Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, just reading about the LE PCOS diet as I had an opposite last year following the regular LE diet. In hindsight I'm thinking I did a crash and burn type diet with calories no higher than 1500 per day, I regularly exceeded the recommended fat and protein max intake as I couldn't manage to give up meat, though I did cut back. I didn't exercise.
    I'm on day 3 of my second attempt and seeing now that you recommend this PCO version for those of us having a failed sway under our belts. I'm not sure what I should do though seeing as my previous sway was watching the cals more than the nutrients though I did eat general low nutrition foods it was hard to stay under protein and fat when I was having meat pretty much daily or every two days at the very very least.
    So this time I've started by giving up meat, all meat now not just red meat like previously. I've also given up eggs which I would consume frequently on any given day. I've started the cardio at 60+ mins per day. No snacking at all. Fairly substantial gaps between meals (from last night to today it was verging on 16 hours but that was cause I was super busy and had no time!) I'm trying to take in 3 meals daily as I limited myself to two last time but finding it hard get the time to have that third meal (last night I had a glass of wine with some salad and fat free marshmallows to up my intake of cals)
    My question anyway, after all that, is should I stick with what I've started or change it up? And if I should change it how do I tweak it without making it a big thing? Trying to be as horizontal as I can this time after the OCD of last time 😉 Thank you!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    2012 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't totally say, but the thing is that the PCOS type diet has GREAT results. Now, I don't totally know if that's because the diet sways harder, or that some of the people who do standard should have been on it, or what, but you aren't shortchanging your sway by doing it instead if you can stick to it without losing too much weight. I'd really use it for everyone except for those two things - it's harder to stick to, and people lose too much weight on it. So what I'd probably do is try to do is aim at doing some elements of the alt. diet (like whole grains, fruit and veg instead of sugar and white carbs) and just see how it goes.

I do not want ANYONE to do lower than 1500 cals. I was always stressing that but I am even more emphatic that it actually may harm a sway to drop that low (and it certainly activates the OCD because not only are you tracking stuff, but it takes SOOO much willpower to stick to so few calories) I want maybe 5% absolute max of people to drop lower than 1500.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes hopper liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so im not exactly sure where to start. Baby boy #5 is 5 days old today. We tried to sway pink but I am seeing I did some things wrong. Like drinking lots of caffeine. I have PCOS and am overweight and usually do not ovulate without clomid or femara. I am 36 now and will be 37 in April. We want to sway again but i want to do everything in my power to make it a great one. I do see alot about the diet but im also unsure of how to start when exclusively breastfeeding. Im hoping to lose plenty of weight (have at least 50 lb to lose) and miraculously ovulate on my own even while breastfeeding. I paid for the personal sway last time but am not sure when i should even start anything this time. I just know my age is not on my side with waiting too long....
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m drinking lots of coffee, should that be stopped?
    Due a GIRL October 2018 after swaying pink! thank you so much genderdreaming!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlswaylondon View Post
    I’m drinking lots of coffee, should that be stopped?
    Coffee sways pink. We've gotten great results with it and I strongly recommend it. In fact that was among the first things I noticed about the old school swaying tactics that didn't seem to add up, was that there were tons of blue swayers and peopel I knew IRL with lots of girls who drank tons of coffee.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post
    Ok so im not exactly sure where to start. Baby boy #5 is 5 days old today. We tried to sway pink but I am seeing I did some things wrong. Like drinking lots of caffeine. I have PCOS and am overweight and usually do not ovulate without clomid or femara. I am 36 now and will be 37 in April. We want to sway again but i want to do everything in my power to make it a great one. I do see alot about the diet but im also unsure of how to start when exclusively breastfeeding. Im hoping to lose plenty of weight (have at least 50 lb to lose) and miraculously ovulate on my own even while breastfeeding. I paid for the personal sway last time but am not sure when i should even start anything this time. I just know my age is not on my side with waiting too long....
    I don't think drinking coffee is bad though Shenanigans. The studies that claim that are largely debunked (even with PCOS) because they didn't take into account blood sugar across the WHOLE day and not just right after eating adn addionally didn't correct for an overall worse diet. So many of the PCOSers were eating poorly, lots of sugar, and then drinking tons of coffee or whatever on top of that, plus they tested blood sugar only immediately after drinking it. But over time coffee improves your insulin response, this is way, way more proven than it being bad for PCOS anyway.

I don't want you doing anything with diet till bubs is 6 months old. It's GREAT to do things like switch to whole grains, eat more fruit and veg of course, but in terms of cutting cals and stuff, hold off for now.

And huge congrats on your new little guy!! So happy for you!!!!

Did we do Clomid or Femara this last time through??

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! We are so in love with him and i just stare at him all the time. Feeling so fortunate but just cant kick the longing for a girl, as well. That does make sense about coffee. I also did cheat some i think with the diet last time because i found it so hard to stick with so long. We also had at least 2 but maybe 3 tries in the fertile window as i was anxious to get pregnant quicker. I will definitely do e4d for the next attempt. I am just overall trying to make much healthier choices and cutting out the majority or sugar and anything not whole grain. Incorporating more veggies and hopefully the weight will slowly come off. I did use femara last time. Do you think clomid is better? Does breastfeeding sway pink also?
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good, that's what I want you to do.

No both Clomid and Femara have been good. Femara I think better since it doesn't have all the side effects that Clomid does.

Breastfeeding does sway pink. You aren't going to want to take the meds without the input of your doc though if you're breastfeeidng.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic! I would love some help finding the blue sways that work with PCOS! I've been looking around, but keep getting error messages on a lot of pages so I'm not finding much

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, I'm not following your question? Blue sways that work with PCOS?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast