Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have I blown it?

Hiya - long time browser on here, first time poster 👋🏻

Our first month TTC girl and I'm worrying I've blown it. My LH surge normally doesn't last very long and is usually over not long before it's started, this month however it seems to be dragging out!

I thought my peak was yesterday (it doesn't normally go as high as last nights reading) so we dtd for our one attempt last night around 8pm It was a bit of a mad rush as our eldest DS was poorly so it was a real quicky! Had no EWCM at all (neither of us were that into it, it was just a quick, I'm gonna ovulate soon, don't want to miss it 😅 type thing. I'm reluctant to go again tonight as I know that will sway boy. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that we still have a chance. I know there's every chance we won't conceive first month but have we still done our attempt at the 'right time'

Thanks in advance, and thank you for all you do on here. I've been reading up for months and it's been so helpful!!

P.s. hoping you can see attachment of my LH readings 🤞🏻
    Attached Images Attached Images

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I don't get back to answer this first thing tomorrow, please give your post a bump! Thanks!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have absolutely not blown anything.

The way the apps use the term "peak" is extremely misleading, inaccurate, and is not how either we or natural family planning experts use it. The whole system they use with the numbers to "measure" the darkness of OPK and calling the darkest test "peak". But that is not how OPK work, nor is it how the hormone surge works.

When everyone except those apps says "peak" they do not mean the darkest OPK. That has NEVER been how that term was meant to be used. The word peak has nothing to do with the darkness of your opk. What the terminology means is the period of time when your FERTILITY is at its peak, not the OPK. Your peak fertility is from the start of the surge (when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line) and goes for about 1-2 days after that - average is 36 hours after the FIRST PEAK reading, not the darkest. Regardless of what the OPK itself is doing after that, once the two lines are about the same darkness, that is the beginning of your PEAK FERTILITY.

The darkest OPK is totally meaningless. You are looking for your peak FERTILITY, not the darkest OPK. In your case, the first positive (first peak) was on CD 17. If you had your attempt on CD 17 that's great, you did it exactly right.

Do not EVER wait for the darkest OPK. First of all, it may never come, and you may be waiting for some "peak" on an inaccurate app that never comes, since some months you may never get a darker OPK. Secondly, the darkest OPK can actually come after ovulation. This is because the OPK do not tell you if ovulation has happened or when it did. Your body "hears" the signal to ovulate whenever the hormone in your blood reaches a certain concentration, even if it gets more concentrated later on. The hormone is like a message your body sends itself, and it "hears" the message at a whisper even if it starts yelling later on.

Once the OPK registers as positive, even if it's not the darkest positive you get, the message has been sent, and then your body will ovulate on its own timeline, when it thinks the time is right. It is not directly correlated to the darkness of the OPK. It is possible to have ovulated before you get your darkest OPK, and it's also possible to have your test go negative and still not have ovulated yet. The two things are just not directly linked the way people think of it.

Long story short, you had one attempt at the right time, stick with that and good luck!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your response AS! ��

It's kind of what I was thinking, but because my surge seemed to be lasting longer than usual, for me, and then it was all a rush to squeeze in (romantic I know!��) I had a moment of panic �� Also, I know the apps aren't gospel, but my OPKs rarely go over 1.3, let alone 2! So I was like whaaaaat is happening?!

This morning I had creamy cm so could I take that as I sign that ovulation has happened?

Everything you have said makes total sense, thank you for explaining it so well!

Fingers crossed, I'll keep you posted!! ������

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably O has happened, but we do see some times where the EWCM lasts longer than expected or goes to creamy then back to egg white and then O happens the second (or even third) time through. It is a sign, but not set in stone.

6. Thanks P!nkPlease thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again Atomic! Is it possible to get implantation bleeding this early? I've never experienced it with my previous two pregnancies and I've had some pinkish discharge today 😬 it's new to me! Trying very much not to get my hopes up!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if we're assuming that you Oed on the 18th/19th range, and had pinkish discharge on the 24th then that could possibly be implantation related.

That hving been said, it is common to have pinkish discharge in the luteal phase even without conception because the cervix is very soft and can easily get hurt. If you were checking your CM using your fingers internally that is quite commonly a cause of pinkish discharge.

FXFXFX!

9. Thanks P!nkPlease thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Trying not to read too much into it. This discharge was just from wiping and only lasted that evening, so could have easily been just a random. I've not had anything since, but I've never had it before (that I've noticed!) FX, I'll keep you posted! Xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my BFP 😍 Wasn't expecting it to work first time! Doesn't give me much confidence with my sway but, grateful to be having another baby as it took nearly 3 years to persuade my husband!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast