Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, they're usually sold for heart health. They'll have some other stuff in them but as long as it's not maca (which I don't like for swayers) they're ok. Here is one so you can see what to look for: https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Support...c%2C227&sr=1-4

Liquid can work too.

Coq10 is fine for hubby, it's just more that it's expensive so if you aren't planning to TTC for sure for a while, it might be something to hold off on.

I agree with your assessment on the Omega 3, maybe even just once a week would be enough since you're still nursing. Err on the side of a lower dose.

When you're swaying blue it's all good to be a control freak, LOL! Good luck and blue dust headed your way!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, they're usually sold for heart health. They'll have some other stuff in them but as long as it's not maca (which I don't like for swayers) they're ok. Here is one so you can see what to look for: https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Support...c%2C227&sr=1-4

Liquid can work too.

Coq10 is fine for hubby, it's just more that it's expensive so if you aren't planning to TTC for sure for a while, it might be something to hold off on.

I agree with your assessment on the Omega 3, maybe even just once a week would be enough since you're still nursing. Err on the side of a lower dose.

When you're swaying blue it's all good to be a control freak, LOL! Good luck and blue dust headed your way!!
    Thanks for that link - it's good insofar it's a single tablet and they have both carnitine and arginine (and CQ10) - I didn't think Inositol and Taurine (I only have seen taurine in Energy drinks so in my mind it's the epitome of unhealthy stuff haha) would be ok though?
    It makes me nervous giving him those two - will see if I can find a simpler version without those two maybe... gah, the things to worry about lol I'm sure given the array of supps out there, there is bound to be one that is perfect or near perfect. I guess my mission is now to track it down :P
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The inositol is only pink friendly in large amounts (when used by DW) and the taurine is good, just not good enough to justify giving it to people. Taurine is just an amino acid.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The inositol is only pink friendly in large amounts (when used by DW) and the taurine is good, just not good enough to justify giving it to people. Taurine is just an amino acid.
    Ok phew I had one nibble of this chocolate and it had inositol in it and I’ve been mega panicking over it ever since!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The doses on the inositol for pink are between 500 (and not that many people use such a small dose) to 2000 mg daily. Smaller amounts don't do anything to your hormone levels.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! I was worried I’d never find *anything* after some obsessive internet searching so this definitely looks like a great option if I can manage to get my hands on some here/ have some shipped from o/s.
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic (and others),

I’m trying to put together menus/items to prep to make it easier for me to ensure I hit my targets of protein (and fat) especially.
    An easy way to boost a recipe would be nuts – including PB: is it worth even looking at PB powder (it has less fat that PB)?
    http://Tru-Nut Powdered Peanut Butte... Food & Drinks
    Obviously, not wanting to get all my protein/fat from nuts (just to be clear)- but it ups the nutritional profile of anything I suppose ^^

It’s a tough balance to strike as my eldest daughter has weight issues (she is borderline obese ) and I don’t want to go overboard with HE for her sake (yes, I can keep some items for me but overall, it is easier if what I make caters to the whole family as much as possible and she unfortunately also seeks out all and any food she can find so hiding/keeping separate can backfire).
    The PB powder was a good option for her to enjoy a PB dip (when powder is mixed with some water) with her fruit for instance but I don’t want to single out things “for her” so she is self-conscious IYKWIM?
    HE is a healthy lifestyle for us to have as a family anyways – but IF I can manage to keep carbs in control – but admittedly, like most kids, my kids will need a fair bit to keep full and that’s what they go for too (they’d have cheesy pasta every night tbh LOL) ..ideas???
    They will not quite as happy to eat beans/legumes over rice/pasta so it's a bit hard to get most of our carbs from veg/legumes though I think we'd be better off for it health wise...
    I can’t serve them a huge steak each every night – so lots of the meals kinda need to be smaller portion meat (mince beef, diced chicken etc) and I worry that’s where I am failing HE…can’t get the big quantities of protein I’d like via actual meat (and especially red meat).
    If we go out I do order steak or brisket beef / beef burger etc (as opposed to my previous chicken, fish or veg options) but that obviously is only once in a while.

Also, making my own date syrup (to keep BS stable rather than getting a spike with raw sugar I currently use to sweeten my tea etc) so will use the leftover dates (hence less sweet obvi) to bulk some of the sweet brekkie/snack options – hope that’s ok.

I’m gradually building up my exercise to 3 times per week (HIIT with body weight and weights – about 20-30 min depending on how much time I can spare) with the aim of getting to 4-5 in the next few months…other days I do Just Dance videos from Youtube with my kids where we goof around or go for walks on weekends with them.

Also – DH is off work for 8 weeks in between jobs so he’s doing a lot of things around the house/caring for himself (which is great! Plus more BD for us haha) – and he said the other day he’d like to start running and I am here going “NOOOOOO,don’t!!!” … I don’t want his balls bouncing for an hour at a time like that (he’d not go every day but still). I’m not sure how to encourage weight type of activity instead of the running TBH other than his new boss is similar aged and really buff (ex- police, who goes to gym every morning lol)…how the F*ck to tell him I’d like buff over long and lean without sounding creepy about his boss?? LOL

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    Ok phew I had one nibble of this chocolate and it had inositol in it and I’ve been mega panicking over it ever since!!

You sound like me LOL rationally one nibble isn't going to make a difference but I'd be fretting anyways haha
    It's hard being rational when it comes to your own need to control everythiiiing :LOL:

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah right! Good for blue sways apparently! The worst is what my husband does I just want to cryofreeze him so he can’t injure himself.

How are you doing w diet and weights? I’m starting to add an afternoon snack to things so I’m not pink friendly. Have you cycled yet?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    Yeah right! Good for blue sways apparently! The worst is what my husband does I just want to cryofreeze him so he can’t injure himself.

How are you doing w diet and weights? I’m starting to add an afternoon snack to things so I’m not pink friendly. Have you cycled yet?

If only taking the family jewels into a safe place was an option, eh???

Diet wise, still improvements to be made - likewise with weights... I am just extremely run down, it's winter here and my baby is a shite sleeper (she was soooooo good until hitting that 1st tooth coming).
    No cycle as yet - though did have lots of EWCM the other day, so suspect my body is at least *trying* to O?? (that being said TTC is not on the cards now - and may never be)... how about you?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast