Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DTD advice.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DTD advice.

Hey Atomic,

Just wanted to make sure we are doing our attempts properly. This morning I got my peak on the CB and positive opk strip too. So far we have BD’d
    Every 2 days since AF and we have done O-2, and O-1 (just last night) and now we will try the night of +opk and the should I aim for the following morning or night? I wasn’t sure if tomorrow night would be too far out. Also, when can can we start the every other day. We really need 3 attempts once we get a +opk right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes absolutely if you can get in an attempt morning, night, or both, that would be great. Generally speaking, the night after the first positive OPK will still be in the window of opportunity, but if it's possible to get in with a morning attempt even better. I would not get too wound up over that, though. Just have an attempt when it's possible, you're already in with really good attempts.

No, you don't have to have 3 attempts after positive OPK. You should have three in the fertile window. Many people are still hung up on Shettles, and THEY want to wait till pos OPK for the three attempts, but you don't need to do that - 3 in the fertile window is what we're after.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DTD advice.

Hey Atomic,

I think we’re done with our attempts, I feel like it’s going to be a bunch of failed attempts.
    We dtd around 12am midnight and around 5am I got a +opk, ( I’m really hoping the late night attempt has us covered for or at least close to +opk) all of our attempts were fairly late night.

last night DH was exhausted due to other reasons we never dtd. This morning we managed to do it, which is the morning after a +opk. Not sure if there was any point now. So far our attempts are O-4, O-2, O-1, morning after +opk.
    Continue to do every other day?

Last edited by afya1; May 7th, 2022 at 08:27 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

DTD advice.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes absolutely if you can get in an attempt morning, night, or both, that would be great. Generally speaking, the night after the first positive OPK will still be in the window of opportunity, but if it's possible to get in with a morning attempt even better. I would not get too wound up over that, though. Just have an attempt when it's possible, you're already in with really good attempts.

No, you don't have to have 3 attempts after positive OPK. You should have three in the fertile window. Many people are still hung up on Shettles, and THEY want to wait till pos OPK for the three attempts, but you don't need to do that - 3 in the fertile window is what we're after.
    What days are considered to be within the fertile window would mean the days leading upto +opk?

Last edited by afya1; May 7th, 2022 at 08:31 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have an attempt tonight and again tomorrow, and THEN go to every other day. That way if ovulation is a bit later than you expect, you're still covered.

ABSOLUTELY there was a point to doing the morning after the OPK. Have another one tonight. It takes an average of 36 hours after first positive to O, so you were still well in that window.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afya1 View Post
    What days are considered to be within the fertile window would mean the days leading upto +opk?

O-4 is a bit iffy but you never know, since you may O early it can be a good day to attempt
    O-3 (lower chances than O-2 and O-1, but still a good day since you may O early and it is in the fertile window)
    O-2 (best chances, some people will get pos OPK this day)
    O-1 (best chances, most people will get pos OPK this day)
    O Day (lower chances than O-1 and 2, better than O-3 tho great day to have attempt, particularly early in that day. This is 1-2 days after the first positive OPK usually)
    O+1 (technically not in fertile window, but SO MANY people ovulate later than they think, it's a great way to stay covered)
    O+2 (if there's any doubt you've ovulated, go for this one too)

then we have you go to every other day for a few rounds just in case of delayed O.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. DH has to go out later evening I don’t think we can make it for tonight . So all these attempts you mentioned are good for swaying, or for those Ttc in general?
    Ideally I want to increase my chances of conceiving..

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I wasn't saying you had to have attempts all those days. You asked me what days were in the fertile window and that's the question I was answering.

Everything that boosts fertility sways blue, so it is both good for conception and for fertility to have lots of sex on the days of the fertile window. The most important days to have attempts are O-1 and O-2 (which it sounds to me like you did) O-3 and O Day may help a little bit, but O-1 and 2 are the heavy hitters. O-4 and O+1 are more of a "just in case" since sometimes people ovulate sooner or later than they expect.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohh Atomic, I’m sorry I might have confused you, No ofc, I know you were answering my question. My apologies if I confused you.. I was a little worried on the BD-ing attempts we made. But I guess I’ll have to wait. Thank you much for the extra info you gave, for our next months attempt I’ll try my best for us to have more attempts in the fertile window.
    Really appreciate your help and honesty

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, no worries. It's just that I thought you might be getting confused since I was answering hypothetical questions, that you might have thought I intended to apply to your case.

I do think you have every chance at conceiving this month! It's just that I simply can't tell anyone when they Oed or if attempts were too soon or too late - when the egg drops is beyond my ability to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast