Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic please help with new girl sway after 2nd trimester loss of another baby girl

Hi atomic, I recently had to have a D&E, our #5 baby girls heart stopped at 13w4d for no know reason (NIPT and ultrasounds were perfect). Not sure if you remember me, so I’ll fill you in a little—This is the 2nd baby girl lost in the 2nd trimester, after a good genetic test. We have a healthy 2 year old daughter conceived 6 weeks after IVF egg retrieval (the only thing I did different with her was stay on levothyroxine before and through pregnancy and stopped after giving birth)
    my TSH is currently 4.15 an my OB felt that was fine to not have to take it again as I only took it because of IVF but stayed on through my only living daughters pregnancy).

My question is, I’d like to try again for another girl but am obviously so scared of another late loss I had the D&E Tuesday so am still bleeding and wonder when you’d suggest trying? Waiting months to add in LE or only doing the LE for 6 weeks or so + femara ?
    I have Femara that I never took, I also wanted to take Ubiquinol coq10 (how much do you recommend?) and folate for egg quality, and walking 1 hr once I start to feel better. Should I wait longer on diet or try after a cycle or 2 after D&E. I read late loss sways or is it better to wait for better chances of a girl. I’m going to go ahead and get at least 1 Covid vaccine in a few days when I feel better so not sure if that sways either but I don’t want the stress dealing with Covid unvaccinated if I conceive again.
    I’m 39, 5’3 almost 5’4, 120 lbs now (but 112 before Pregnancy), have 3 boys and 1 girl but have had 3 second trimester losses and 2 chemical pregnancies before getting pregnant this most recent time.
    I got pregnant with my living daughter after 3 losses so I praying 4th times a charm this time too after 3 losses
    I don’t mind buying another plan if you need me to go fully help me. Thank you so much 🤍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jenn1112; January 28th, 2022 at 11:04 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am SO terribly sorry to hear this. I think they need to consider being more proactive regarding the thyroid stuff in future because thyroid issues (even when the levels are pretty close to normal) have been one of our main causes of later losses like you're describing.

Because we don't want to just assume that was the cause, though, I do want you to let me know about anything you were doing, taking, etc, even things that seem totally benign that you thought were ok. What type of prenatal were you taking? Fish oil, baby aspirin, that sort of thing?? Even things like herb tea? And have you been tested for clotting disorders and irregularities with your uterus?

I think you should go ahead and try after 6 weeks if you have your doc's ok and the Femara will only help. I don't think you should wait the full 12 weeks on diet. by that point you will be so far past the loss that it won't help you.

200 mg coq10 is fine but I suspect this is not an egg quality issue. My gut is the thyroid situation and I urge you to go looking for a doc who will take that possibility seriously if your present doc won't treat you.

I do always appreciate purchases as it lets me continue doing this as my job instead of having to work outside the home. I help everyone for free but purchases do help me to do that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic please help with new girl sway after 2nd trimester loss of another baby girl

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I am SO terribly sorry to hear this. I think they need to consider being more proactive regarding the thyroid stuff in future because thyroid issues (even when the levels are pretty close to normal) have been one of our main causes of later losses like you're describing.

Because we don't want to just assume that was the cause, though, I do want you to let me know about anything you were doing, taking, etc, even things that seem totally benign that you thought were ok. What type of prenatal were you taking? Fish oil, baby aspirin, that sort of thing?? Even things like herb tea? And have you been tested for clotting disorders and irregularities with your uterus?

I think you should go ahead and try after 6 weeks if you have your doc's ok and the Femara will only help. I don't think you should wait the full 12 weeks on diet. by that point you will be so far past the loss that it won't help you.

200 mg coq10 is fine but I suspect this is not an egg quality issue. My gut is the thyroid situation and I urge you to go looking for a doc who will take that possibility seriously if your present doc won't treat you.

I do always appreciate purchases as it lets me continue doing this as my job instead of having to work outside the home. I help everyone for free but purchases do help me to do that.
    Thank you, we are devastated for sure🤍 I was never on thyroid meds with the boys but the ivf Dr put me on them and then I stayed on them after the ivf and got pregnant naturally with our 2 year old daughter 6 weeks after ivf so I just stayed on them and got off after delivery. My OB said mine is within limits at 4.12 and my t3 is fine too she said? Fertility Drs like the tsh between .5 -2.5 though so I wonder if mine at 4.12 could have done something? I thought about getting on it just to make myself feel better. My OB dr will prescribe it if I want it. I was just wondering if it seats boy or girl? Should I get on levothyroxine after conceiving if it sways boy?

We got pregnant kinda by accident with our most recent daughter. It was either a pull our failure or sperm that lasted 5-6 days..ultrasound said the pullout day was the conceived day though.
    I was kinda on an LEish, vegetarian diet then, skipping breakfast and trying to only eat 2x a day with bigger meals, drinking lots of coffee and taking metemucil fiber pills (5) with meals, magnesium oxide/citrate at night (500mg) (dr approved those magnesium pills for pregnancy too) could that have done something?

After I got pregnant I only took the prenatals the IVF dr prescribed, that I also took through my heathy 2 year old daughters pregnancy also (Theranatal complete), probiotics at night (Life 9 by young living, and garden of life once daily women’s probiotic), I also took 2 stool softeners ducosate sodium 100 mg. ( I have Ibs with constipation so those things help me go or I can’t when taking prenatals).
    I also drank Ningxia red (Young living) and elderberry juice made by a local girl who sells homemade elderberry.
    The dr didn’t know what caused this most recent loss, as I had a healthy daughter between my losses and 3 heathy boys. They did send my placenta off to pathology this time so it will test for infection or clotting but that’s it and it could take up to 6 weeks they said. I did drink a lot of coffee but my OB said that wouldn’t do it.

So you think I should try first cycle after this current bleed or wait 2? I got Covid in the hospital on Tuesday so I’ve been taking tons of vitamins and don’t want that to sway blue.
    After I’m better I’ll start walking 1hr, should I do the fiber pills again? , take 200 mg coq10, will you resend le diet you’d like me on, and I’ll take the femara and let me know about the thyroid to take before conception or after

Thank you so much for helping me. I just bought a Gender dreaming plan!

Last edited by jenn1112; January 29th, 2022 at 06:26 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would get your thyroid in optimal levels before proceeding. One of the biggest subsets of late first trimester/early second tri losses has been in people who needed thyroid medication and they went on to have a healthy pregnancy once they were on it.

Many people develop thyroid issues as they age so just because you've had healthy pregnancies without it doesn't mean that you don't need it now.

It does not sway, we have both boys and girls conceived on it (and anyone saying it does sway is wrong, please do not listen to anyone saying that.) It also may help to prevent chemicals and very early losses as well.

It is very unlikely to get pregnant from 5-6 days before ovulation and much likelier that it was the pull out. We do have some pullout oopsies even tho pull out is actually a fairly reliable birth control method.

That is far too high a dose of magnesium. I would not take any more than 250 or possibly even 200 max. Doctors are really lackadaisical about approving supplements and if they haven't seen something specifically proving a supplement actively causes harm they're just like "whatever". But that is much much more than I would ever recommend for anyone.

Those prenatals are also less than ideal. They have massive doses of several nutrients in them, plus more magnesium on top of what you were already taking. I do not ever recommend more than 100% of the recommended value of anything (except folic acid or folate, and Vitamin D) and you were taking into the thousands of percentages of some of those things. I can't say if those had a negative effect on anyone's pregnancy, and obviously some people do take them just fine, but I don't recommend them. and that much B6 will delay or even stop ovulation so I would not take them when trying to conceive that's for sure.

I would not have anything like elderberry juice more than 2x a week (and I mean like an 8-12 ounce serving.) Elderberry has many chemical effects (it affects the ability of your blood to clot, your blood sugar levels, and revs the immune system, which is not something you want when pregnant necessarily) and if you were drinking it in large amounts could have been potentially detrimental.

I agree coffee is really not the issue some would make it out to be and is not a big deal. I and everyone I know IRL drank scads of coffee with our pregnancies and did not have any issues. Fine to cut back though if you have concerns.

I would go ahead and try when you're ready as long as you've had one bleed to make sure anything left over has come out.

Thank YOU!! I will get to work on your adjusted plan ASAP!

6. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would get your thyroid in optimal levels before proceeding. One of the biggest subsets of late first trimester/early second tri losses has been in people who needed thyroid medication and they went on to have a healthy pregnancy once they were on it.

Many people develop thyroid issues as they age so just because you've had healthy pregnancies without it doesn't mean that you don't need it now.

It does not sway, we have both boys and girls conceived on it (and anyone saying it does sway is wrong, please do not listen to anyone saying that.) It also may help to prevent chemicals and very early losses as well.

It is very unlikely to get pregnant from 5-6 days before ovulation and much likelier that it was the pull out. We do have some pullout oopsies even tho pull out is actually a fairly reliable birth control method.

That is far too high a dose of magnesium. I would not take any more than 250 or possibly even 200 max. Doctors are really lackadaisical about approving supplements and if they haven't seen something specifically proving a supplement actively causes harm they're just like "whatever". But that is much much more than I would ever recommend for anyone.

Those prenatals are also less than ideal. They have massive doses of several nutrients in them, plus more magnesium on top of what you were already taking. I do not ever recommend more than 100% of the recommended value of anything (except folic acid or folate, and Vitamin D) and you were taking into the thousands of percentages of some of those things. I can't say if those had a negative effect on anyone's pregnancy, and obviously some people do take them just fine, but I don't recommend them. and that much B6 will delay or even stop ovulation so I would not take them when trying to conceive that's for sure.

I would not have anything like elderberry juice more than 2x a week (and I mean like an 8-12 ounce serving.) Elderberry has many chemical effects (it affects the ability of your blood to clot, your blood sugar levels, and revs the immune system, which is not something you want when pregnant necessarily) and if you were drinking it in large amounts could have been potentially detrimental.

I agree coffee is really not the issue some would make it out to be and is not a big deal. I and everyone I know IRL drank scads of coffee with our pregnancies and did not have any issues. Fine to cut back though if you have concerns.

I would go ahead and try when you're ready as long as you've had one bleed to make sure anything left over has come out.

Thank YOU!! I will get to work on your adjusted plan ASAP!
    Thank you! My thyroid levels are technically high but I’d just feel better taking levothyroxine since my 2 year old got here safely on them. My TSH was 4.10 mu/L(normal is 0.27-4.20) and my t4 1.13 ng/dl (normal is .86-1.76)
    I have left over Levothyroxine so I’m going to start taking again and text my OB and ask her to call me some more in.

I will drop elderberry (I’m heartbroken thinking I could have done something to hurt my baby ). Drop magnesium and just stick with stool softners.

*What about the Metamucil Fiber pills? Do I take 5 pills with both meals a day or just 1?

*And I remember I did take 1 antihistamine before our attempt with my heathy 2 year old daughter. Should I do that this time or I not need with Femara?
    *I’ll also take coq10 200 mg a day right?

Let me know if there is anything else i should add/drop.
    Thank you!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    None of that is your fault, the people who sell this stuff and the doctors who don't bother to do any research or paying attention to their patients' experiences are at fault. The only reason why I know about the potential for harm is because I talk to you guys over the course of time and see what happens to people so I'm just in the position to be an eyewitness to high doses of some nutrients causing harm.

You don't need to drop these things totally, just keep them in the safe and sane range.

Just ONE. That maximum dose is for people using fiber for health issues. And if it aggravates your constipation (fiber sometimes does) then just drop it. You don't need it.

We have given up on antihistamine as it didn't work. I woud not use it with Femara, but if you feel the need, first month only with both.

10. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

None of that is your fault, the people who sell this stuff and the doctors who don't bother to do any research or paying attention to their patients' experiences are at fault. The only reason why I know about the potential for harm is because I talk to you guys over the course of time and see what happens to people so I'm just in the position to be an eyewitness to high doses of some nutrients causing harm.

You don't need to drop these things totally, just keep them in the safe and sane range.

Just ONE. That maximum dose is for people using fiber for health issues. And if it aggravates your constipation (fiber sometimes does) then just drop it. You don't need it.

We have given up on antihistamine as it didn't work. I woud not use it with Femara, but if you feel the need, first month only with both.
    Not sure if you can answer this for me here or not (if not, can you private message?)
    I mentioned that they gave me Covid in the hospital after my D&E last week. It hadn’t been anything like Delta that I had in July but my biggest concern is that I still have a fever of 100-100.3 and I’m on day 7.
    My concern would be having a fever for 7+ days if I was pregnant. I wouldn’t want to take much Tylenol pregnant either because I read it can cause autism by lowering glutathione levels.
    I’m not vaccinated and really didn’t want to from concern of not being able to get pregnant or is causing something to go wrong with baby. Also, I’d never get vaccinated pregnant so I was thinking of doing it once I’m fever free and feeling better. Drs say it doesn’t cause fertility issues but no one truly knows since there are no long term studies so I don’t trust it.
    My question is, have you seen people unable to conceive or having problems getting pregnant after getting vaccinated? I’d want to try to get pregnant my first real cycle so is that even safe after the Vax? I know, you don’t know these answers 100% either but I’m curious if you’ve seen problems or losses after getting the Vax (before getting pregnant).

Thank you!

Last edited by jenn1112; February 1st, 2022 at 02:13 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenn, did you have a sway plan already?? I am not seeing it, I was going to go through and update it for you but if you don't have one I'll make one anew!

13. Likes jenn1112 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jenn, did you have a sway plan already?? I am not seeing it, I was going to go through and update it for you but if you don't have one I'll make one anew!
    Yes I did Back in 2018 I remember you emailed it to me though. I’ll private message you my email and maybe you can find it there? I may have it to so I can forward it back to you. Let me look

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn1112 View Post
    Yes I did Back in 2018 I remember you emailed it to me though. I’ll private message you my email and maybe you can find it there? I may have it to so I can forward it back to you. Let me look

Okay, I just emailed it back to you! It’s just the sway plan but not the LE diet, can I access the diet somewhere too? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast