Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic please help if I should take Femara

Hi atomic, I haven’t gotten pregnant and my cycle length was longer than month 33 days vs 30 days and it used to be 28 before I had 2 chemical pregnancies. I’m not sure If I even ovulated this past month? I just went to my ob today for my yearly exam and she said I could take Clomid. I told her I didn’t want clomid since I conceived 2 babies with either chromosomal abnormalities/birth defects that I lost in the 2nd trimester so she suggested Femara.

Does Femara also sway girl? Do you think it’s bad to take at my age 38 (39 in Nov)?
    If you think it’s good…what days of cycle do I take it? I started august 31st so I’m on cycle day 8 now.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you got your period, you all but certainly ovulated. 28, 30, and 33 days are all normal length menstrual cycles, so even if it's unusual for you, it's within normal range and it's ok to have small fluctuations like that.

Clomid doesn't cause those issues but Femara is good too. Yes, it sways pink, and it's also better for women 35 plus because it won't raise your FSH like Clomid can.

Did your doctor not give you a schedule for taking it?? I would suggest 2.5 mg from CD 3-7 but I'd like to hear what your doctor suggested first. You will not be able to take Femara this month because you're on Cycle Day 8.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you got your period, you all but certainly ovulated. 28, 30, and 33 days are all normal length menstrual cycles, so even if it's unusual for you, it's within normal range and it's ok to have small fluctuations like that.

Clomid doesn't cause those issues but Femara is good too. Yes, it sways pink, and it's also better for women 35 plus because it won't raise your FSH like Clomid can.

Did your doctor not give you a schedule for taking it?? I would suggest 2.5 mg from CD 3-7 but I'd like to hear what your doctor suggested first. You will not be able to take Femara this month because you're on Cycle Day 8.
    Okay that’s good to know thank you! She said she’d prescribe me either but I said clomid makes me too nervous but maybe Femara and that I’d want to research it first. I’ll email her and see if she’d call some in in case. I had to get stitches so no working out for a while unfortunately so hopefully that would sway and make my ovulation more regular too?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, do you mean getting stitches, exercise, or Femara?? I think you mean Femara but I just want to be sure.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic please help if I should take Femara

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sorry, do you mean getting stitches, exercise, or Femara?? I think you mean Femara but I just want to be sure.
    Haha sorry for the confusion…my ob did end up prescribing femara 2.5 mg I think but I haven’t taken it yet. I got Erythema Nodosum on my legs (I think it’s an after thing of Covid or untreated strep I got 6 weeks ago?) And the dermatologist biopsied my leg to make sure so I have stitches. Dr said not to work out with the Erythema nodosum all over my legs and stitches…for how long I just don’t know I want to because the pain isn’t too bad but I definitely don’t want to make it worse. I’m also, using a topical steroid cream to reduce the inflammation and I heard that sways boy? It definitely seems to have increased my CM as I don’t remember having any the last couple months and now I have lots.
    How long should I wait to take the femara? I was thinking of taking it in November? I was saying I hoped Femara would sway more since I couldn’t work out?
    Maybe by then l this will be out of my system? I also don’t want a summer baby so there’s that too

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's fine not to exercise in that situation.

Continue using the steroid cream as needed. Any claims that steroid creams are swaying blue are totally unproven.

We have not found CM levels to be predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. Many people (myself included) have gotten boys with no visible CM and girls with CM. So I'd not read too much into that as you do need some CM to conceive ab aby of either gender.

Ok so you want to wait to TTC till November and take the Femara then, right? That's fine with me! However you want to do it!

8. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Likes jenn1112 liked this post