Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When doing alt. diets you TRY to stick to the limits but you'd get a higher % of your days' cals from fat and pro as outlined in one of the essays instead of carbs. And your carbs will need to come more from whole grains, fruits, and veg, small amounts in nuts OR if going gluten free, white rice is also allowed for those doing gluten free and they would obv. skip the wheat products.

But you do not need to stick to the lists, they are mainly for example as it's impossible for me to list literally every food under the sun in these threads LOL

So on the original PCOS Diet with the whole grains, you could have something like millet or quinoa which are whole grains ven if not listed. And on the AFD you could have something like taro root or tapioca instead of rice if you like those things.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to ask another question atomic but I'm just wondering if we are still lowering the nutrient intake if on the pcos diet? I'm finding it hard to think of meals that are low nutrient, low carb, low sugar? I'm eating salads and cutting back on sweets/snacks. Found it too hard to count protein levels but I'm consciously trying to keep it low. So today I ate a bacon salad with lettuce, cucumber, sweet corn, onion and salad cream, a low fat yogurt, a chicken noodle broth for tea with bean sprouts and spring onions and some grapes and 2 slices of marmite on toast with lighter lurpack and another yogurt. Does this sound ok for Ttc a girl?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Sorry to ask another question atomic but I'm just wondering if we are still lowering the nutrient intake if on the pcos diet? I'm finding it hard to think of meals that are low nutrient, low carb, low sugar? I'm eating salads and cutting back on sweets/snacks. Found it too hard to count protein levels but I'm consciously trying to keep it low. So today I ate a bacon salad with lettuce, cucumber, sweet corn, onion and salad cream, a low fat yogurt, a chicken noodle broth for tea with bean sprouts and spring onions and some grapes and 2 slices of marmite on toast with lighter lurpack and another yogurt. Does this sound ok for Ttc a girl?
    Not as much as you are on the other diet but it is STILL going to be better than what you were doing before.

Please keep in mind that there is a HECK of a lot less nutrients in vegetables than ther is in some other foods. YOu would have to eat a mountain of veg to make up for the nutrients in a big mac, fries, choc shake.

What you ate was fine.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much ��

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying under special circumstances Part 3 PCOS

A

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The wholegrains have not seemed to make the difference that we once thought they might. They are allowed and in fact mandatory for PCOS because the empty carbs will just raise blood sugar and testosterone.

ARe you tracking your nutrients?? How much fat are you getting?

9. Thanks ttcpinkin2015 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic - I've pm'd you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK I'll look for it.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi Atomic.... this is my first post. I have one boy conceived through clomid and trigger injection. I have pcos but haven't been on metformin for a while now as I felt fine without it. I was insulin resistant but my last test (a while ago) said I no was not. I still don't really ovulate as far as what I know and I want to TTC Girl asap. I used to be a personal trainer so I feel like I know a lot of what to do etc eating wise, and have been looking into the girl diet. After reading this I feel better as you seem to know a lot about pcos and also girl swaying. however, the pcos girl diet seems so different to the normal girl sway, with grains and not empty cars such as white pasta and white rice. I just feel a bit 'stuck' as to know what to do now. feeling like its all to hard and I should just 'cross my fingers and hope'. thoughts??
    im also a bit lost about timing. I wanted to start with 5-4 day cut off, but now im reading stuff like the sperm like the same amount of time, and also that I need to keep douching or using aci-jel for the days after BD up until O, and others say the sperm is already up in the fallopian tubes in 4 hours so I don't need to continue keeping PH low after that amount of time. any clarification would be wonderful as im finding it hard on one of the facebook groups to get a clarification. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    PCOS PINK Sway Diet!!!!!!!!!!

When swaying with PCOS, insulin resistance, have a significant amount of weight to lose (more than 30 lbs), or are having trouble losing weight on the "crash and burn" style of LE Diet (this may be a sign that you are a bit insulin resistant), empty carbs are not going to help your sway. They may in fact harm your sway by sending your testosterone levels skyrocketing (other people would see T drop on the "crash and burn" style of LE Diet).

So if you fall into one of these categories, you need to change the proportions of protein and fat to carbs (cutting carbs overall in favor of more protein and fat) and get most, if not all, your carbs from small amounts of whole grains and fiber-rich fruit and vegetable (fresh or lightly cooked is much better than canned/well-cooked). This is what we call the "slow burn" style of LE Diet.

How does this work?? Protein and carbs have the same amount of calories in them - about 4 calories per gram. Fat has 9 calories a gram. So by getting more protein and more fat, you make up for any caloric deficit that you would incur by cutting back on carbs somewhat, and yet you are still sticking within the overall limits of LE Diet in terms of calories. Don't just cut out carbs, you'll starve that way! Remember, no one should ever drop below 1200 calories!! Also keep in mind that low carb vegetables are free for everyone on both types of diets - you do not count them for calories, fat, or protein and you can eat as much as you want.

Protein - increase to 50-60 g (up from 40-50 g) and if you are super tall and/or are working out a lot, you may want to even increase this a bit more. I would not increase over 70 g protein no matter what and if you're less than 5-10 (178 cm), I would not increase above 60 g unless you are exercising a lot.

Fat - should be at upper limits for calorie intake, so 30% of your calories from fat. On a 1200 cal diet this will be about 25 g fat, on an 1800 cal diet this will be about 60 g fat. Please make an extra effort to get the majority of your fat calories from Omega 6 and transfats as described in this essay http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...pink-blue.html

So while a traditional "crash and burn" type diet would look like this (and please try not to get too hung up on the numbers, this is really just ballpark for illustration only):

1500-1800 cals Roughly 1000-1500 cals are going to be from carbs, depending on the amount of calories overall and the proportions of protein/fat you are eating. These carbs can be in the form of empty white carbs but can also include small amounts of whole grains and also fruit and higher carb vegetables.

40-50 g protein 160-200 day's cals from protein

25-60 g fat 225-540 day's cals from fat
    (and while you might wanna try to get more Omega 6 fats, if you're eating low fat in the 25 g range, it becomes less important to do this, and in fact you may need to make some effort to get at least a bit of saturated fat to ensure you continue ovulating.)

The "slow burn" type of diet would look more like this:

1500-1800 calories Roughly 750-1000 cals from carbs and these carbs will all be in the form of whole grains, fresh or lightly cooked fruit and higher carb veg with lots of fiber to help with insulin resistance
    (and while I rarely LIKE to see anyone drop to 1200-1500 calories, some gals with PCOS/IR may benefit from this low a caloric intake at the beginning - as the weight comes off, insulin sensitivity will improve and you can increase calories at that point)

50-60 g protein 200-240 cals from protein, and if you're tall and/or are working out a lot, you can up this as high as 280

60 g fat 540 cals from fat
    (and if you can get primarily Omega 6 fats, that's going to help your sway a lot - you don't need to worry about getting any Omega 3 or saturated fat, because your protein foods and the Omega 6 fats will have a little bit in them and that will maintain ovulation)

Wow that was a lot of writing and mathematical equations there! I know, I know, very confusing. So, here is a simplified version LE Diet I made for custom swayers with PCOS/IR - while it's not going to be right or necessary for everyone to be quite this strict, it will help you kinda envision what a "slow burn" type of LE Diet is going to look like.

(Where it says "eat X number of times a day" that means you eat that amount that many times per day. It's like the Weight Watchers points system - you can have 2 or 3 servings at one meal or 1 at 3 meals or however works the best for you. You do not, and in fact shouldn't, be eating 5 times a day on any form of LE Diet. On the "slow burn" style LE Diet, it can be very beneficial to your insulin response to have a nice long fast period up to 16 hours every day with no food coming in and this also seems to sway pink.)

--Eat every day:

1 full fat Brown Cow yogurt (or any full fat yogurt) OR 3/4 c whole milk
    1 Taste Nirvana Coconut water (or any coconut water, that one is good tasting while some other brands are ucky)
    (this will ensure you get a decent amount of potassium and will help with fat and protein)

--2-3 times a day, pick one :

(You can split them into smaller servings and have more often if you would prefer this. These products are not going to be available in all areas and in that case you just would substitute an equivalent product. The salt limits are only for those who are limiting sodium.)

½ c brown rice
    ½ c cooked whole wheat pasta
    1 slice whole grain bread (NOT wheat bread, must be 100% whole grain)
    4 Ry Krisp crackers (unsalted)
    8 Hint of Salt Triscuits
    16 Hint of Salt Wheat Thins
    One graham cracker (this is a treat to be had when you’re craving something sweet and you MUST top with the peanut butter option below.)

2 times a day, pick one:

1-2 cup fruit (if the fruit is chunky and not too sweet like watermelon, you can have more; if it’s kind of dense like blueberries, stick with the smaller amount.
    1 baked potato (pick a smallish one)
    1 baked yam (smallish one)
    Carrot Sticks (you can have quite a few, like 2 carrots’ worth)
    1 banana
    1 apple or pear (I actually want you to leave the skins on these for extra fiber that will keep your blood sugar in check.)
    1 corn on the cob
    ½ c storebought pasta sauce

5 times a day pick one:

2 egg whites
    1 whole egg (best to keep these to a few times per week to prevent getting too much saturated fat)
    2 T hummus
    ½ c beans, lentils, or peas
    1 1x1 inch **** of cheese
    2 chick. nugget size pieces of chicken (use on top of salad or on taco)
    1 oz. turkey (ground or sliced deli meat)
    Piece of tofu about the size of a deck of cards
    1/8 of a cup of nuts or seed (use to top a salad)
    3 large shrimp or scallops (this is an occasional treat – no more than 2x a week)
    2 T peanut butter (eat on top of the graham crackers if you are craving something sweet)

(eating that amount of the above foods, plus the protein in the yogurt/whole milk and grains, will ensure you get enough protein)

3-5 times a day pick one:

If you don't NEED to eat them, this is a place to cut some cals, but please feel free to include them if you would like.

1 T oil (corn or vegetable oil with Omega 6 fats are best)
    1 T butter (margarine with Omega 6 fats may be better)
    1 T mayo
    1 T not-very-sweet salad dressing like vinaigrette or ranch
    1 T whipping cream (can pour over berries)
    1 T parmesan cheese

UNLIMITED

You can have as much as you want.
    Mustard and unsweetened Salsa
    Mushrooms
    Herbs
    All low carb veggies (asparagus, bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, green beans, lettuce, spinach, spaghetti squash, tomato, zucchini)
    If you can, use leeks and green onions instead of garlic and onion

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast