens.

I was also going to say, I picked up some Actimel immune support yoghurt drinks today, had one, and then noticed that they contain skimmed milk. Should I avoid them? I’m still having whole milk at other times. Here’s a link in case you’re not sure what I’m on about! https://www.ocado.com/products/actim...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks very much xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm not sure if my reply sent - just in case: I said that I read walnut oil contains omega 3, so I guess I can stick with that on greens!

Also I picked up a box of Actimel Immune support yoghurt drinks, after being on antibiotics but then saw that they contain skimmed milk. I’m still drinking whole milk at other times, so not sure if they’re okay to drink or not (I’ve already had one!). Thanks very much xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh darn it, it went into the spam filter, I've approved it. If that happens and you can't see your post (sometimes if you share a link, it will, and sometimes it just does it at random no rhyme or reason) just post again in the same thread and then I'll be able to see it and approve it.

walnut oil is just dandy on a salad!

Occasional use of the skim/part skim is ok. That's fine to help you get over the antibiotics.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, hope all is well with you. I’m moving into the one month before TTC territory which is exciting and very nerve racking! It feels like it’s been forever now! I just want to check a few things with you if that’s ok, plus it’s always nice to hear from you

1. Firstly is there anything in the number of hours that you sleep per night in helping a blue sway? I’m bad at getting to bed early, so should I be aiming to be in bed by a certain time / for a certain number of hours per night?
    2. Secondly, should we be upping any of the supplements and should DH space his Carnitine 500mg tablets (as he’s been taking both in one go?). I’m about to up my intake slightly to (400 x 5=) 2000mg Folate) + 300mg Folic Acid (in Centrum). I could take more if needs be as I’ve been on these high levels since around April…
    3. Should I try to up certain foods in the final lead up? I don’t think I’ve really put on much weight at all.. but I am eating as regularly as possible as I think the key is to not let blood sugar drop?
    4. If I get a flashing smiley for several days (I think my record is 10 days in a row) then should we aim to dtd every other day? We’re currently on a every 2-4 day pattern. Happy to try to go to every other day in December if it will help.

Any final bits of advice would be so appreciated

Thanks so much, as ever xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exciting! Good luck and blue dust headed your way!

1)Yes, we have found that adequate sleep is good for blue sways. I don't have a set number of hours, firstly because it really takes a LOT of sleep deprivation to sway pink (I have oft been low on sleep and gotten boys, it was only when I was insanely, life ruiningly low on sleep I got my girl) and so I don't want people to feel anxious when they're not super well rested, and secondly because mentally, the more you focus on specific set numbers of hours to sleep, the more people get worried and anxious about not meeting that number of hours, and that actually contributes to trouble sleeping. Monitoring hours of sleep is actually something that people with insomnia have to STOP doing to get over their insomnia.

Just do your best to get more sleep than you were. That's all you need to do.

2)just keep taking the amount of supplements you have been taking. No need for more, and in fact in some cases suddenly taking too many supplements can mess up the menstrual cycle (tho higher amounts of folate doesn't seem to have that effect). It's at your husband's discretion about when to take the carnitine. I'd probably just have him keep doing what he's been doing.

3)You don't need to gain much if any weight. 3-5 pounds is plenty for most people, and many people only gain 1-3 lbs. (I gained 3 lbs with 3 of my 4 boys, and held steady with the other one). We actually see a lot of girls conceived to people who gain huge amounts very quickly (and I really dislike it when people do it.) I have not seen any benefit (and indeed, another source of stress that can lead to blue swayers feeling very overwhelmed) in eating certain foods. We want you to go into this sway feeling you have this all mastered perfectly, not that you're doing things "wrong" and that you're leaving stuff out and you can't get it right. So we try to keep things simple, set attainable goals, and then treat it as a lifestyle you have mastery over and are knocking it out of the ballpark. Sudden last minute changes are not really conducive to that, so just keep doing what you've been doing and what you're already succeeding at.

4)Can your husband keep up with that pace?? If he can, and still be capable of having 3 attempts at or around positive OPK (solid smiley), then that's fine. If he can't or you're worried that he will run out of steam, I would go every 2 days OR every 2 days early on then every other day closer to when you expect positive OPK.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for all of this - you are too kind. What a supportive message. I'm currently in disagreement with DH about when we start trying which is really stressful and not what I need right now at all... but trying to stay positive as I really want to try soon... I'll keep you posted on everything and please keep your fingers crossed for me thank you for the blue dust xxxxx

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fingers and toes crossed too, and sending an army of Smurfs armed with special atomic blue dust your way!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love this... it really made me smile today and I needed to read it Thank you so much, for everything xxx

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! I had to send one more (at least I think it's only one more!) message. I hope that's ok...!

- I have Robitussin and I'm pretty sure I know which day I will ovulate next month. Shall I start taking 10ml every day 10 days before suspected ovulation? Or would taking it for less than 10 days suffice?
    - Is there anything in certain sexual positions helping a blue sway (is finishing from behind going to help)?
    - Finally, I think my body has got SO used to blue-friendly foods that I've lost weight recently. I never weigh myself but my appetite is low and I think I've just adjusted to full-fat everything. Should I aim to extra snacks through the day to help the sway?

Such a clinical message! haha

I'm getting super nervous as the time to try approaches (do nerves sway?! lol!) - especially as my partner isn't fully on board at the moment, but I'm determined to pull this off... somehow.... I mean it's been such a terrible year, I really want to go into 2022 with something great and change my story xxxx

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast