Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long are you laying flat?

Have you guys been attempting to have shallow release?

Hubby doing anything like jogging or biking, wearing tight underwear, been doing a lot of driving around where he's sitting for long periods?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so I've reread this thread now, are you guys still doing FR or have you dropped it?

Any antihistamine, douching, jelly?

Herbal supplements, either on your own or given to you by the acupuncturist?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well for the last 3 months, i've noticed lots more symptoms (i.e. stronger O pains, breast tenderness, general PMS symptoms) and the only thing i've changed is acupuncture. Ive also noticed the O pains starting after having the acupuncture. Could be totally coincidental but usually (even when getting a bfp) I don't get much in terms of symptoms. I was taking aspirin for cycles in Feb and March and wowzers - my period was horrible. Stopped this month and totally normal again. So the only thing thats changed is acupuncture. What do you think? I have an appointment for next Weds but wondering if I should sack it off this cycle to see if there is a difference.

Thats very true about peak / day before peak. I will try for the day before and day of peak in that case. I also was given a ovusense (unused!!) yesterday. Do you have much insight into these? I'm fairly regular so not sure it will help tbh. I use clear blue and strips and they seem to be fairly consistent at pin pointing a surge and then I get my period 14 days later.

In answer to your question:

2 months we conceived was when that was at 1 attempt (I don't think DH had done his business in a while either so was likely old sperm). 1 month was every 3 days. No FR. Not taking any herbal sups from acupuncturist or elsewhere. Only taking 1200mg folate, 200mg ubiqunol, 15mg zinc, 15mg iron and 10ug vit d (reluctantly). Last cycle I used a finger tip of preseed just to get things going but not inside. Lying flat for 20-30mins. No to shallow release. DH wears loose boxers, doesn't run but does play football / tennis but he drives to work which is an hour each way.

Thank you for your help, Atomic. I really do appreciate it x
    Last edited by bunnykins; May 12th, 2022 at 08:20 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that's the thing with the aspirin - it really wreaks havoc with people's periods (interestingly, people can also see shockingly less flow, when their body "thinks" "oh gosh, something is horribly wrong, our blood is too thin, let's really ramp up production of blood clotting factors!) Both too thin blood and blood that is too thick can cause major problems throughout the body. We saw this all the time on Ingender when people were taking very high doses, this weird dichotomy with some people having massive, terrifying flows, and others having very scanty flows and the aspirin/cranberry was causing both of them.

Anyway, this is why it's so important to wean off them, because going from having your blood too thick or too thin, then suddenly stopping the thing that's causing it can make your body go into a complete state of confusion, and your blood might start clotting too easily.

Weirdly, aspirin actually can cause increased O symptoms because whenever your blood is thin, you can have more swelling and fluid released when you are ovulating. Bleeding is bleeding, and if you release an egg and bleed more than normal when that happens, absolutely that can cause pain. The swelling of your ovaries might be worse too. My inclination is for you to drop the acupuncture just because it's not doing anything and may even be hindering, but in terms of symptoms my gut is that it was still the aspirin, and it possibly took some time through April to work itself out. I will absolutely be interested to hear if the symptoms cleared up or lessened after you've stopped acupuncture, though - I by no means have it all figured out, and like we said before, if it's actually doing anything, then it may have bigger effects than just survace level.

Has your husband ever had a sperm analysis?

Be sure to spend part of the time you're laying down on your tummy. We've seen that make a difference for people.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its true, my periods were horrible! I defo wont be using aspirin again unless medically told its necessary. It didn't help anyway so no point in continuing it. OK I agree, I will contact her and cancel for next week and see what happens in terms of symptoms.

We haven't. no. We have an appointment in June so I reckon all that will be done then. He's not exactly jumping up and down to have it tested though! Just out of interest, is there any recommendations you have if it is actually a sperm issue in terms of vitamins etc to help?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I'd put him on Men's One a Day, total of 1000 IU Vit. D, 500 mg arginine, 1000 mg carnitine, and 100 mg coq10.

NOTE - the first time I replied, I accidentally wrote arginine twice. It's corrected now.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 13th, 2022 at 07:58 PM.

8. Thanks bunnykins thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, i'm going to grab those from the health shop today. I also got my day 3 bloods back, would you be able to advise? No worries if this outside of your paygrade but thought i'd run these past you rather than trying to make sense via google! I did these with one of those online blood test thingies.

TSH has come back at 2.83 mu/l which i'm surprised at, in Jan it was 1.5. So this needs looking into again with the GP.
    FSH = 8 iu/l
    LH = 8.5 iu/l (not sure if this is a problem as its not lower than FSH?)
    Estrogen = 132 pmol/l
    Prolactin = 844 mu/l which is a bit high but i'm breastfeeding still so assume its down to that?

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd absolutely have the thyroid doublechecked.

FSH - lower than 15, all good.
    LH - they're still in close range, with PCOS we'd see that much higher and I'd not worry about that unless you have cause to worry
    Estrogen - A bit low but that's from the high prolactin
    Prolactin - Yes, that's a bit high. Rather than just assuming it's breastfeeding, I think they should check for a pituitary tumor (please don't panic, it's a super common finding and is not fatal or harmful, and they can give you medicaiton that will lower that).

12. Thanks bunnykins thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234