Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!

Juice and processed stuff is a treat here anyways, not an every day thing anyhow - so we don't get stuff like juice more than say once a month at most (and between 6 of us, a bottle = 1 breakfast haha)
    I guess it's just trying to up the veg (and meat) rather than having the carbs being the "fillers" - but my kids can be tricky to feed veg to (they love salad, but will frown at broccoli & co).
    I guess I will continue what we've done so far, just restrict my own carbs and replace more of them with leafy greens to fill me up as I want to ensure I get better balance of nutrients and less "empty" foods (I love my carbs and have for as long as I can remember used them to be my main source of calories/fill me up) that way DD1 isn't singled out, we all eat the same, just different proportions of the same things?!
    When I can't get protein via meat - I now mix veg/salad with a good portion of haloumi or fresh buffala mozzarella (each serve is a good 20-25g of protein and has fat too - which is obviously animal source) so that I can still get carb/protein (animal source ideally)
    Like you mentioned, the main meal is the one where we are all together at home as a family so dinner is where I usually get a portion of meat (and 50% of times, in leftovers for lunch the next day ^^) - will try to not overthink it but my brain is always going when I prep food or eat it "is that enough protein? did you get animal fat? that's just pure carbs, where's your protein?? your veg??" LOL yesterday at the office, I was starving mid-afternoon, only had a banana (lovingly packed by hubby) so was racking my brain as to what protein I could add...ding ding, had some almonds left so got 5-6 almonds with it and it did the trick. Nuts really are the magic thing to add to anything haha

Re hubby - like you say, running is not pleasant per se - and I doubt he would keep it up - and TBH he hasn't taken it up since mentioning it - so will maybe have to find a nice but sneaky way of indeed dropping a line around the aging/sagging/muscle loss and wanting to help his body hold up so to speak haha he is 44 so no spring chicken! :P
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All of that sounds fantastic to me!! Keep up the good work!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes LMSM liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just looking at healthier sweetener options - in my supermarket can get molasses:
    - Sugar cane based
    - Date based
    or
    _ Pomegranate based

Assume all are ok but the pomegranate one would be best from a nutrient stand-point? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I already use date or coconut syrup when I can instead of honey or sugar but wanting to switch it up if possible ^^

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the slight differences between the three are really just basically your preference. They're really three different things with different applications, all have slightly different nutritional profiles, so I would just use whichever (or more than one) that you happen to prefer. Date molasses I believe has a lower GI, the pomegranate molasses is tangier, then regular molasses has more of the molasses flavor that we're used to. Totally up to you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think that the slight differences between the three are really just basically your preference. They're really three different things with different applications, all have slightly different nutritional profiles, so I would just use whichever (or more than one) that you happen to prefer. Date molasses I believe has a lower GI, the pomegranate molasses is tangier, then regular molasses has more of the molasses flavor that we're used to. Totally up to you!
    Thanks! Will have to check the actual bottles when in the shop as online there is no nutritional info - was just trying to get the one that gives me the most nutritional bang for my buck :P

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI!

Ok - we've now booked tickets to go back to visit family in Europe in JUly/August next year so I've tentatively set myself the goal TTC while we are there. Just need to tell DH that's the plan LOL
    I figure, we likely will be relaxed as on holidays, eating-a-plenty (French food), might be able to drop a kid, 2, or even 4 with grandparents here and there so could get some BD in... it'll be summer, warm, lots of vit D etc
    If I get pregnant then, it'd give me a DD of late April- mid May depending on cycles so a great time of year (here in Australia, that is) to be super pregnant ^^

Which means - the plan is to sway hardcore about a good 8 weeks prior to departure (that is the thing that worries me...jetlag and messing my cycle/body, though...there's an 8-hour time difference at that time of year) so can get 8-10 or 12 weeks of 110% sway in (as in, upping cals a bit with more fat and protein).
    The goal is still do a lighter sway (as in holding steady weight, gaining muscle/reducing bodyfat by having a good overall regime of diet and exercise) up until then - and adding supps for both of us 3/4 months prior to departure (as in, having the full suite, not just the basics).

How does that sound?

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds FANTASTIC!!! I would honestly not even worry about jet lag and all the rest of it. A lot of people get their desired gender on holiday - something about getting into a new groove even for a short time seems like it works more often than not. Your timeline of when to do the basic vs. full on sway makes perfect sense too - the groundwork will be laid, and then you can just build on that.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic!
    I know it sounds silly - but dreamt last night that I got Sneak Peek results back saying BLUE! so I feel it's my body's way of saying - "yup, let's do this, we WILL get our boy!" - because I have been terrified of an opposite so feel like it's the mental block gone haha

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great!! I love encouraging dreams. I had a dream I remember vividly from that time - I dreamed my husband and the two oldest were renovating the house and there was all this lumber and power tools everywhere (my husband is always renovating something and well, er, spending every dime we have on it) and my third son and a fourth boy I hadn't even HAD at that time were toddling around in the midst of it all. Then, off in the corner, back behind all the wood and tools and craziness, I could see her! My brain was like "Kristin you must push through all this and you WILL get to her in the end!" Typically I'm not a person for prophetic dreams at all but it was just so vivid and it really did come down to me having to ignore all the chaos and going for it!

I'm so excited for you!!!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast