Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Body recomposition - good diet and exercise regime for blue?

Hi all,

Blue swayer here - curious if anyone has attempted body recomposition (losing fat/building muscle at the same time)?
    It seems that research indicates that a high protein diet with resistance training (yay! weights! HIIT! body weight training!) yield the best results but I am keen to hear from ladies that have real lives and can't dedicate every waking moment to their physique but rather have to integrate the body recomp into a family/work life that is hard enough to balance as it is...
    https://journals.lww.com/nsca-scj/Fu...s_Build.3.aspx

If anyone wants to tag along with idea for meals, exercises etc - don;t be shy
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have done this before, not when swaying, but when I did it I inadvertently ended up conceiving my 2nd boy during that time. I absolutely did not center my life around it, just ate a bit cleaner, cut back on sweets, and walked in the morning with my 1st boy and then in the evening did a light weight workout. I didn't worry about gaining or losing fat really, but I did end up quite a lot more "cut" looking, less pudgy, and didn't change my weight so I had to have lost fat and gained muscle without altering my overall weight. When I conceived I was about 3 lbs above where my ideal weight was, at 128 lbs.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It really does sound - especially when you are a "novice" like I would be- that minor changes can be sufficient as long as they are consistent and enough to see obvious (however small) differences to the body.
    As you know, TTC is up in the air and who knows if and when we may TTC at all, but I feel that if at least I can get into a routine which is good for my body, my overall confidence AND also serves me right from a blue sway perspective...win!
    I'm not too worried about the #s on the scale anyways, but really the way I feel/look (that is a big thing for me, as it has been difficult over the years going over a #..even when pregnant, when I went up in weight it was triggering).
    Doing Chloe Ting and Grow with Jo workout with light weights/bodyweight - as they are engaging enough :P
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, currently hovering around the 60kg mark (am 168cm tall) - so that is 130 ish pounds and 5.5 feet / 21.3 BMI
    Does that sound like too low a BMI?
    It's in the healthy range so assume it's ok as long as I don't lose weight/ ideally build that muscle up?
    (my BMI was lower for most of my girls' conception 18.4 / barely 18 / 19.8 but was 22 for DD4).

My cycle is back now, so will keep track - as suspect if I don't eat enough etc, it won't be regular anyways; we're now in the danger zone, as I know my libido also will pick up massively with hormones doing their thing LOL I could tell my 1st PP cycle wasn't far off considering the EWCM I was seeing and my propensity to want to snuggle DH LOL
    Still nursing DD4, and will keep doing so as long as I can tolerate it

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really think that they are. People out there in the world conceive BG or GB all the time and would swear that they did nothing any different at all, so it really just cannot be that we have to upend our whole apple carts to get a baby of a different gender. It has to be relatively subtle, and even tho with swaying we do a lot of stuff, it very well may be the case that much of what we do is not necessary and we could get by with smaller changes and still have good outcomes (it's just that none of us want to leave it without giving it our all!)

That's the great thing about swaying blue - these changes can help you feel better, be stronger, be healthier overall (this is esp. true if you are a very light, irregular eater of mostly junk foods, like many people who have all girls are) so you don't need to regret any of it! Building muscle and in turn improving your bone mass will have life long benefits!

That is a GREAT BMI! Just try to stay in that range, it's all good. That's exactly what mine was when I got all my boys except the last one (I was thinner with him because of swaying, but taking gobs of vitamins)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSM View Post
    Also, currently hovering around the 60kg mark (am 168cm tall) - so that is 130 ish pounds and 5.5 feet / 21.3 BMI
    Does that sound like too low a BMI?
    It's in the healthy range so assume it's ok as long as I don't lose weight/ ideally build that muscle up?
    (my BMI was lower for most of my girls' conception 18.4 / barely 18 / 19.8 but was 22 for DD4).

My cycle is back now, so will keep track - as suspect if I don't eat enough etc, it won't be regular anyways; we're now in the danger zone, as I know my libido also will pick up massively with hormones doing their thing LOL I could tell my 1st PP cycle wasn't far off considering the EWCM I was seeing and my propensity to want to snuggle DH LOL
    Still nursing DD4, and will keep doing so as long as I can tolerate it
    How often are you nursing and is she 17 months now?

I tried to do a body recomp but I was a bit fatter like 145/ 5’6 and I ended up gaining like 10lbs because I was lifting and nursing ALOT like every 2 hours so my appetite was really through the roof. Then I started backing down on portions and shed 10/12 lbs in about 8 weeks. I think it was mostly all fat since I don’t have my padding anymore . I just think body revamp was just not in it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But remember guys, you can't gain muscle without gaining at least SOME fat (if you're a woman that is, men have it easier in this regard) so gaining some fat isn't a sign of failure, you can still adjust over time and gain muscle too!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I remember you had said that and also I read up on getting fit and the general consensus seems to be to plan to bulk up if you want to lift then have a “cutting” phase where you take out some of those extra carbs and keep lifting so you don’t lose the muscle. I did just that and I’m hoping I didn’t sway too pink doing so!

Now I’m trying to stay on maintenance cals and staying over 100g protein and some fat and carbs on the side and doing snacks of nuts or sweet beef jerky.

12. Likes LindaLaetitia, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefinalcountdown View Post
    How often are you nursing and is she 17 months now?

I tried to do a body recomp but I was a bit fatter like 145/ 5’6 and I ended up gaining like 10lbs because I was lifting and nursing ALOT like every 2 hours so my appetite was really through the roof. Then I started backing down on portions and shed 10/12 lbs in about 8 weeks. I think it was mostly all fat since I don’t have my padding anymore . I just think body revamp was just not in it for me.

She is 17 months old today and she is at daycare 4 days a week - those days, she nurses at night when I pick up her around 5.30pm then she nurses to sleep and throughout the night (could be twice, could be 6 times LOL).
    On Fridays she is either with me or hubby (we alternate taking the Friday off as we condense our work hours) - on the days she's with me, she might nurse maybe 3 times during the day plus whatever stated above and same for WEs. So still a fair bit of nursing! She eats well solid wise, but loves her milk ^^ will see if my cycle continues now that's it's come back or it was more of a fluke.

I think you were doing amazing on body recomp - maybe just too impatient haha (and I don't blame ya!).
    Overall, sounds like you have managed to gain muscle AND lose fat, so definitely doing all the right things
    Last edited by LMSM; August 4th, 2022 at 05:57 PM.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah sounds about like my girl’s nursing schedule. Nap/ bed and then 2-6 times a night So at the moment just lifting weights and staying on maintenance calories till I get a pos opk. How are you doing eating and working out? Are you doing anything different from the last 2 times?

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast