Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That's great!! I love encouraging dreams. I had a dream I remember vividly from that time - I dreamed my husband and the two oldest were renovating the house and there was all this lumber and power tools everywhere (my husband is always renovating something and well, er, spending every dime we have on it) and my third son and a fourth boy I hadn't even HAD at that time were toddling around in the midst of it all. Then, off in the corner, back behind all the wood and tools and craziness, I could see her! My brain was like "Kristin you must push through all this and you WILL get to her in the end!" Typically I'm not a person for prophetic dreams at all but it was just so vivid and it really did come down to me having to ignore all the chaos and going for it!

I'm so excited for you!!!
    Oh that just gave me the goosebumps!!! Like you, am truly a no "non-sense/voodoo magic" / "only believe what I see" kinda person - but that is just WILD!
    I dreamt we were having a dinner with kids and fam, and I got the results email - and had a brief look (I would never read emails while at the table normally but guess I was eager to see if results were in haha): seeing the disbelief on my face, DH just winked/smiled at me.
    It felt like he validated it too, which seems super goofy but it felt like I was at peace because this wave of " hang on tight, it WILL happen, just you wait and see"
    So silly really as it is just a dream but have felt super pumped since then haha

Also feel like am making progress with my eldest DD - having an ADHD assessment done in a couple of weeks - and feel like if we can be more at peace with all that's going with her, we will be - as a family too - more of in a better place to welcome a new baby / boy.
    Last edited by LMSM; November 23rd, 2022 at 05:22 PM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes NACIREMADREAM liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In context it's even weirder because I've put so much on hold and even set it aside totally while my husband renovates things, built our house, etc etc that it really did have a deep personal meaning.

I hope you get the help you're looking for with your DD - and that some maturity will really help in a few months too! Some of my kids' temperaments just would improve like flipping a switch sometimes, just when they got old enough!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In context it's even weirder because I've put so much on hold and even set it aside totally while my husband renovates things, built our house, etc etc that it really did have a deep personal meaning.

I hope you get the help you're looking for with your DD - and that some maturity will really help in a few months too! Some of my kids' temperaments just would improve like flipping a switch sometimes, just when they got old enough!
    The fact that DD is somewhat willing to do the assessments is encouraging (poor kid has had it tough at school with lots of bullying so I just want to tease out what is the consequence of dealing with crap at school and what could be do a diagnosis to best help her).
    Yesterday they all were so good, it felt SO SO good! and DD4 had had 3 nights this week where she slept most of the might in her room/bed so am seeing that it is possible to get back to a routine where we all feel more refreshed but also have more peace in the home (chaotic, but more at peace haha)
    Like you say, sometimes they grow and mature at what seems the flip of a switch, without anything being done differently otherwise...boom!Today they probably will make it hell for me just to prove me wrong but for now, enjoying the loving, peaceful time ^^
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! That is what our experience has been too - everything is in stasis, then everything changes overnight! It's so weird! Always just when I feel like I'm good at managing it!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know,right!?

As we are in the lead-up to the festive season - trying to make the best choices for my upcoming sway:

- FATS
    : I read a study on mice and their offspring - where some mice were fed high carb diets (had overwhelming majority of girls) vs mice fed only lard (majority of boys). These mice all had the same background prior to changing diets prior to conceiving (change was just only before getting pregnant).
    So it got me thinking - should I add lard to the mix? I know you mention it as a good source - I use EVOO (for salads, 3-4 times a week at least) and for some cooking though am trying to move to mainly coconut oil or butter. I do use coconut oil or butter for any baking though. If so, will probably not add it now but when I do my blitz leading up TTC say in May next year (with TTC being July/August)?

- DRINKS: will go for whole fruit juices over any soda - and saw lots of boy mums/ blue swayers that were successful drank red wine. I prefer cider so it's not my natural preference (& for wine, prefer white or rose)...
    can I avoid the alcohol and get alcohol free red wines to still be "festive"??
    When I am actively TTC, is there a preference? We do not drink much at all usually - but know that over Xmas we will and also when we are visiting fam and friends o/s in July/August next year there WILL be alcohol at every lunch/dinner haha I don't want people suspicious of me being pregnant and getting their pesky comments (5? FIVE??? kids!!) when I am not even pregnant yet :P
    I assume there is something in red wine that is beneficial - but is that benefit lost when alcohol is removed?

- GRAINS/SEEDS: I am using a 1/2 teaspoon of chia seeds maybe once or twice a week in my overnight oats. I know you say they may sway blue but to be safe limit them. Is that amount ok?
    Also like quinoa as a grain over rice etc - is once a week ok?

Thanks for listening to my seemingly never-ending supply of questions and soul searching haha
    Last edited by LMSM; November 28th, 2022 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Adding details

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lard is certainly ok, but please feel free to eat ANY saturated/healthy fat - butter, coconut oil, and even EVOO are ok, it's really the canola, soy oil, corn oil, margarine, shortening type of stuff it's best to watch out for.

Cider is fine too! alcohol free red wines are great as well. We believe it's the reservatrol, which is present in all sorts of grapey drinks, and the alcohol is not necessary. To be honest I am a big soda drinker, always have been, so I can promise that drinking soda pop now and then won't be a dealbreaker either. I think you should just roll with it, if you need to have a drink to keep everyone off your case, on occasion it's not a big deal.

(hint - I had to give up alcohol due to migraines. It never did when I was younger, but at some point I could not even have a single drink without ending up with a pounding headache. It's a great excuse and people don't even think of it when you use it.)

Yep twice a week on the chia seeds and quinoa is a great amount! Not enough to have medicinal effects, but often enough to get the nutritious benefits from them.

It's my pleasure! Thanks for your patience!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lard is certainly ok, but please feel free to eat ANY saturated/healthy fat - butter, coconut oil, and even EVOO are ok, it's really the canola, soy oil, corn oil, margarine, shortening type of stuff it's best to watch out for.

Cider is fine too! alcohol free red wines are great as well. We believe it's the reservatrol, which is present in all sorts of grapey drinks, and the alcohol is not necessary. To be honest I am a big soda drinker, always have been, so I can promise that drinking soda pop now and then won't be a dealbreaker either. I think you should just roll with it, if you need to have a drink to keep everyone off your case, on occasion it's not a big deal.

(hint - I had to give up alcohol due to migraines. It never did when I was younger, but at some point I could not even have a single drink without ending up with a pounding headache. It's a great excuse and people don't even think of it when you use it.)

Yep twice a week on the chia seeds and quinoa is a great amount! Not enough to have medicinal effects, but often enough to get the nutritious benefits from them.

It's my pleasure! Thanks for your patience!
    Awesome, thanks!

Yes - I'm only using EVOO, butter or coconut oil at this stage so should be ok - will add some lard closer to the actual TTC to mix it up ^^ I'm definitely staying clear of the others, and avoid processed foods as whole unless I can find a healthy/clean option

Great for the drinks - won't stop having a cider here and there, and will give the alcohol- free wine a go over Xmas - if I like it will try when we are on holidays in July to avoid having TOO much alcohol then (people mean well but I know we will be having SO much food and people will want to indulge us with a wine/drink)..
    I love me a lemonade, and ever since DD3, has been my go-to drink - I swear when pregnant that was all I could muster as it gave me a bit of calories, the cold bubbles & lemony flavour made my nausea more bearable..DD4 is like 95% lemonade haha
    I'll allow myself some here and there but will try to favour more nutrient dense options whether they are sparkling water with a bit of citrus or a proper fruit juice ^^

Thanks re the quinoa & chia seeds - I wasn't sure if that amount was problematic one way or another so can stop worrying about it then ^^

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds FABULOUS!!!! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season with lots of indulgences!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks - you too!!!
    I just feel 2023 will bring me my boy so feeling positive ^^

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is GREAT!! Stay positive and keep your eyes on the prize!! Sending you more blue dust than you know what to do with!

15. Thanks LMSM thanked for this post
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast