Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you're not suffering from severe anemia or anything along those lines then yes you're right.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic! I promised once I had my blood clotting results back, I would update you. I have slightly raised Antithrombin III and have been advised to take Claxane from BFP (still BFN at 9dpo *sob*). My results are below. Do you know much about this? I can find lots on low levels but not so much on high.

Antithrombin III 131 ( 80-120 ) %
    Antithrombin III Antigen 135 ( 73-129 ) %

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That question is really above my pay grade, but I would strongly suggest seeking a second opinion. From what I am reading, HIGH antithrombin levels would indicate you're more prone to bleeding than a normal person, and taking Clexane would exacerbate that??? It is LOW antithrombin levels that would indicate injectable blood thinners.

I find this advice worrying without more explanation. It may be that it's one of those things where both high and low levels are bad (but that is not what I'm reading) and I would personally not proceed with this rather powerful medication without knowing more about why it was prescribed when it does not seem to be medically indicated.

Additionally, there are a couple medical reasons why a person might have high antithrombin III levels that should be thoroughly investigated, not just handwaved away with a prescription. I really really really think you need to go to a different doc (even if it's just a family physician) and ask them why you have been prescribed this medication.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic - i'm so sorry I didnt reply. I have only just seen this. Oh I TOTALLY agree with you. I couldn't find any information on high (ish) AIII so wont be taking anything without having another opinion. To me, it seems nuts that i'd take something to make my blood more thin if its already thin! I have a NHS consultant fertility appointment in June so I will be asking lots of questions then. Ive not been in the position to debate this as i've not had a BFP since my last in January

Today seems to be CD1 of my next cycle (hence why i'm back here again and seen your message ). I am at a loss as to what to do now. Its been 7 months since TTC with 3 chemicals thrown in there. I'm getting incredibly anxie about my age and wondering if thats the culprit. I'm getting CD3 bloods done this week and scheduling an appt with a gyno as i've started noticing i'm getting tender ovulation for a good few days which i'm not sure is normal. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't TTC I wouldn't notice it. The last 3 months was as follows:

Feb = BD CD10, CD12, CD15 (peak)
    Mar =BD CD14, CD15 (peak) and CD17
    April = BD10, CD12, CD14 (peak) - I did have 2 more OPK strip positives though.

I'm taking 1200mg folate, 200mg ubiqunol, 15mg zinc, 15mg iron and 10mg vit d every other day (only started the last 3 recently). I've cut down to 1 coffee and 1 decaf a day (I literally cant cut down more as I neeeeed the caffine). Is there anything thats standing out that needs changing? Ive also switched almond milk to full fat milk in my coffees.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, remember it's my job to get back to you, not the other way around!

100% agree and I'm at a loss to understand why that would have been recommended.

Can you explain what you mean when you say "tender ovulation"? You mean you're having more O-related pains?? That is actually normal to have for many days, even if you haven't had it in the past. I am absolutely plagued by O pains, have been ever since I was quite young, and sometimes I've had soreness from CD 3 straight through till even a few days after ovulation. Some of us are just more sensitive than others and though it's strange, sometimes you're more sensitive to pain than other times in your life. It's as if you start feeling things that were always there.

Are these dates the days you had sex? When did your period come in relation to the days you had peak? By "peak" do you mean the first positive OPK, or the darkest?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for understanding! I really do appreciate your help!

Tender as in I can feel the build up - feels like wind (its not one sided like I used to get at O) and pelvis feels sore to touch. Once O happens, it gradually goes away over a few days, I don't get these pains during my period or any other time of my cycle. I had a c-section with my little one so i'm wondering if it could be adhesions? Or maybe its normal?

By peak I mean static on CB fertility wotsits (not the big monitor). I do loosely use OPKs but once I've got CB peak, thats what I use mainly.Those are the days we are having sex in fertile period. CB monitor peak for Feb and March was CD16 and for April CD15 if that helps?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoops sorry - my mistake on dates.

CB monitor peak for Feb and March was CD15 and for April CD14. I have 30 days cycles so 14 days between O and my period.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No no, that sounds exactly like O-Pains to me. That is just what my O pains feel like, and I've never had a c-section. Adhesions are generally more painful during your period, not around O (which makes sense because of course the lining is sloughing off at that time)

ok great. Some of the apps have this terrible information on them where they claim that "peak" happens at the DARKEST OPK, but that simply isn't true and is not the way that anyone involved in NFP in the past (or reputable sources in the here and now) has ever used the term.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anything else you can recommend to help conceive? I have been having acupuncture the past 3 cycles and a bit worried that is why I’m not falling pregnant. I’ve noticed my hormones have been way more noticeable than usual.

I also have noticed that I seem to fall pregnant on the day before peak but not on peak day alone. Is this a thing?!

Also good to know about ovulation pains - I’m hoping it is just ovulation craziness as I never had it pre DD!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean your hormones have been way more noticeable?

We've noticed that with O pains, a LOT of us have them more strongly as we get older. So it feels like we have something going wrong, but it's just a natural change that many of us experience after a certain age (for me, I never had them till I was about 25 then they got absolutely terrible during my 30's and 40's, and have largely waned the last 2 years since I've been 50, even tho I still have a cycle. But everyone's pattern seems to be uniquely their own.

No, there's no reason why anyone would only get pregnant the day before peak and not the day of. Plus, the peak can vary wildly as to the time it comes prior to ovulation, so there'd not be any set way of knowing when your attempt and your peak came in relation to the egg being released. (your ovaries do not know what a line on a stick is doing!) It's probably just a coincidence. But if you're ready to be adding attempts, I'd absolutely then plan on having attempt the day before you expect OPK and then the day of.

I have actually just had a couple people who have been doing acupuncture and then mysteriously not conceiving (in one case for over a year). While I honestly do not think it does anything at all (the studies claiming that it did were sketchy, sponsored by the industry), if it ~were~ to have some effect, surely it could have a negative effect as well as a positive one, say if the individual practitioner was less expert or the technique they had been trained in has actually been mistaken all along, OR (and there's a lot of things in this category like herbs) where it's the type of thing that may help some people, for instance PCOSers, while actually hindering chances of conceiving for others. Since it's not needed and lifts right out, by all means I would certainly consider dropping it and seeing what happened.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast