Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated from the left ovary the month I got pregnant (corpus luteum seen on ultrasound) but I thought I had ovulated from the right - you really can't tell unless you've seen it on ultrasound.

Atomic had some good insight on this on another thread, I'll see if I can find it to repost later.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the scan has confirmed I will ovulate from the right (I haven't yet, in a couple of days!!) there was also a smaller egg on the left which may also go a bit later, but maybe not, I didn't really understand that bit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    Women only make the eggs but the Man decides the gender... So tell him to only make the ones you want!
    lol!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was Atomic's response to my questioning a study looking at the side of ovulation and gender:

The other study is also intriguing, but in that study, the interesting thing was that right-sided ovulation seemed to be affiliated with overall better pregnancy outcomes (less miscarriages). So it is very likely nothing "magic" about eggs from the right side making boys, but that some other signal is causing ovulation from that side when overall fertility is higher and that in those cycles, coincidentally, a baby of EITHER gender has a better chance of surviving. It seems totally likely to me that the reason why more boys are conceived is actually because the climate is better for continuing a pregnancy...rem. that 140-160 boys are conceived for every 100 girls, so it could simply be a red herring that more baby boys are conceived. It could just be that more baby boy pregnancies are being maintained that in a less welcoming environment would have been lost. (I'm not explaining this very well I fear.) Think of it this way...in a less fertile (left) cycle, you could conceive 75-50 boys and girls but if more boys are lost it would appear that more girls are being conceived, whereas in a more fertile (right) cycle, you could conceive 75-50 boys to girls and then if more of the boys make it because the environment is better for the survival of the more fragile gender, it could appear that more boys are being conceived but it's really because pregnancies that would otherwise ahve been lost are simply making it. (I think I made it worse )

Keep in mind (with BOTH studies) that it's very probably overall fertility that matters. If someone is highly fertile, even if they O late from their left ovary (some people, of course, only HAVE one ovary), of course it can still be a boy and vice versa. It is not that this is 100% accurate all the time (although that Ramzi stuff is kinda intriguing) but that it is statistically significant - so there are plenty of exceptions and opposites and no one should throw up their hands and give up because of one isolated study.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know with my first that I ovulated from my left side -- and had a boy. I know bec I kept having all these pains on my right side so they did a 6 week ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy...and the tech said, well the right side looks normal but your left has the cyst so that's the one you ovulated from. never did find out why I had pains on my right. but, clearly for me that old wives' tale was incorrect.
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

6. Likes Sillyginger liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I have a lazy Right ovary!! LOL
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My right ovary doesn't work...so all my girls are from the left.

ETA: I unknowingly swayed girl for each pregnancy which imo accounts for my 3 girls, not my left side ovulation. I wouldn't be preparing for a boy sway if I thought left ovary = girl.
    Last edited by Demeter; February 7th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Mom to
    7w5d no heartbeat, naturally miscarried at 9w4d 11/17/2011

currently preparing to sway for starting March 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping this doesn't really matter as I know I o'ed from my right as that's the side that has the cyst on it.

Anyone else want to chime in if they know the side they O'ed on AND gender??
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this thread is interesting. I always feel twinges on my left, every single cycle, i have no idea what that means.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The lady that did my scan said she ovulated right for all three of her children, all boys (also on clomid). I'm hoping that is just a coincidence too! I did read that the majority if women ovulate from one side 80% of the time, don't know if that's correct!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast