Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    Yeah sounds about like my girl’s nursing schedule. Nap/ bed and then 2-6 times a night So at the moment just lifting weights and staying on maintenance calories till I get a pos opk. How are you doing eating and working out? Are you doing anything different from the last 2 times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, boobie monsters, eh?? LOL
    You are out and outdoors, being active all day too, so I think you are doing fantastic!

I only just recovered from being really sick - so have gotten back to eating and exercising for the 1st time in 2 weeks (barely ate in that time, not that I really lost weight somehow?!).
    Eating-wise, I need to meal plan, that is the only way I can get those protein g up! I just cannot stomach eating heaps of meat on its own, so have to build it into dishes iykwim?

When I was ttc#3 - I don't think I was exercising enough and hadn't built enough muscle... so my aim is to really up my muscle mass and not focus on weight on the scale too much but more the overall feeling fit and strong.
    For #4 - we weren't ttc yet - I had hoped to maybe start HE diet a few months after and start TTC in September/October.. fell pregnant by accident in June LOL
    I had started taking up some weight exercise, but I needed to build it up in intensity/frequency...never got to, though I was working from home (COVID mid 2020), my diet was pretty good as had time to prep meals and think about what I ate, plan etc (though had too many carbs especially in the few months prior - see below comment). Had started some supps but not all yet - had tried to get DH to take some, but suspect he didn't take them so this time, as much as I don't like, will probably be a bit sneaky.
    I had a few extra kg padding as I had done a lot of bread baking at home while the kids were homeschooled in the first few months of the pandemic. So probably overall had too much fat to muscle ratio?

Anyways, here are my ramblings that I hope make some sort of sense lol

What do you think was different when you conceived your son?
    Last edited by LMSM; August 8th, 2022 at 07:36 PM.
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, finally tried my unflavoured collagen in my tea - and I can't even feel it's in there, so that's a win for protein (one serve is 9g of protein so with my splash of milk, a tea becomes a bit more nutritious straight away ^^).
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Also, finally tried my unflavoured collagen in my tea - and I can't even feel it's in there, so that's a win for protein (one serve is 9g of protein so with my splash of milk, a tea becomes a bit more nutritious straight away ^^).
    Do you have it with a protein meal? It’s not a complete protein so I have it with goat protein (it’s casein and whey) and Greek yogurt but you could have it with any complete protein. I always try to use 1/2c of whole milk in my tea and have it twice daily so there’s a serving of ff dairy right there!! And milk of course has protein. How’s the rest of your diet going?? How’s your hubby?

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if it's not a complete protein, the body will just mix and match it with other proteins. The idea that we have to eat complete proteins or they're useless has fallen by the wayside, so even if you can't have the collagen with a complementary protein, it's all good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Yep, boobie monsters, eh?? LOL
    You are out and outdoors, being active all day too, so I think you are doing fantastic!

I only just recovered from being really sick - so have gotten back to eating and exercising for the 1st time in 2 weeks (barely ate in that time, not that I really lost weight somehow?!).
    Eating-wise, I need to meal plan, that is the only way I can get those protein g up! I just cannot stomach eating heaps of meat on its own, so have to build it into dishes iykwim?

When I was ttc#3 - I don't think I was exercising enough and hadn't built enough muscle... so my aim is to really up my muscle mass and not focus on weight on the scale too much but more the overall feeling fit and strong.
    For #4 - we weren't ttc yet - I had hoped to maybe start HE diet a few months after and start TTC in September/October.. fell pregnant by accident in June LOL
    I had started taking up some weight exercise, but I needed to build it up in intensity/frequency...never got to, though I was working from home (COVID mid 2020), my diet was pretty good as had time to prep meals and think about what I ate, plan etc (though had too many carbs especially in the few months prior - see below comment). Had started some supps but not all yet - had tried to get DH to take some, but suspect he didn't take them so this time, as much as I don't like, will probably be a bit sneaky.
    I had a few extra kg padding as I had done a lot of bread baking at home while the kids were homeschooled in the first few months of the pandemic. So probably overall had too much fat to muscle ratio?

Anyways, here are my ramblings that I hope make some sort of sense lol

What do you think was different when you conceived your son?
    I’m sorry I somehow missed responding to this!!! Ok that all makes sense on 3 & 4 so this time do things way way different!! It took me a good solid 6 months of weights to finally see my body totally transform in look and feel so start asap and stick with it!! You may gain weight but that is ok for blue!!

I never ate breakfast and ate only veggies/ dressing coffee/ almond milk and a ton of geeens powders w my girls. They only thing I did differently with my son was 6 months prior to his conception I went on this Whole Foods plant based kick and ate a ton of nuts / coconut and avocado along w my salads but still wasn’t eating breakfast. I was also doing body weight exercises. A couple months before his conception I realized I had become pudgy an cut out the nuts/ coconut avocado and only had salads and fruit and dressings. Lost 15 lbs right before I got pg w him but I think maybe what I was doing the 6 months before couldn’t be “undone” in such a short amount of time??? I dk. I was still nursing my 2 yo daughter for naps and bedtime too.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Even if it's not a complete protein, the body will just mix and match it with other proteins. The idea that we have to eat complete proteins or they're useless has fallen by the wayside, so even if you can't have the collagen with a complementary protein, it's all good.
    Ok I didn’t know!! I always have just several protein sources and that animal fat (and carbs of course) just in case!!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I didn’t know!! I always have just several protein sources and that animal fat (and carbs of course) just in case!!

Unless you were a very strict vegan eating ONLY certain incomplete proteins and not others, for a very long time, or a person in an impoverished country, you're just getting everything your body needs on a regular basis to complete those proteins!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have it with a protein meal? It’s not a complete protein so I have it with goat protein (it’s casein and whey) and Greek yogurt but you could have it with any complete protein. I always try to use 1/2c of whole milk in my tea and have it twice daily so there’s a serving of ff dairy right there!! And milk of course has protein. How’s the rest of your diet going?? How’s your hubby?

That's the only way I've had it so far - i.e tea with a good portion (may 1/3 cup at least) of full fat milk (and a small portion of date syrup or raw sugar) so it would be with other protein too that being said, have yet to try it with yogurt and other ways - I can see one of my faves being a good choice greek yogurt, PB or other nut butter and some berries - yum!) with the collagen if it "melts" into the yogurt?! I did try with oatmal but it felt more grainy than in the tea..
    Diet - am currently aiming at 40-50g of protein with complex carbs for main meals and 10-15/20g of protein for snacks - with the majority being animal proteins.
    Not always hitting that target but getting there have double checked all the supps and will begin the base ones (and add in the extras in a few months)
    Exercise wise, am still only able to pull off 2-3 sessions a week, but would like to make them a bit longer and challenging and add in maybe one more plus more walking on days off.
    Hubby, well, he does no exercise so am worried about that and trying to find ways to get him going...he starts his new job in a couple of weeks and his boss is a gym fanatic (goes every single morning and is really buff lol) so hopefully that will boost him to move and maybe even pump some iron (one can hope!)

What is your hubby doing to help for blue? does he ride all day too?
    Last edited by LMSM; August 15th, 2022 at 06:21 PM.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That's good to know, thanks!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s sounding really good!! Just some background on me that may help you or not… my mom was bad eater, she was anorexic for 15 years then bulimic for 10+ years and never showed me how to properly feed myself, also was always commenting on my weight - too fat too skinny. Now I LOVE my mom and she is the best and a huge help with the kids but just didn’t really teach me how to be “normal” in the eating and exercise department. That being said I kind of had an eating disorder myself- never eating breakfast, lots of salads, looking for low calorie stuff and by having a past eating disorder, well I wouldn’t even call it that bc I know some women have to get treatment etc, more like restrictive eating — I’m hoping that won’t make me too pink friendly. In any case, I was kinda timid about starting HE that I would blow up since I wasn’t used to eating so high fat/ high protein but I went ahead and did it. I started the weights at the same time. Now I did notice a fair bit of “bulking” but I think in our situation of nursing, that’s going to be expected! My appetite was really high and I have to say though, the extra food really helped in getting my energy up to be able to work out and make it through the day. A few months later I felt I wanted to cut down a bit, so I cut down portions a tad and not as many carbs and the weight absolutely flew off- but my energy was up even more. Now I’ve put snacks back in and on more of a maintenance diet and still have lots of energy to workout and keep making milk. I’m just saying all this just in case you’re overwhelmed with the whole HE diet to trust the process and give it time! Also if you’re a restrictive eater like I was then you may be missing a whole lot of nutrients and may feel like you’re gaining at first but your body will eventually regulate its appetite. Just don’t be afraid to EAT that fat and protein, your body needs it! Now I don’t know how or if any of this sways blue or if I’m being restrictive now on a different level and still swaying pink I don’t know but that’s what is working for me keeping up with everyone, though you have FOUR!!

As for hubby he knows how to ride but I’ll be darned if I’m going to let him straddle a saddle in this heat and bash those balls around. No way. He’s not even allowed to ride a bike! Right now he’s on a diet and lifting weights! And taking his supplements.

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast