Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have simply a very faint line barely darker than a ghost line, then yes, you must test again after a missed period. The tests have simply not been reliable with faint pos.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers13913 View Post
    Oh wow! I thought when you see a faint line it means it’s positive and your set! How interesting. I should probably test again than :/ lol I took a test yesterday at 10dpo with first response and I saw a faint line! Called my OB today and made an appointment I’ll take another one tomorrow with fmu! I didn’t temp this cycle even though I probably should’ve. I’ve tried in the past and the temps were all over the place Bc my LO still wakes up but I’ll keep you posted!

Update: I got impatient and figured I had 2 tests left so why not test right now and it still shows a faint line on the first response test. Do you remember with your boys if you got a positive test sooner or later?

Hoping you get a pink sticky bean next month!!!
    Yay! It looks like congratulations are in order! So happy for you!

Yea I really don't know what is going on I never got any faint lines before only when I was preg with my DS2 but the line got significantly darker the next day. Always thought a line is a line and experiencing this 2x in a row devastating. I planned not to temp but then I hate the guessing game and having false hope so still did and I am glad that I did. Temp dropped again but still above coverline, probably expecting AF tomorrow.

With my DS2 I was ttc so I got my very faint line on 8DPO and a very obvious pink line the next morning at 9DPO. I had bloodwork done that afternoon and my HCG level was 37. With my first I didn't test with the super sensitive ones, just normal home test and I tested positive on the morning of my missed period (negative the day before). I wasn't really seriously TTC so no clue what DPO was I on. Probably 12-14ish. So can't really compare but my DS2 was early for sure.
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is something going on with the tests lately. So back in 2019 when you were pregnant with your second son that was prior to us noticing this and the faint positives seemed reliable at that time. It is either some sort of issue with manufacturing due to the pandemic, or they (and this happens all the time) came up with some way to make the tests more cheaply and it's become industry standard, as several different brands have been giving us this issue.

My advice to everyone reading this is a) don't test too early and b) don't believe in ghost lines. I have always been very very hesitant when you guys are testing 8 DPO and getting excited over very faint lines so none of this advice is new, but I just can't ever seem to get people to stop doing this (and I understand, it's exciting to know as soon as possible, but it creates far far more heartbreak and it is not worth the excitement for 2-3 days of knowing a bit sooner.) But even if people have ignored me in the past, please listen here and now because until this anomaly with the tests is cleared up, it's really REALLY causing heartbreak for people.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I tested again on the day of my pissed period and it gave me 2 dark lines. I have an appointment with my OB when I’m 8 weeks! To be completely honest, I’m extremely nervous. I just don’t know if I did all that I could to make me feel 100% in my sway. I was on the diet for months and took supplements but of course this cycle ended up being different as I usually only have EWCM on the day of ovulation but this time I had it the day before. I’m trying to mentally prepare myself that this will be a girl the only thing that says boy for me is the Chinese gender calendar but I hear that’s like flipping a coin. Lol

I’m hoping you get a pink sticky bean on your next attempt!!

5. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Excellent!!

I always have EWCM that dries up before O and I have four boys!

Think of it this way - if the Chinese had any ancient wisdom that could prevent a baby's gender there would not be orphanages full of unwanted baby girls. The CGC is just nonsense and we've done soooo many polls and threads on it and it's always 50-50.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic!! Yes that is why we even DTD was because of the EWCM, or originally I would’ve DTD morning of ovulation and evening and the next day. Do you think I have a high chance of conceiving a boy? So we DTD in the evening day before ovulation and the next day evening (Day of ovulation). If you don’t think so please tell me honestly based off of your experience and what you have seen, I would rather have myself prepared mentally
    Last edited by Sunflowers13913; January 11th, 2022 at 01:59 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't tell anyone's chances of having a boy, but I think having attempts the day before O and the day of O is wayyyyy better for blue than having an attempt day of O and after O (which has no chance at the egg and does not count as attempt).

Good luck and blue dust!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you!! Fingers crossed for a healthy blue bundle!! xx

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123