Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please see this post Atomic

Hi I’ve been lingering on this site for a while and have finally attempted, I want to ask you for your opinion as I’m really nervous. I saw EWCM in the evening on Tuesday and we DTD, on Wednesday morning I saw peak on my CB test and we DTD again that evening. I have sharp pain on my right side and believe I ovulated today Thursday. Did I ruin my chances of TTC a boy? I read online that sperm die within 24-48 hours and I’m terrified that the Tuesday attempt sperm died and now the Wednesday attempt with less sperm fertilized the egg. What do you think? I appreciate any feedback please.

2. Likes StarryRiver liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

First of all, 1 and 2 days before O are actually the highest chances of conception. So the Tuesday attempt was definitely in with a chance. I would have liked to see you have another attempt, be it on Wednesday or Thursday morning, or even Thursday night (and if there is any way to sneak one in this morning, I definitely would, because sometimes the egg comes later than we expect).

But I urge you to have another attempt NOT because the Wednesday batch of sperm would be smaller, but because then you'd have the three attempts we aim at when swaying blue. It actually takes 7-10 days of release every day OR VERY close releases back to back (within 6 hours max, and in most cases really more like 1-3 hours) to effectively lower sperm numbers, sperm recovers nicely within 24 hours
    It wouldn't matter anyway because you're not doing the "One attempt at Ovulation" Shettles method anyway. Since you had two attempts you're just adding more sperm to what was already there. Yes, some of it will capacitate and die, but some of the first batch will stay dormant and then wakes up over the course of time to find the egg. So you will definitely have more sperm because of the timing of your attempts.

Also just so you know, one sided pain does not necessarily coincide with ovulation. O pain can happen before, during, and after ovulation, and the things that people think are O pain can be caused by LOTS of different things - the eggs themselves developing prior to O, irritation from the fluid that is released at the same time as the egg, which can last for a couple of days after O, cramping in the uterus and tubes to move the egg along, the ovary develops lots of eggs on both sides and after ovulation, has to reabsorb all of them making for a sore and swollen ovary. I myself just had sharp, stabbing, one sided pain all yesterday night and I am on my period right now!! I thought "this is the exact type of thing that people mistake for O pain!" I have seen soooo many people who tell me they know to the hour when they ovulated because of those sharp pains and then they're shocked when they have ultrasounds reveal that they had ovulated weeks before, or hadn't ovulated yet. I just don't want you to read too much into the timing of those pains because people will stop trying based on things that are not ovulation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give a detailed reply. I really appreciate it! I’ve been freaking out since Tuesday wondering if I just did this all wrong as this would be my last child. I really wonder if the pain for me happened after O, how is the cervical mucus supposed to be once ovulation has occurred? On Thursday after the pain it became thick and sticky. I wasn’t able to fit in another attempt due to my husbands work schedule I pray pray pray those 2 attempts will suffice. Do you think I have a good chance of having a boy based on your experience and what you’ve seen?
    Last edited by Sunflowers13913; December 24th, 2021 at 12:29 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heyyy I know everyone is different but 2 attempts you def have a chance, at least that’s how I got both boys (1st boy a day before and on pos opk, 2nd on pos opk and the day after!) sending you all my blue dusts and Merry Christmas!
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Onelittlewish - Hi! Thank you, wow that’s good to know. Everyone around me only does one attempt and it’s the day they see peak OPK and that’s what’s been making me so nervous. Did you go off of cervical mucus or just OPK?

And thank you!! Sending you my pink dust!! Merry Christmas!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only go by OPK, I can tell by CM that I am in the fertile window but I don't know how to use that to pinpoint ovulation. First time was the first time I used OPK and thought we'd try. We got a high, had an attempt and then the next morning got the peak and thought wow that's fast and did again. We were travelling so there were no BD after that. I wasn't temping so I had no clue exactly on what date did I conceive. Second time around, I had been tracking for a few months after I got my pp period at 9m, just to see if I was ovulating and how my cycle looks like. We had two attempts only in that cycle on the day of pos OPK (O-2) and the day after (O-1). ff says I ovulated the day after my second attempt as I had a temp dip that day and a temp spike the day after so I think the O date was pretty accurate. That's why I am so scared to do 2 attempts in a row but I don't know if I can conceive with 1 only...so we will see!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooo ok that’s good to know! I really hope my case is the same and I end up with a DS. This process is so hard and mentally draining. I know I’ll love the baby regardless but I just want to feel like I did my part completely and the rest is up to God. Is your attempt coming up? I have 2 girls and the first one I didn’t know about swaying and we were just DTD anytime of the month, with second DD I knew about swaying but we weren’t trying the month I conceived, according to the period app it had told me my ovulation date had passed so the week after DH didn’t use protection and I managed to get pregnant and I remember vividly that my cervical mucus was so thick so I didn’t think twice about the possibility of getting pregnant. I know from friends that they also got pregnant with their DD’s before ovulation occurred by a few days. I feel like when CM is thick that’s the best time to try for a girl. I also know a girl that has 2 boys and for her girl she had her husband release and then DTD 2 hours later days before ovulation and it worked. Wishing you the best of luck!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally feel you…sometimes I just feel that I will never have a girl and since this is also def our last child the pressure is suffocating from time to time. But you are right, we do our best and let God do the rest. I ovulated last Wed according to ff so I am currently 4dpo. Will be 10dpo on new year but I don’t know if I should test that early or just wait till af is late. This is my 4th cycle trying, we did 1 attempt, e4d then e4d+1 (so basically two attempts happened on pos opk and the fay after). I was super worried that it sways blue but I didn’t get pregnant. This month I am back to e4d and the two attempts fell on O-3 and O. My cm were pretty creamy on both attempts so I am actually more concerned about my chance to conceive (like the worst case scenario and without much fertile cm) so i guess if we do conceive this month the baby is meant to be! Do keep me updated and praying for a sticky bean for both of us
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 26th, 2021 at 09:53 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We’re literally in the same boat! FF says I ovulated last Thursday so I’m currently 3dpo. I’m currently contemplating testing next Friday as my next expected period is Jan 7. I feel like I most likely will just to get the guessing and feeling like I am out of the way. Your attempt sounds very good and creamy cm can definitely get you pregnant! I definitely will and you too! Praying!

11. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers13913 View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give a detailed reply. I really appreciate it! I’ve been freaking out since Tuesday wondering if I just did this all wrong as this would be my last child. I really wonder if the pain for me happened after O, how is the cervical mucus supposed to be once ovulation has occurred? On Thursday after the pain it became thick and sticky. I wasn’t able to fit in another attempt due to my husbands work schedule I pray pray pray those 2 attempts will suffice. Do you think I have a good chance of having a boy based on your experience and what you’ve seen?
    At SOME point after ovulation, yes, the CM becomes thicker and sticky. This actually takes longer than some people claim. Some of us are noticing EWCM for 1-2 days after O has occurred and then it's also very common to see a resurgence of EWCM 6-8 days after O.

But I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying about O Pains. What we THINK are O pains are caused by many different things, some of which happen after ovulation. So it wouldn't necessarily be related to when your EWCM dried up anyway. Your tubes could be cramping, your ovaries reabsorbing unused eggs, etc and this can cause pain that people think is O pain when it isn't.

I actually got most, possibly all my boys with two attempts. The three attempts is because we saw such blue-friendly results with three attempts among PINK swayers (when people had three attempts they still had 60% BOYS even with full on pink sways, so we started doing that for blue swayers too) But many blue swayers only get two attempts in and still get boys.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast