Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Statistics for pink/blue for mums who has gestational diabetes in previous pregnancy?

Just that really.

I’m struggling to avoid eating all the snacks in front of Bake Off right now so I’m asking this question and browsing to distract me.

If not actively swaying, what would be the chances (in your opinion) of someone who had gestational diabetes in their previous pregnancy having a boy or girl?

Just to satisfy my curiosity really. I know it ups the chances of having a boy in subsequent pregnancies but is that 90% boy vs. 10% girl? Or is it closer to 100% boy?

I know there aren’t really any studies around this specific question (and I’m not about to deep dive because although I’m swaying pink I’m doing so gently) I’m just curious to know what you’ve discovered on your travels through the online world of gender swaying really.

Also it’d be nice to know what I’m in for if I can’t avoid these darn snacks
    OCT. 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not something that has ever been studied. There would be a LOT going into that (individual diet, how severe the GD was, etc) and we also have that subset of blue swayers who are very overweight but have girls for reasons we can only guess at (oftentimes they crash diet just before pregnancy, but there appears to be more to it than that) which makes it harder to see in the general population. We do see more women with PCOS and GD among the pink swayers, significantly more (80-20 would be my guess) but please keep in mind we're a skewed sample to begin with. The numbers on this site, since most of us on here already have a lot of one or a lot of the other, do not translate to real world chances.

It is absolutely NOT 100% or 90%!

The important thing is that you are eating DIFFERENTLY than you were. Not that you're eating PERFECTLY, just differently. That is what matters. If you never get quite where you were hoping to get you're still doing better, and will still up your chances of having a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Mochi thanked for this post