Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

baby aspirin....delay ovulation?

I took some baby aspirin at the beginning of my cycle this month and it was a very strange cycle. In addition to my usual 4 days of AF, I had 2 days after with some spotting...and then instead of getting my usual EWCM immediately following AF, I was very dry for about 5 days after that. I tend to bruise very easily, and I thought maybe the aspirin was the cause of the strange cycle -- so my gut told me to drop the aspirin (which I did on D11). A day or so later, I saw EWCM came back and the rest of the cycle felt normal. Although, clearly my cycle was delayed a bit by about 5-7 days. I'm not sure if my AF will come on time this month or also be delayed?

Has anyone else had a weird cycle with aspirin?
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals
    May testing: FSH 20, AMH .4 diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve.
    June: Natural BFP! baby boy lost at 9 weeks & blighted ovum

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To the best of my knowledge, baby aspirin cannot delay O. However, it can cause either very light and very heavy periods (because it's a blood thinner and then your body may overcompensate and make too much clotting factor) If your gut tells you to drop it, by all means do so.

My suspicion is that your body was sloughing off the lining for a couple extra days because of the bleeding and just took a little while to catch up with the CM. Or, it's totally possible that something ELSE delayed O and the aspirin is just a coincidence.

Keep us updated on when AF comes - my prediction would be right on time unless O was delayed for a different reason other than the aspirin.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, interesting....now I'm curious to see if I get my period on time. I never got an +OPK because I ran out of tests by D14. But I still had EWCM until D17 when it turned to water....watery on D18 too. Usually the OPK is positive on my last day of EWCM/first day of Watery mucus. So, I suspect if I did O, it was D17 (instead of D11 or 12 in most normal cycles). For that reason I thought my period would come later and I'd have a longer cycle this month. This is my second cycle following my chemical pregnancy. The cycle immediately following was my normal 25 day cycle. Could my body still be trying to regulate after the chemical?
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rereading my post it doesn't seem very clear, so just to make sure you're following me...two things may have happened.

a) you might have Oed when you normally do and your pattern of EWCM was different, maybe because of the aspirin, maybe the chemical, maybe just because. In that case, you will get AF when you normally do.

b)your O might have been delayed for some reason, which I doubt was aspirin - maybe the chemical, maybe of stress or changes in diet, maybe just because. In that case, you will get AF most likely late.

Basically, once you get AF, you'll in retrospect be able to tell if you Oed late or not.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic -- AF was late, 5 days -- so confirms that O was delayed as I suspected. Not sure if it was due to the aspirin...although like I said as soon as I stopped my EWCM came about a day later. So I feel like the aspirin might have been a factor. The first day of AF was different too...reminded me of my very first menses as a teen (lots of dark brown discharge) and dark clots...so I also suspect that the chemical pregnancy wasn't all flushed out of my system. Hoping it is after this cycle and we can finally move forward.
    4140 2007 2009 (VBAC)

2012 - 2 chemicals