Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc after miscarriage.

Hey Atomic,
    Hope all is well with you. I’m back after a little break. not sure if you remember back in April I had a Missed miscarriage at 15 weeks. Baby had stopped growing at around 13 weeks.
    I’m slowly preparing myself to Ttc again. I had attempted a mild boy Sway. But I really wanted to up my chances of conception. We haven’t used any protection, having regular sex every 2-4 days. I haven’t conceived as of yet.

AF is due in about 4-5 days. When can I start the mucinex? I’ve been drinking lemon water not sure if that can help. But either way I drink lots of water. This cycle I tracked ovulation I’ve had LOTS of EWCM and ovulated on CD 15 I’m currently on CD 25 my cycles last about 29-30 days.
    In my last 3 pregnancies (including the miscarriage) I used preseed and I pretty much conceived in the first month of trying. I will go ahead and use preseed this time. Any other positions or tips please fill me in! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I do remember you, so sorry for your loss.

Everything in a blue sway should help boost chances of conception. So there's nothing to drop from the mix really, it will all help.

I generally have people take the guaifenesin starting 5 days before they expect O and continuing 3 days after.

If you're making lots of EWCM I'd probably just skip Preseed in that case. A couple studies have found that while Preseed is better than other jellies, it's still inferior to EWCM so I'd just stick with EWCM if you have a good amount.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc after miscarriage.

Thank you Atomic.

I’ll stick to the least amount of preseed, I’ve always used it when trying to conceive.

So I’m currently on CD 27. I’ve been using both of the ovulation strips and CB opk. This cycle I got a darker than the test line later at night of CD 14 around 11:30pm and early CD 15 I got my a peak on CB and the strips were still dark so I went with the first positive which was late on CD 14, would I consider that to be the day of +Opk? Or the CD 15 clear blue peak

Another thing I did want to mention, so far it’s showing possible O day to be on the 16th December, which is considered to be CD15 HOWEVER DH is leaving to go abroad for 3 weeks on that day!!!!

So for example DH leaves on CD 15
    And if I get a +opk on CD 14 or 15, what’s the best BD pattern I could keep up, and keeping in mind I could possibly BD the morning of CD15 (the day he leaves)
    My previous pregnancy I dtd every 2-4 days and when O was approaching I did O-3, O-2, and O-1. Or could I stick to O-4, O-2, O-1 and if +Opk day is the CD 15 (the day he leaves) try a O+1 the morning of?

Is there still a chance of pregnancy if we aren’t able to Dtd day after O day or maybe the same day! I hope it’s not too confusing!

Thank you for your efforts and advice

Last edited by afya1; November 30th, 2021 at 02:17 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have you guys start attempting based on the first OPK of any brand. It may be that the brand that goes positive is indeed more accurate but the thing is, you can conceive from attempts too soon, but not too late, so it's best to start attempts with the first positive not wait around for them all to be in agreement.

The apps really aren't reliable so let's just wait and see. Hopefully you'll ovulate sooner than that and then it's just academic.

I would skip O-4 and hit it O-3 thru when he leaves as much as you can.

Yes there's still a fine chance without an O Day attempt! And the day after O actually has never led to a conception. We only have attempt that day in case ovulation is later than we expect.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc after miscarriage.

Yes that makes sense,

So ideally, I should dtd 3 consecutive days the last day being the day he leaves which is roughly CD 15.

Worst case scenario if I get a +opk the day he leaves or day after, I hopefully will have the previous attempts that will cover me.

He leaves on the 16th December, would the 14th, 15th and 16th of December be considered as 3 attempts? Would you highly recommend we BD morning of 16th since it’s closer to potential
    Ovulation date? I wanted to know what days are more important incase Dh runs out of steam lol

Also, if DH isn’t able to dtd morning of the 16th (The day he leaves which is CD15 ) I could BD on 13th, 14th and 15th December? I know the apps arent reliable but so far it’s showing Ovulation day CD 16-17 but this cycle I O’d on late night CD14.
    I do hope I ovulate around CD14 or 15, this would mean it would be the day DH leaves.

Thank you again!

Last edited by afya1; December 1st, 2021 at 05:12 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes if you can, that's fantastic! Exactly right, you will have the previous attempts to carry the day. I got 3 of my 4 boys doing exactly that - several attempts then stopping before O. One time my husband wasn't even at home, just like you're describing, when the egg dropped!

We can't know in advance what days are most important because we dont' know when the egg will show up. We can't rely on the apps and stuff because they don't predict very well. It is totally possible you will O CD 14. But yes, err on the side of not starting TOO soon, but keep in mind that O can come early too!

It's great if you can have an attempt that morning but if not it can still work for you without it. Don't stress too much if it doesn't work out, the important thing is being in with 2-3 attempts!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc after miscarriage.

Thank you Atomic! Feeling pretty bummed. As AF showed up today. This means O day will be pushed even more further away. Nonetheless, I’ll still go ahead and try some attempts. So far CD 14-15 will be be either on 17 or 18th of December. That’s when I might get a +opk, but DH will be long gone by the 16th December
    All I can do is wish for the best.

Is it right, that your periods usually come 2 weeks after a + opk?

Last edited by afya1; December 4th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you never know, you may ovulate earlier than you expected this month! FXFXFX!

Period usually comes 12-14 days after ovulation so yes, in most cases you will see your period show up about 2 weeks after positive OPK!

9. Thanks afya1 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc after miscarriage.

Hey Atomic,

I just wanted to get some advice, DH will be leaving around 6am on the 16th. We usually always BD late evenings! (After the kids are down ofc! Lol)

So far I was thinking to dtd on the evenings of the 13th, 14th and 15th. I wasn’t sure if we should go for a last early morning attempt on the 16th but that would be very close to our late night attempt on the 15th (we usually get time alone by 10-11pm ish) this would mean it would have only been about 6hours or so since we last Dtd. would that not decrease sperm count?

Or should I stick to evening off 14th, 15th and morning of the 16? I’m not sure if the 13th attempt is too far off and 16 is closer to O day

I highly doubt DH will want to have another BD session in such a small space of time!!

What would you suggest? So far apps showing supposedly O day is 18th!
    Last edited by afya1; December 12th, 2021 at 01:41 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The apps aren't very reliable so take that with a grain of salt.

While I would love to see you guys do 13, 14, 15, morning of the 16th, I would do 14, 15, morning of the 16th if you think DH can't go that often. Six hours between should not matter, sperm count would have recovered by then, and it actually doesn't matter even if it did suppress sperm count. This is because when you're having many attempts in the fertile window (instead of the Shettles one attempt) you're simply adding more and more sperm, instead of relying on one HUGE batch to carry the day. So even if the final batch was a little smaller (again, it probably won't be) it will simply be added to the previous sperm numbers and it will only help regardless of what size it is.

To illustrate, we're really comparing:

The old school Shettles style with one big batch of sperm - let's say 200 million sperm

to

Our method of lots of attempts where you'd have the batch from CD 14 (200 million) the batch from CD 15 (200 million) and then the batch from CD 16. Even if that final batch from CD 16 was only half of normal (which again, it probably would not be) you'd still end up with more sperm overall than if you had had just one attempt. Even if you only ended up with the batch from CD 15 and 16 you'd still have more sperm than just one attempt would be!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast