Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't take anything, just tried to drink lots of tea, slept with a cool mist humidifier and definitely ate more spicy food that week! My cold resulted in a lot of phlegm and mucus buildup so I really was just trying to get it out as my nose had not been runny at all. I did take mucinex during that week as well. Felt great as soon as my fertile window closed (of course!).

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's tough but do your best to stay upbeat! A lot is out of our control so the least we can do is work on the parts that are. Sending you lots of positive and BLUE vibes!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh this has been a crazy week! Thanks for your patience.

I think (and a couple studies have shown this as well) that natural EWCM is better than the lubes. It's fine if you need them, but if you have natural CM I'd just stick with that. I myself and many many other of our swayers have gotten boys never using any of those products!

I love seeing people do every other day when there's a flashy then hitting it daily with solid. It's also a good way to get another attempt in for those whose husbands can't go every day!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Missv thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, thanks for your reply. I’m not sure if you’ve read all my other mental messages, but things have gone out of plan again and I could really do with some advice! I started to feel ill a couple of days ago, there have been some nasty colds around here. DH and I last BD on Tuesday (CD14).

And then yesterday morning (CD17) I woke up feeling very ill, with what I believed to be another sinus infection. I also took an OPK test and a CBT test. Both of them showed peak. This is early for me - peak is usually CD 19 and last month (when ill) was CD23.

In a panic, and without thinking, I instigated another BD with DH that morning. I then started to feel worse and worse over the course of the day and spoke to my doctor on the phone. I told him I had another sinus infection and, without seeing me, got prescribed antibiotics. I dashed to pick these up and started taking them, hoping that they would make me feel better. But the truth is that they haven’t, and I’m not even sure I should be taking them. It could be just a very bad virus. I had planned to BD that evening too but felt too exhausted.

In all honesty, I wish I hadn’t had that attempt yesterday I just skipped this month altogether. My CM has completely dried up, not that there was much to start with. OPK line fainter today (CD18).

I don’t know what to do in terms of whether to keep going with attempts or whether to keep going with antibiotics. Really hoping you see this and can please reply. Sorry to be so difficult. I can’t believe another month has been messed up by illness

I am wondering whether it could’ve been a false positive because I didn’t have any flashing :-) is beforehand, I just went straight to peak. I also didn’t have much CM and I’m just generally very rundown.

Thanks xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you must continue antibiotics because you've started them. At this point, even if it IS a virus (which I think is possible) you don't want to stop them because you've knocked back some of the microbes in your body. Stopping them now would mean that any little buggie that is stronger against the antibiotics will now live to fight another day, and this is how you get antibiotic resistant bacteria running amok. Just finish the run of them.

If you can stand it I'd carry on with attempts. We need to operate under the assumption that it wasn't false positive, and in that case it's important to keep going with attempts otherwise you may end up with the one attempt.

It is not unusual to go straight to peak with no flashing and still ovulate. That doesn't mean it was a false one. Go for it!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Atomic, I’m really losing track of what is going on with me… today it’s cycle day 21. 5 days after the positive OPK (which I thought may have been a false positive - and hard to tell by temps as mine was elevated due to this cold). And this morning when I go to the loo: bright red blood!

Yesterday I felt incredibly emotional all day, which is usually a sign of my period coming. My temp yesterday was also very low. And now this. Could it be a period? Given my cycles are usually around 34 days long I think it’s unlikely..

Needless today, very fed up. Maybe I have a hormone malfunction or something :s

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So there are two possibilities. One is that you ovulated sooner than you thought, and because it was early you hadn't started doing OPK yet and missed it, then the positive OPK was from the secondary estrogen surge (and since it was such a weird one, this makes sense). Or, the other possibility is that you are having an anovulatory cycle, you didn't ovulate and you're having a breakthrough bleed. This could also be as it's not unusual to have an anovulatory cycle following a goofy cycle.

It's not a hormone malfunction. There's no such thing as a hormone malfunction (unless you have PCOS, but that wouldn't manifest like this, and even that is likely not a "malfunction" but is simply something we don't yet understand) Sure, we have off cycles now and then but it's your body reacting to stressors such as being ill, having losses fairly recently, and so on. It does this as a safety mechanism to try to prevent you from conceiving during times when your body feels you are not in a good place to get and stay pregnant. And as soon as it's able to, it will be trying to get things back to normal again.

If you think it would be reassuring you do have the option of going in for testing to see what's up, but the testing is generally uninformative and they rarely have any treatment anyway other than "wait and see" so I'd likely just wait personally, but that's your call to make.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, reading this made me hate my body a little bit less… I guess it is trying to recover. Looking at my charts, and remembering symptoms, I really can’t see where I could’ve ovulated earlier but I guess it’s a possibility. Since this morning’s bleeding, there has been absolutely no more at all.

My doctor was meant to be calling me back but hasn’t yet.. But actually I was thinking along the same lines as you, for all their observations and stuff, there’s not much they can do to help. I just try to stay as relaxed as possible and hope that this cycle sorts it self out. I hope it does soon because feels like I’ve been on HE diet forever now (I’m a blob!) plus pills.. £££… but it’s all I want to happen so, FX! I’ll let you know what happens next & thanks for being here for me as ever xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So how much weight have you gained overall??

Would you say this is manifesting itself much like last month did?? I recall you had some mysterious bleeding and then didn't get your true period for a while after?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heyyy Atomic just coming back to this thread now.. I really wanted to sway this month but have come down with *another* cold type thing (courtesy of my toddler). So far symptoms: sore throat, now phlegmy cough, feeling tired. I’ve stopped exercising and started going to bed early. Also trying to drink a lot and avoid talking. Taking cough syrup because I need it to sleep!

I’m on CD13 and this started around CD10/11. It hasn’t risen to my sinuses (yet!!!) so hopefully it won’t.

I usually O CD16-18. Try or wait it out?! The waiting is driving me CRAZY and I’m kind of despairing at the constant rounds of illnesses…

If I do try, what short term behaviours may help? Is dropping all exercise ok?

Thanks a million x

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast