Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Keep in mind though that you may have done nothing wrong at all, it's entirely possible you had the best sway it was possible to have, and then just from luck fell into the opposites camp. Or it may have been things that happened all the way back in your teenage years were playing some part and it's just taken a bit longer for you to overcome them than it is the average person. I don't want you to look too hard for what you did "wrong" and look to change things that for all we know may have been helping!
    Don't worry - am fully aware of that and like I may have said previously - not trying to look at the nitty gritty details that may or may not have made any difference.
    It's more of an overall direction that I think I may have had in the past that I feel made me lose the benefit of HE/sway to an extent as I tried prepping so far in advance that some things fell on the wayside, no doubt. The outcome may well have been the same, either way - but without wanting to reinvent the wheel, I guess I need to feel good without obsessing, just get into good habits and then go hard in a lead-up close to actual TTC, not like 6-9-12 months ahead or I will lose steam iykwim?
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It totally makes sense! I just have to give my standard warning about that!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It totally makes sense! I just have to give my standard warning about that!!
    As always, appreciate it

I think not being TTC now is just doing my head in (kinda just want to get to it - this waiting is tough) - but conversely I am not in the "space" to so either (my youngest is such a difficult sleeper that I cannot fathom the idea of another baby, really, right now). Just ordered a night weaning book off Amazon that has had great reviews = wish me luck with my stubborn babe LOL yesterday, at not 20 m.o started saying "NO WAAAAY" when she disagrees in her cute little voice _ got a feeling that's the response I'll get with this book
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's absolutely precious (spoken as the person who doesn't have to deal with it! )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She was actually really cute ! The book talks about how Mummy, Daddy, baby and milkies go to sleep when it’s dark...so she went around the house saying night night to all and everything and crashed in her own bed next to me but without boob..win!
    She only stayed there a few hours before joining us but even her middle of the night wake I told her it’s still dark, we all are sleeping..boom, laid down and slept.. the sun gets up at like 4.30am now so she was adamant for boob then onwards but proud of her

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's awesome!!! Love it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not expecting it to be easy but it’s definitely encouraging- and so darn cute haha
    Good thing is it gave me and DH a but of alone time - just post O atm and trying to test how much stamina I can expect from him for when we do ttc LOL

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha ha yes that's always a good thing to "test out" isn't it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic (and others),

I’m trying to put together menus/items to prep to make it easier for me to ensure I hit my targets of protein (and fat) especially.
    An easy way to boost a recipe would be nuts – including PB: is it worth even looking at PB powder as it has less fat?
    Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butter, 454g : Amazon.com.au: Pantry Food & Drinks
    Obviously, not wanting to get all my protein/fat from nuts (just to be clear)- but it ups the nutritional profile of anything I suppose ^^

It’s a tough balance to strike as my eldest daughter has weight issues (she is borderline obese ) and I don’t want to go overboard with HE for her sake (yes, I can keep some items for me but overall, it is easier if what I make caters to the whole family as much as possible and she unfortunately also seeks out all and any food she can find so hiding/keeping separate can backfire).
    The PB powder was a good option for her to enjoy a PB dip (when powder is mixed with some water) with her fruit for instance but I don’t want to single out things “for her” so she is self-conscious IYKWIM?
    HE is a healthy lifestyle for us to have as a family anyways IF I can manage to keep carbs in control – but admittedly, like most kids, my kids will need a fair bit to keep full and that’s what they go for too (they’d have cheesy pasta every night tbh LOL) ..ideas???
    I can’t serve them a huge steak each every night ( I tend to prep meals in advance because work so means they are one pot deals often) – so lots of the meals kinda need to be smaller portion meat (mince beef, diced chicken etc) and I worry that’s where I am failing HE…can’t get the big quantities of protein I’d like via actual meat (and especially red meat).
    If we go out I do order steak or brisket beef / beef burger etc (as opposed to my previous chicken, fish or veg options) but that obviously is only once in a while.

Also – DH said the other day he’d like to start running and I am here going “NOOOOOO,don’t!!!” … I don’t want his balls bouncing for an hour at a time like that (he’d not go every day but still). I’m not sure how to encourage weight type of activity instead of the running TBH other than his new boss is similar aged and really buff (ex- police, who goes to gym every morning lol)…how the F*ck to tell him I’d like buff over long and lean without sounding creepy about his boss?? LOL

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes peanut butter powder is fine as long as you're using it as a part of an overall healthy diet and getting more of your fat and protein from animal sources.

I understand completely re having to have certain food criteria just based on your family's needs. Totally fine to adjust that as you need - keep in mind that more fruit and veg is a part of HE too and you really don't HAVE to buy much in the way of carbs, which can be an improvement overall. Dairy, lean meat, fruit and veg, hard boiled eggs, nuts - those are all super healthy options on HE Diet. I would err on the side of not having the fruit juice and focusing on tomato juice instead, it's so much lower cal. Same with dry fruit and banana - you don't need them and they're basically "nature's candy".

Keep in mind too that it's ok not to ever get up to the sky high levels some do on HE Diet. All you need to do is have more protein than you normally do. If you normally eat 60 g, even just getting up to 70 is fine. You do not need to get up to 120! That is not a failure at all. When I got my boys, I had many days where I would eat primarily vegetarian. With my last two boys, I would have my nuts or cheese + orange breakfast (with tea), a midmorning snack at work (usually green tea and a granola or chocolate bar) then lunch was often fully vegetarian - cheese sandwich, baked potato, bagel, egg taco, bean and cheese burrito, avocado and salsa with a few chips. Then for dinner, only then would I have meat, and probably 2-4 times a week we'd do something vegetarian like burritos or baked beans + mac and cheese, or fried potato and eggs, fried rice, grilled cheese, that sort of thing. Then my bedtime snack was cereal with full fat milk or yogurt with berries. With my first two, we were broke and eating even MORE vegetarian (and with my oldest boy I would skip meals and often only ate one meat sandwich a day - without any other meals because I was working at a roast beef restaurant then) So I'd skip breakfast, eat at work, and often skip dinner or just have cereal. The 90-120 g protein is a goal but you don't have to hit it, as long as you're eating MORE than you were.

I would let drop that men lose muscle as they age and jogging may actually make that worse. And jogging is really really prone to causing injuries - I actually discourage my pink swayers from jogging if they don't do it already because they so often end up injured.
    The truth is too, jogging is pretty unpleasant so even if he starts doing it, he may very well not stick with it - so it may be one of those "wait and see" type of things!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast