Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes of course that's what I'm here for!

We honestly don't know how long you need to take the guaifenesin for. Use your judgement. I generally think 5 days before O thru 3 days after is MORE than enough, probably even just a couple days around O is enough, but the 5/3 is how most people do it.

There probably is nothing to positions and swaying. I know of gobs of people who did doggy style and got girls (thinking that doggy was the magic boy position). Totally up to you what position you use, I probably wouldn't DTD standing up but whatever you are in the mood for.

If you're actually losing weight, yes, you should eat more (if snacks help with that, so be it). But be SURE you're really losing weight. One of the benefits of eating more fat is that it "sticks to your ribs" more and you won't feel as hungry as eating mostly carbs, but since you're not weighing yourself, I don't want you to add food if you're really holding steady.

It's totally normal for everyone to feel nervous when considering TTC! That simply can't sway either way since we all feel that!! Hang in there and hoping 2022 is GREAT for you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic, how are you doing? I didn’t think I would write again before my attempt, but things aren’t really going to plan and I’m in a bit of a state about it all… It’s been a pretty big month of drinking for DH, he’s had lots of beers on our holiday a few weeks ago and keeps meeting up with friends now we’re back home for beers. He’s also cycling a lot…

I haven’t been drinking at all, but I’ve somehow managed to get a sore throat and not feeling 100%. I’ve been sticking with the diet, but feel generally rundown. I think I will probably ovulate around this weekend, and I’m really worried that all the drinking plus a cycling DH is doing at the moment will really damage our chance of a blue sway. And maybe my stress isn’t helping!

I’ve started to even think it’s crazy to be doing a blue sway in December when there is so much alcohol around! What do you reckon? I don’t think I can stand much more waiting, but I just really want us to give this our best shot. DH is so stubborn in his ways ugh xxx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps i’ve been scouring the site trying to decide what to do… I really, really wanted to try this month, but from what I’ve read it seems that being ill will sway pink? I have a very sore throat and it's affected my voice. It's hard to sleep at night as I have that constant need to clear my throat; also I feel more tired than usual.

I've had two 'high fertility' days in a row now, so I imagine I will have peak fertility either tomorrow or on Friday. I'm in such a quandary over what to do. I think I've read every forum discussion on the topic and, while I know it's not a guarantee, it does seem that the odds are stacked against me this month. Because I'm not feeling great and DH has been drinking and cycling more. It's just such a shame as I was SO looking forward to trying, after 6 months of waiting, plus my ovulation coincided with a weekend, so we would have been able to get lots of attempts in... and I'm pretty sure I would have ovulated when there's the next full moon!

Also, I've been on the diet and supps since the beginning of September and will have to buy more of everything I don't think I've put on much weight at all though, so that's not a concern... it's just so disappointing. I never figured I would get ill during this time.

Our BD pattern this month has been on CDs: 2, 5, 7, 10, 13, 15 (yesterday). I am expecting peak fertility on CD 17-19 and to ovulate on CD 20.

Could I be in pink sway territory if I just leave my last attempt at CD 15...?! :s

I'd so appreciate you letting me know what to do. I don't want to ruin a good sway due to impatience - but I'm also confused about how ill you have to be to sway pink. If I feel better by tomorrow/ the weekend / peak fertility, should I go for it? Or just cut my losses and use protection over this time? Thanks a million x
    Last edited by ruby_blue; December 15th, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My gut instinct is for you to have more attempts since you've already had an attempt CD 15. The worst case scenario here would be to ovulate sooner than you expected to, and conceive from that one attempt, when we could have had more. We would have essentially outwitted ourselves, undermining our sway by trying to have an ideal month.

That having been said, if you are REALLY REALLY sure you won't ovulate till CD 20, then the odds of conception from having an attempt CD 15 are slim to none. In that case yes, it's fine to stop having sex and just count on being out this month, but I have seen a fair number of people do this, stop TTC with what seemd like plenty of time to spare, only to turn up pregnant and kicking themselves over it. in fact, this actually happened to me twice - both with my first and my second boys (so you can see long cutoffs don't really sway pink anyway! It's the number of attempts that is concerning) The first time I was hoping to not get pregnant and I stopped having sex at what should have been a long enough time not to get pregnant, and the second time we were trying but my husband changed his mind in the middle and we stopped having sex several days before I expected ovulation. Now, it's pretty clear I did ovulate early both those months but still it had to be a fairly long cutoff and I was really surprised when I conceived.

My point in telling you this is not to scare you into having an attempt if you aren't wanting to have one - the cycling a lot in particular is relatively concerning to me - but so you aren't caught unawares not even knowing that was a possibility. The odds are sky high that you can stop having sex now and not conceive, but i wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't at least mention the possibility.

So as to whether or not you should attempt, that's one of those crystal ball questions I really don't have an answer for. If you'll live 1000 lifetimes of regret trying and getting a girl, best to skip the month, but do keep in mind that for all we know this was a fine month for you to have a boy and next month may not be. There are just too many things we do not know about how swaying works for me to be able to predict anyone's chances.

We honestly do not know how sick you have to be to affect your sway negatively. Just not possible with the data I ahve available to me, to say.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, thanks so much for replying. It's so hard to say for sure when I will ovulate, but I was predicting CD 20 because my past couple of cycles have been 34 days long with suspected ovulation on day 20. It's harder to tell this cycle because my temp seems to be elevated

Is there anything I can do now to help in the mean time? I'm guessing no exercise at all, or maybe moderate exercise? I've also had a bit of a headache but not sure how ibroprufen / paracetamol could affect a sway?

Oh God, this feels like it's happening way too soon and I wish things could be a bit more under my control but I'll do my best to stay calm! x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just do what feels right. If you don't feel like exercising, then don't. As for painkillers, I doubt they do a whole lot (I have always taken them off and on because I have a lot of headaches from surgery I had when I was a teen, and have four boys!) So while it's great to avoid them if possible, if you're really struggling then I'd let yourself indulge a bit.

Even if your cycle has ALWAYS been O on CD 20, it is possible to see that change at any time. Our cycles are not set in stone at all and that's why I mention it, is so you know going in and aren't blindsided. Good luck and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s really difficult, I keep thinking that I’m feeling a little better, and then coughing and thinking no, I feel awful and I have really got no chance of a good blue sway… It also doesn’t help knowing that my partner has been cycling a lot more this week than normal. Do you think his long cycles on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday would affect our weekend?

If I do have another attempt, it would be tomorrow, as well as a couple of times over the weekend. I’m going to take in ovulation test in the morning as usual, and if it shows high rather than peak fertility again, maybe I should wait? I just don’t know, I’m going round in a circle! Sorry for my super repetitive and probably quite annoying messages! X

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ruby_blue! I'm swaying blue too and was in a similar situation as you this cycle. I had a cold. We ended up just going for it and I'm now in the TWW. Not sure if this is helpful at all. Just wanted to share so you know you're not alone and I totally understand what you're feeling. Sending you lots of blue dust regardless of what you decide!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes ruby_blue liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that’s super helpful, thank you! It’s nice to escape the echo chamber of my own, mad mind at the moment… I even got out my old tarot deck tonight lol. It’s really impossible to know what to do, whether to just go for it or stop now, and wait until next month.
    Was your cold really bad? I certainly feel rundown, but it’s not the worst illness I’ve had. Wondering if my worrying is actually making things worse too! Thanks for the blue dust, sending it your way too!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cold actually got me good! I didn't have a fever but was super congested. I couldn't even taste my food but I still tried to keep up with the HE diet as best as I could. I had skipped the month prior thinking it wasn't the best month only to be left with yet another less ideal month. As atomic said, there really is no "perfect" month! I figured since I got a positive OPK around the time I normally would have had I not been sick, that was at least a good sign? Haha, that's what pretty much set the trigger for just going for it! That and the fact we're now in cold and flu season where I live so will likely have another less than perfect month again. Hope that helps!

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes ruby_blue liked this post
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast