Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello, just a little update from me: I’m on CD37 now and still no proper sign of a period - just more spotting. As in, only when I go to the toilet and wipe but nothing at other times. And 70% of the time there’s nothing at all even when I go to the toilet!

I’ve started to wonder if this could be low progesterone. Obviously I’ve had a couple of early miscarriages… or maybe I just ovulated late this cycle. It’s annoying as my cycles really regulated for a while!

Do you think there’s anything I need to do? I’m still hoping for this blue sway and trying not to stress - as I know that does not sway blue! - but it’s tricky when everything is so hard to predict all of a sudden x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ruby! This exact thing happened to me last year. I ended up having an anovulatory cycle. The weirdest part was that about a week or so after the strange spotting I had (which was exactly as how you've described yours and it didn't end up being a normal bleed like my period) I ended up ovulating! I only knew to test because I had noticed EWCM out of the blue! Hope this helps, but just thought I'd share my experience. In my case, I had a normal cycle afterwards. The cycle I didn't ovulate I'll admit I was quite stressed as DH was away from home longer than expected.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, thank you for seeing this and replying! So when you had your anovulatory cycle, do you mind me asking how many days your whole was? And did you ovulate before the spotting as well?

I’m wondering whether stress has brought this on. I really don’t know what to do, it’s really getting me down. I was all geared up to try this month but now it seems like it might not work or be a good idea. It’s like my body is trying to have a period then deciding not to.

A flurry of pregnancy announcements among friends really hasn’t helped my mood either x

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The cycle just before the random spotting, I remember using OPKs at the time I was expecting to O and they were SO finicky that month! I kind of felt my body was trying to ovulate but I don't think it did during that time. I can't recall how long my cycle was as I had given up and thought I'd wait for my period before tracking again. In my case I'm sure it was stress and it sorted itself out the following cycle. Hope that helps and good luck!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, it’s so ironic isn’t it that we have to try not to stress but the whole thing just causes so much stress! Maybe that’s just me :s. Are you going to be trying again this month? Hope it goes well if so

Ps I actually think my period might be starting now, either that or I’m going mad as I’ve spent most of the morning in tears…!
    Last edited by ruby_blue; January 6th, 2022 at 08:25 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Miscarriages aren't caused by low progesterone. Miscarriages CAUSE low progesterone, because that's the way your body ends pregnancies, by dialing hormones back to bring it to an end. A normal pregnancy will signal your body to make all the progesterone it needs. Doctors did not understand this in the past and so we still have lots of stuff online going on about "low progesterone" but as long as you are having cycles where your LP is longer than 7-8 days you are not experiencing low progesterone.

It's sounding more and more to me that you didn't ovulate after all due to your illness and this is probably just your body sloughing off the lining as breakthrough bleeding. Breakthrough bleeding can be weird like you're describing and sometimes takes a little bit to come off.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby_blue View Post
    Thanks, it’s so ironic isn’t it that we have to try not to stress but the whole thing just causes so much stress! Maybe that’s just me :s. Are you going to be trying again this month? Hope it goes well if so

Ps I actually think my period might be starting now, either that or I’m going mad as I’ve spent most of the morning in tears…!
    Please don't try not to stress. I bring up stuff about stress in terms of SWAYING because I don't like to see pink swayers who get obsessed and blue swayers who feel like swaying is too complicated and they should just give up. This was never supposed to translate into any other arena of life and it was never my intent for people to sit around trying to control their reactions to things like you're describing.

Please just liive your life, have the normal and natural human reactions to events that you have automatically, and don't stress about stress.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby_blue View Post
    Hey, thank you for seeing this and replying! So when you had your anovulatory cycle, do you mind me asking how many days your whole was? And did you ovulate before the spotting as well?

I’m wondering whether stress has brought this on. I really don’t know what to do, it’s really getting me down. I was all geared up to try this month but now it seems like it might not work or be a good idea. It’s like my body is trying to have a period then deciding not to.

A flurry of pregnancy announcements among friends really hasn’t helped my mood either x
    It was not stress, it was clearly illness. Don't overthink this!!!

Also, breakthrough bleeds are all very different from one another so unfortunately this rarely translates from person to person.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya, thanks Atomic. Yesterday I started what seems like a much more 'normal' period to me - belly ache, feeling emotional, and more consistent bleeding. So I have no idea what the few days of stop-start bleeding was about...!

It's made it harder to plan ahead... and you know what a rebellious man I'm working it! so some planning is needed or DH will be off cycling somewhere, whilst drinking beer and smoking haha

In October and November, I O'd on CD20, then December it looks like it was CD24, or potentially not at all. If I'm well, do you think I could go back to O on CD20 again this month? (this is one of those crystal maze type questions that must be so annoying, sorry!). Also, I'm thinking of last big push on the diet front. Shall I really stuff my face / try to enlarge snacks? Sometimes I just grab a few almonds as a snack.. unfortunately I think the length of time I've been on the HE diet has made me a bit weary of the foods, but I'm not a very imaginative eater or cook! x

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can ovulate at any point after CD 12. Past cycles do not predict what future cycles come, so you can absolutely O back to CD 20 again or at any point really.

You don't need to stuff your face, just try to eat consistently. As long as you're eating something, even if it's just a few almonds, that still will raise your blood sugar. You don't need to be stuffed and gain massive amounts of weight on HE Diet, we just want you to be eating regular meals.

Good luck and blue dust headed your way!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast