Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I hope DH mood improves! My husband turns into a monster just before holidays, which makes things a lot less fun!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, it’s not very pleasant in our house at the moment! I’ve woken up feeling really, really ill. I have a really chesty cough, I’ve basically lost my voice and have a lot of chest pain. I’m just wondering, if I’m this ill, whether even trying next month would be a good idea?

I’ve also taken two more test strips this morning and the clear blue is still flashing :-), but the line on the cheap OPK is getting fainter and fainter by the day. God knows what this means happened my ovulation, but maybe I somehow missed it. I’d be amazed if I could conceive anything in this month, I feel rotten.

How long do you recommend waiting before swaying blue again? And would seeking antibiotics help a sway (if this is bacterial…) ? So fed up this is happening! Xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Next month will be fine as long as it resolves as a normal cold does. If it hangs on and you're very sick for 2+ weeks you may want to consider skipping, but do keep taking into account the other things going on.

I do think given that you're having chest pain you should seek medical attention. Whether or not this is bacterial, there are viral and even fungal pneumonias, and of course Covid as well to contend with.

This has nothing to do with your sway. I find the claims that some make that "antibiotics sway blue" to be utter nonsense, I've never seen any scientific evidence in all this time that is the case, and since we see PRObiotics swaying blue, it strains belief that antibiotics sway blue too. But I don't want anyone who NEEDS antibiotics, postponing them because of their sway.

What happens (and I think I wrote this on the previous page, but in case I forgot or you missed it) is that you will gear up to ovulate, and then your body decides not to (in this case because you're ill, but there are other reasons it happens as well) So you'll have a nearly or even fully positive OPK, AND symptoms of ovulation, but then you don't ovulate. Since hormones make the OPK get darker, and cause the symptoms of ovulation, these things can happen even when the egg is not released. So in these cases, the symptoms will go away, and the monitor will either just stay at "high" fertility for many days or even go back to "low" again. But then in a few days or a week or even two/three weeks, you will surge again, have more symptoms, and possibly release the egg at that point. We have even had people with these false surges and then ovulation does not occur later THREE times in a month, not just two. So just keep in mind that even if you're not ovulating now, you can still ovulate and conceive later, and if you don't want to try this month you'd want to use protection to avoid conception with a later O.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply. This kind of reminded me of my next question, to do with the dreaded C word (no not Christmas!) but Covid… Should I get a booster jab or might it messed things up further? I haven’t been too fussed about getting one and DH isn’t keen either. We are both double jabbed so not sure if it’s worth it. It’s not like either of us are using public transport much or are mixing at the moment.

That makes total sense about the antibiotics. I think what I’ve got it’s just a really nasty cough / congestion. It’s definitely worse in the morning, but during the day I have started to feel better and less tired. I’m wondering whether it’s worth continuing to track ovulation, or if I might use up all my sticks by doing so! I might just go to using protection again, like you suggest, and see if I can notice any other signs of it coming… I just really want it to happen now, even if I’m not going for it, as it’s freaking me out that after months and months of being so regular, things have suddenly gone awry (Sod’s law!) x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot answer that question. People are clearly getting ill from Covid when pregnant, and yet at the same time I feel like we are not being told the full truth about the safety of the vaccines (and much to my great surprise, instead of getting clarity on this over time as I expected to, I honestly feel we are getting even less reliable information, whilst some pretty reasonable concerns people have are being handwaved away or lumped into an "antivaxxer" umbrella where most questions very much do not belong) At this stage I cannot say in good conscience either direction how I feel about it all, and I have to leave the decision in your hands.

Oh yes some bugs are like that, you feel quite congested in the morning and better over the course of the day. Yes it's entirely possible to use up your sticks on testing for no good reason, but at the same time it IS nice to be able to know what's going on, isn't it? Sorry that's a pretty unhelpful answer, but I'd do whatever seems like it would bring you the most peace of mind.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, I really feel that I’m not getting the full picture. But you’re right, asking questions seems to be problematic these days! DH isn’t keen on getting it any time soon, and I’m worried that this month has been badly impacted enough without adding more into the mix.

I felt terrible when I woke up this morning, although I do start feeling better as the day goes on. I took another OPK. Another bloody flashing smiley! Then took another Covid test, still negative. I’ve never been so tested (in everrrry sense)in my life ha ha…*sigh*

Feeling concerned that this is a really nasty illness, which might throw me off for trying next month as well. I’ll keep you in the loop with how I’m doing. I think I’d rather try when I’m feeling healthy and strong. X

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, and since I have the responsibility to try to advise you guys as best I can, I just don't feel good about that because there's just too much that isn't making sense to me, so I have to toss the choice back onto you guys.

Try not to be concerned in the long term - let's just play it by ear and see how it goes. It may be you're feeling great within a few days and this will all be a distant memory next month! FXFXFX!

9. Likes ruby_blue liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I hope you’re doing okay and saw my post on your other thread

I thought I just update you that this morning I finally got two positive OPKs: Solid smiley and a clear positive on the second one as well. As I’m still a bit of a cough-y mess, I think I’m going to have to skip this month even though it kills me to not try! I think above and beyond all swaying, I’d be scared to conceive when I feel so ill as I’m not sure it would be a good outcome…

It seems that illness certainly pushed back ovulation for me this month, but not by too much (I’m on CD 23). Trying to plan for January now, if you think that there’s enough time between now and then to recover and go in for a good blue sway? I have been debating whether to wait it out until February just to ensure I’m fully better? X

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did, thanks so much, it means the world to me.

Absolutely! It makes sense to me to just go ahead and skip the month. I would def. use protection after this as it is possible you could have a false negative, then go on to ovulate later on. I know it's tough to believe but it happens especially in circumstances like these.

Provided you do start feeling better within the next couple weeks I think there's nothing holding you back from January. I hope hubby is also able to cut back on the cycling and drinking as well during this time. Let's look at this as an opportunity maybe God/the universe was providing us to have the best sway possible!!!

I hope you're over this soon!

13. Likes ruby_blue liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey atomic, how are you doing? If you happen to read this tomorrow then Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family have a lovely time

I’m feeling a little fed up today because, as I type, DH is in a very hot bath which he insists on doing to ‘relax’. He’s also still been vaping for the same reason. He’s not on board with the whole sway thing, or even really with having another child, so he’s not listening to my directions… Annoying.

I guess I’m wondering how much you think these things sway and if there’s anything I could adjust in terms of his pills or diet (because those things are more within my control?). Also, because men are more likely to take hot baths in winter months does this mean that it’s harder to sway blue when it’s cold? Or does the heat in spring or summer also make it harder to sway blue? I’m starting to wonder about everything, sorry! I think the loooong wait has got me trying to control everything.

As for me, I still have this nasty cough and not feeling completely on form, but trying to keep up with the eating. Nearly 4 months on the HE diet now! Trying to stay positive for the new year. Happy Christmas X

Ps - update: he claims he’ll quit vaping at the end of this year. I’m now wondering whether going for it in January is going to be too early? If he sticks to it of course!
    Last edited by ruby_blue; December 26th, 2021 at 08:46 AM.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast