Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The guarantee is a siren song, but you have to keep in mind that it's only a guarantee if it WORKS, and many people never get to that point. Since they have sad stories and a lot of pain, they generally will disappear from these sites and you never hear their backstories, but many people get no eggs, many more get nothing to transfer, many others transfer but lose babies, and every go round is a huge expense even if we don't come out of it with a baby. So take the "guarantee" with a grain of salt, because there is a lot of space between an IVF cycle and a guarantee!
    Oh I’ve certainly seen the heartbreak of many on IVF/GS cycles.. it is very much a case of many « ifs » lining up to get to the DG embryo (s) then if the thaw goes ok you may have a chance of your DG that way. I know, trust me.. I just know that IF we made it that far, and implanted our XY embryo, it’d finally be a boy rather than the « yet another girl » we seem to make naturally.. iykwim? I’d have control over which gender embryo we get into my uterus. Then it’s nature deciding if it sticks but if if sticks, bingo!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High testosterone in men has never been proven to sway, and even in women it's based on fairly sketchy data. We do seem to see a lot of balding celebrity men with girls (hello, Bruce Willis!) but think of it this way...if this was insurmountable, your husband and those men in his family literally wouldn't exist because how would their genes have been passed down?? If it was all girls, all the time, then...there wouldn't be bald men at all to begin with, since all bald men would have exclusively daughters and apparently those "bald headed men" genes would be inextricably linked to making girls.

Plus, we have a lot of couples who are swaying PINK and have their husbands go onto the baldness medication to get girls (and succeeding with that!) so I honestly don't think it can boil down to testosterone alone.
    I’ll try not to fret over that but I do see ( probably because I want to find patterns?! Lol) lots of celebs with girls / only girls with the male being bald / very muscular or both .. DH is not very muscular at all but bald he is soooo lol
    My brain is just desperate to make sense of why TF do we only seem to make girls !? :P
    Last edited by LMSM; July 30th, 2022 at 04:47 AM.
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Oh I’ve certainly seen the heartbreak of many on IVF/GS cycles.. it is very much a case of many « ifs » lining up to get to the DG embryo (s) then if the thaw goes ok you may have a chance of your DG that way. I know, trust me.. I just know that IF we made it that far, and implanted our XY embryo, it’d finally be a boy rather than the « yet another girl » we seem to make naturally.. iykwim? I’d have control over which gender embryo we get into my uterus. Then it’s nature deciding if it sticks but if if sticks, bingo!
    I do totally understand, I just have to share that side of it since not everyone is hip to it! I hear from so many people who truly have no idea that IVF isn't a sure thing that I always have to share the flip side.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    I’ll try not to fret over that but I do see ( probably because I want to find patterns?! Lol) lots of celebs with girls / only girls with the male being bald / very muscular or both .. DH is not very muscular at all but bald he is soooo lol
    My brain is just desperate to make sense of why TF do we only seem to make girls !? :P
    Just think of Prince William! And Patrick Stewart has a son as well! Stanley Tucci has two boys just like William has!

I SO wish I had the ability to just look it up in my files and tell people "oh yes see here's why you've had boys and girls" but as of yet I don't have that knowledge! Maybe someday. FXFXFX.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just think of Prince William! And Patrick Stewart has a son as well! Stanley Tucci has two boys just like William has!

I SO wish I had the ability to just look it up in my files and tell people "oh yes see here's why you've had boys and girls" but as of yet I don't have that knowledge! Maybe someday. FXFXFX.
    Wouldn't that just be AWESOME!?? it'll be way after my fertility boat has sailed, no doubt - but it'd be fascinating to understand the true mechanics and triggers
    I'll be really interested in seeing how my daughters' family compositions end up being one day - I just hope so bad that none of them suffer from endometriosis and that they don't have any fertility issues because it SUCKS

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also (sorry, this brain never stops!!)
    Carnitine (and possibly arginine) are on the top priority list for DH - *but* should I consider arginine at all for *me*?

Tea wise - I will finish my Nettle as it is to help up my iron levels but have a huge bag of red raspberry leaf tea.
    I was thinking as we get into warmer months soon, to make that as an iced tea to alternate with my black tea (hot or cold). In old posts (like 2012!) you said it was good for blue, but just double checking.
    If no good, will stick to black tea in various forms (green tea I don't fancy unless it's very lightly brewed and with heaps of sugar so probs no the best).
    Last edited by LMSM; August 4th, 2022 at 07:04 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No arginine for you. We saw tons of cycle disruptions when women took it the first couple years of this site, and then most of the people who took it had girls anyway. I dropped it after that and haven't used it again, but I do still have people coming to me for help who have stopped ovulating and are taking arginine! One of the worst supps for messing up cycles!!!

Yes we believe RRLT is good for blue but there's very little data. I feel more confident about the black tea. If you do go with RRLT, be sure to discontinue it at BFP as it can make some CRAZY cramping in the first trimester, even right away.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No arginine for you. We saw tons of cycle disruptions when women took it the first couple years of this site, and then most of the people who took it had girls anyway. I dropped it after that and haven't used it again, but I do still have people coming to me for help who have stopped ovulating and are taking arginine! One of the worst supps for messing up cycles!!!

Yes we believe RRLT is good for blue but there's very little data. I feel more confident about the black tea. If you do go with RRLT, be sure to discontinue it at BFP as it can make some CRAZY cramping in the first trimester, even right away.
    Thanks! Cool, I thought that was the case with arginine for me, so definitely NOT on my list....

I have an extremely irritable uterus so basically it feels like I am in early labour with painful contractions around the clock...from pretty much conception so yes, would not risk it haha the bonus is that I labour quickly and efficiently once it's go time but not game to make those contractions worse, for sure!
    I will aim for black tea more than anything but may add in some RRLT here and there ..my eldest even commented to me the other day "but, Mummy, why don't you drink coffee anymore???" (she likes to prepare it for me as she finds using the milk frother fun...but I just honestly don't feel like it tbh!)

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds great!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here again with my one zillion questions....
    *SLEEP* (or lack thereof)
    Now, I co-sleep with miss 17m as that is the best way for me to get ANY sort of shut-eye and she nurses heaps (especially atm because she has a cold and she can only drink for 2 seconds before she is gasping for air because snotty and stuffy poor bub)...
    I am at the point where I am getting aversions at night because I am SO bloody exhausted and do not have the opportunity to nap ever, so can't catch up on sleep ever.
    I am very much ready to at least night wean her and even better have her transition to her room/bed again - I know this will be a long process as I want to be as gentle as possible and not rush her (or me, she is deliciously snuggly when she doesn't wriggle 1000000000 times around the bed lol)... the chronic lack of sleep is making me overall soooo much less patient and kind with everyone that it's too much of a toll on my kids (and my mental health is shite when I am this tired).
    Obviously, better quality and more sleep would be ideal especially leading up to possibly TTC (just stamina wise even) - like, how long should I allow my body to recover from this sleeplessness to get to a point where it's in the blue zone?
    I know this is probably very subjective (like, how do I actually feel?) but I worry that I will want to jump to TTC too soon once I feel more rested and don't want to screw things up...

14. Likes evaluna liked this post
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast