Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Help aunt & uncle ttc - not swaying

Hi All,

I did post this in TTC help but got no responses so far, maybe someone on here can give advice.

My auntie and uncle would love to have another baby and have not been using protection for years, but are having difficulties falling pregnant. Just wondering if you may have some advice on what they can do.

My auntie is 45 and uncle is 44, they have a 22 year old and a 16 year old. They did fall pregnant last year but sadly it ended in a miscarriage at about 8 weeks. I had a chat with her today and she has a period every month but does not know when she ovulates, so i am going to get her some ovulation tests to try and get idea of when she ovulates incase they are just missing their fertile window. I also adviced her to take folic acid to prepare her uterus, so fx she can get a sticky bean in there.

Is there anything else they can do/take to up there chances of getting pregnant. Would they be better to have sex lots in fertile window? Or not? They are not swaying or anything like that just want another beautiful baby.

Im very close to my auntie and i just hope i can pass on some good info that may help them.

Thanks Leanne x
    Mummy to 6 beautiful boys and expecting our

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They could try the sperm meets egg plan. Sperm Meets Egg Plan
    It doesn't sound like she has visited a doctor, if she did not know about taking folic acid. That would definitely be the best place for her to start. At 45, she is at an increased risk of problems occurring with the baby and/or her during any pregnancy, so she needs to be told of all the potential risks. And they could run a blood test to check she is starting off healthy. If she has a thyroid imbalance for example, it can cause fertility issues and can be picked up with a blood test.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much PeonyPrincess, i will have a read of that sperm meets egg plan. She has only been to dr when she had the miscarriage and dont think she got much advice off them at all. Maybe getting some blood tests would be a good idea. x

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd get them both to take some preconception vitamins (i.e. Pregnacare Conception) too

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbow, can she take this alongside folic acid?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry, I don't always see posts in other forums (busy busy!!) so if there's ever anything that I may be able to help with, please just drop me a PM and let me know! happy to help anyone at any time but I just can't always keep up with everything.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the odds of conception are very very low at 45. Even tho many 45 year olds still menstruate and may even ovulate, the quality of their eggs is just very low. If they do conceive, the odds of miscarriage are greater than 50% and

What I would say is that their best bet is IVF with an egg donor. If that isn't for them, she can try DHEA 25-50 mg a day, and taking a high dose folic acid (4000 mcg - the downside is that it may cause cancers to grow more quickly if she had a small, undiagnosed cancer which many of us do by 45. For this reason I am hesitant to advise it because the odds of conception are so small anyway), use the Sperm Meets Egg Plan for conception, and wait for a healthy egg to show up. Also please check out the following threads: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...g-quality.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...sway-blue.html (this says it's for swaying blue but it will help any man who wants to improve sperm.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyLea View Post
    Rainbow, can she take this alongside folic acid?
    Yes, she can take both prenatals and folic acid. Just make sure the total amount of FA doesn't exceed 4000 mcg.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyLea View Post
    Thank you so much PeonyPrincess, i will have a read of that sperm meets egg plan. She has only been to dr when she had the miscarriage and dont think she got much advice off them at all. Maybe getting some blood tests would be a good idea. x
    Again, I hope this doesn't sound harsh but a doctor will not be very helpful for a woman of 45 who is TTC simply because the odds of natural conception at 45 are very very slim. She would need to see a reproductive endocrinologist.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all your advice Atomic its greatly appreciated. I will pass info onto my aunt and let them decide on what they want to do. Think she will probably take pre-natal and folic acid and follow sperm meets egg plan. I will read egg boost in a mo and pass that onto them. xxx