Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that was including the amount in your prenatal. If you get the one that had 665 mcg folate only take one more of those.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is based on bad and outdated info, and it is completely shameful that they're still using it. It is based on studies in which women self-reported when they ovulated and it was never confirmed (not to mention when they had sex, which, researchers cannot ever know that that is legit) and/or studies where the researcher assumed ovulation on CD 14 when that is not at all true for everyone or even most people. Junk science that is causing people to think they are infertile when they aren't, they're just having sex at the wrong time!

Just because "living" sperm have been retrieved from the reproductive tract 5-7 days before ovulation, that DOES NOT MEAN that those sperm can or could fertilize anything. Only 5% of sperm even live 4 days, and the AVERAGE length of time sperm survive is a day and a half. We see people going months, even years trying to conceive with 3-4-5 day cutoffs (for pink.) The best studies done using modern technology showed that the chances of sex 4 days before O were 1 in 1000, 5 days before O were 1 in 10,000, and 6 days before O were one in 100,000 (and I have that study on here posted somewhere). This is very much in line with our observations, where people simply are not conceiving with those cutoffs and when people think they do, upon further investigation I find out that they ovulated soooner than they thought in the vast majority of the cases.

(now, this doesn't mean that having sex those days cannot help with conception in some ways - you don't need to skip those days when swaying blue, because more sperm and exposure to the hormones in semen even when not fertile, can help make YOU more likely to conceive. It just means you can't rely on those long cutoffs to conceive with because it's unlikely enough that we can't base a sway on it.)

1-2 days before is best chances of conception (somewhere around 30-35% apiece depending on the study you go off of, as different studies have slightly different findings, which is to be expected) O Day is next best but there is some variation in the reports, with some studies finding very good chances with O Day (nearly as good as 1-2 days before), and other studies finding somewhat lower chances on O Day than O-1 and O-2...since I have seen disappointing conception rates with people trying Shettles for boys on O Day only, I suspect that O Day IS lower than O-1 and 2. O-3 is, in every reliable study I have seen and in my observations, below the three other days (I averaged this out once and it was 8% but I haven't done it for a while), and any day further out than that is not successful enough to rely on.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 17th, 2021 at 12:16 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The darkness of your OPK does not matter and has far more to do with the concentration of your urine than what is happening inside your body. I know the apps make it sound like darkness matters but it's really quite irrelevant and the darkest OPK means precisely nothing at all whatsoever.

I generally go off of the FIRST opk of any brand rather than waiting for them to agree. You did exactly right on when to DTD.

I do consider your CD 12 OPK positive. You had well timed attempts and even with your hubby gone I think that was a solid attempt.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic. So when would you consider an opk to be positive ? Is it the first bit of darkness you get? Because on CD13 early morning around 5am, the test strip was darker than the control line and I got a peak on the CB. I feel as though the CB fertility is a little limited, the strips are able to test more.

I’ve attached the picture of the strips. I know Premom app is not reliable like most of them. I purely used this to take pictures since I throw my tests away afterwards. This was purely for my own record. But I can see CD12 there was when it was beginning to darken. How would I interpret these results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it is not the first bit of color on the OPK. Believe it or not your husband could get those kind of fainter lines on OPK sometimes because the human body uses the hormone for lots of things. It's only when the concentration reaches a certain amount that ovulation is triggered.

Positive is when the lines are as dark or darker than control line. At least from what I can see on here (keeping in mind that looking at a photo on a computer is going to be less accurate than what you see in person) your second OPK CD 12 is the first positive.

What the apps say is "peak" is nonsense BS that they made up. Up until the apps were invented like 2 years ago, what EVERY expert in NFP called "peak" was the FIRST POSITIVE. Not the darkest. (and what fertility monitors call "peak fertility" begins roughly with first positive OPK on the strips) Darkest positive is not and never was a "thing". The reason for this is because you ovulate based on when your body "hears" the message, which it does at the first positive OPK, even if the test gets darker later on. No one was ever supposed to, and indeed, should NOT wait around for a "darkest" OPK which you can only see in retrospect anyway. What if you skip a CD 12 attempt and never GET a darker one on CD 13?? The entire premise is absolute utter nonsense.

Now, when it comes to the fertility monitors like CBFM and others, remember that most people are not swaying, and start having sex with the "highs" and go thru the "peak". So really it's not less accurate or limited, it's just that it is slightly less helpful because people do tend to get "peak" slightly later than on the strips, but they still want you to be having sex on the second "high" if not all the high readings. You can still use them successfully, just that we need to treat the demarkation between high and peak a little differently.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc after miscarriage.

Thank you atomic; for clarifying everything for me. It makes sense now and I’m glad I haven’t taken the apps too seriously…

Hopefully we have our bases covered, I wanted to ask if there’s anything we need to do for implantation, again I’m not sure on the accuracy but people say there’s certain things we can do to encourage implantation, or “prep the environment”. Is this something that actually helps?

Another thing, I’m in the 2WW now, I said I wouldn’t symptom spot but I’ve been getting period like cramps since yesterday and lower backache I’m about 3-4dpo. I read through my old posts and I had similar symptoms right around this time for my last pregnancy.. it’s going to be a long wait’

Are there any 2WW groups here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123