Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GeCon View Post
    So having been diagnosed with mild PC ovaries I am wondering how do I know if the empty carbs aggravate it?

With it only being mild, can I continue the diet the way I have been or should I make some changes regardless?
    It's believed by some researchers that the majority of women would eventually get PCOS if their diet supported it strongly enough, so since you already have some tendencies in that direction, I don't think you have anything to lose by cutting back empty carbs and focusing more on fruit and veg and whole grain.

I would NOT go all the way with the PCOS diet (so don't limit carbs per se, just eat less empty carbs) and I'd stick to the lower protein guidelines for now and then see how you go. I don't want you to lose too much weight and end up stopping ovulation...most people need to include some empty carbs to help keep weight on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, I have been told by one doc that I have PCOS...cysts on ovaries, long irregular cycles, and acne. Normal hormones, though...normal testosterone, not insulin resistant, etc. I am concerned about aggravating my long cycles on the LE diet as well. I am currently just trying to lower calorie & fat intake. Lowering protein a little, but not too much. Also, I am a breakfast cereal JUNKIE (a giant bowl every morning, with whole milk, and 2 times a week for lunch)...trying to eat a variety of things at breakfast now, . (I am still eating breakfast because I am still breastfeeding my 11 mo.) I am waiting much later in the morning for my breakfast (after I work out, usually not eating till 9:30-10), and probably eating 1/2 the calories I used to eat.

Even though this is not full-on LE diet, will the changes I'm making sway pink?

Also, I have tons of EWCM...like for 5-6 days before O. Should I take an antihistamine? What days? I am thinking we will do frequent BD in some form, through O, to maximize chance of pregnancy, since we are older (I'm almost 36, DH is 38.)

Sorry for all the questions, I have so much to learn!

One more...should I be doing any diet at all while bf? I am 5'7" and 125 lb., so not much weight to lose. Maybe I should just reduce my morning calories & diet harder once I'm done BF?

Can you tell I'm overwhelmed?? Haha. Thanks for any feedback you might have!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any changes you make in a more Low-Everything direction, will only help.

If you're breastfeeding, I recommend antihistamine as a rescue only - take one the day of your attempt and that's all. Cetirizine 6 hours before or diphenhydramine 1-2 hours before (I find diph. makes my baby drowsy when I use it and prefer peopel use the cetirizine)

Yes, you can do LE Diet while breastfeeding. You should up cal intake to keep the weight on and yoru milk supply up. If you choose to take fiber you will want to add in a vit. drop with Vit. D and DHA for your baby (your baby takes this, not you) you don't need to lose any weight, just hold steady.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again for your responses to all my questions! Sooo helpful!
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for your patience!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, i'm very in doubt whether to ask this already but, well, i do it anyway, LOL

My question at the end is: is it likely that i have pcos amd how urgent is it to switch to the whole grain/vegetable le diet instead of the crash and burn (empty calories) le diet?

- i have many pos opk's or near pos. (Just had two the recent days, cd 6 and cd 7)
    - i am not loosing weight easily without exercising
    - on a low carb diet i loose weight
    - my LP is between 10 and 12 days
    - my mensis is often 8 days or longer with the heaviest blood loss on cd 5
    - i have spotting in between
    - my cycles aren't exactly 28 days anymore, but between 25 and 30 days.
    - i have acne
    - i have hair loss

Well, i think i should mention this to my GP, right? LOL
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the prob. is that you can have tendencies towards PCOS without having it. PCOS is one of those weird things where it's not even really a disease, it's more like a variation of normal that probably helped people to survive back in the day, but in our modern world it becomes more of a problem.

My thinking is, for those people who don't lose weight either at 1500-1800 cals WITH exercise, or 1200 without it, or who gain weight when they add carbs, you may have the tendency towards PCOS. It doesn't mean you have it all the way, and it will probably not show up on tests at your doctor's office, but you should try to adjust your diet in a more PCOS friendly way by:

Increase protein to 50-60 g
    Eat upper level of fat
    Keep cal intake the same
    (Since you get more cals from pro and fat, you will effectively lower your carb intake without even thinking about it)
    get carbs from wholegrains (possibly even limit grains to 2-3 servings a day) and fruit and veg, fresh and fiber-rich best

Do moderate exercise even if you cannot do the intense exercise - the benefits for blood sugar are enormous.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the benefit of mentioning it to your doctor is sometimes you can come out of it with Clomid.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks AS!

Well, it's difficult to tell whether i have it or not, based on symptoms. I could have it, i think, but then i doubt it again.

Fact is i do loose weight as i stick to 1200kcal (if i exercise then i can eat somewhat more) but as soon as i cheat i'm not loosing anything.

I feel not comfortable with switching to whole grains and nutrient rich foods. Maybe i have to wait what my gp says about having pcos or not. And even if she'll give me clomid, it's still better to switch to whole grains and veggies, isn't it?

I keep thinking what would be safe for me with respect to swaying: lower fast sugars amd thereby insuline levels, but as a result increasing nutrients/minerals/vitamines...
    Tough one!
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, even if you have the tendency you can still benefit from the PCOS version of diet, and it may not show up on the tests at the doctor's office.

I'm going to message you...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast