Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Health food store = fantastic!!

Hey girls!

Just wanted to say that if you are swaying for a girl (and they have a LOT of nutritious items for boy sways as well) and haven't already checked one out, go, no Ruuuun to the closest one.

I went a little bit for my last sway, here and there, but I did a full hour there yesterday and WOW! I was having so much trouble finding what I needed at the regular grocery store. I found so many things at the health food store, especially low salt items, like bread, bullion, crackers, cheese, bars, natural items without other artificial things, organic foods and veggies, vegetarian and gluten free foods... and dried cranberries, ect... Just be careful with the soy, I bought a few things with soy that I didn't realize and won't be using those. But I found everything I needed there and more! It's not even a trader joe's type place, way smaller...just a shop in town. Even so, I am well armed for my LE diet now.

Makes things sooo much easier since before this (and for my last sway) I was baking everything from scratch and didn't have many foods I allowed myself to eat because I couldn't find low sodium or girl friendly versions of them. Now I can make some yummy food and not have to worry about it.

Just wanted to share in case this helps someone else out!
    Last edited by babydust; March 12th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree!! Just be aware that health food stores do tend to be more expensive than grocery stores. You also have the option to order groceries off Amazon and they can be more affordable that way.

Albertson's, Fred Meyer, and to a lesser extent Safeway, have a wide variety of health foods as well. Of course Whole Foods and Trader Joe's as well.

I personally believe soy is fine for a pink sway in moderation (or you can feed em to your husband!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So true, they might be a bit more expensive. I'll look into Amazon if it takes me a long time to get pregnant.

And that's good news for the soy! I didn't buy a lot, just some low sodium noodles that I can put in the low sodium veggie bullion and some rice pudding snacks. I realized that they were made from soy once I got it home. The noodles said they were tofu, so I guess that's soy. I think I'll have a little bit then, and definitely will feed them to my Dh as well. Wasn't sure if he could have them or not, so that's good!

I had to actually increase my salt intake today, believe it or not! I was waking up with headache's and they weren't going away. Anything I can take for that, during a girl sway...motrin? Well, had a half a banana with some Kefir, and matzah (salted) with two pieces of cheddar (for lunch) and headache went away immediately. Had no salt oat bran for breakfast so at least I got some protein in. Do you think I could be having sodium withdrawal...or is it a sign of low potassium?? Not really restricting potassium, just going less on the tomatoes, no potatoes (yet), and low on the banana's. Otherwise I'm not counting the potassium levels in my food. Gonna make the mini quesadilla's you listed in the girl section. Think the protein, salt, and potassium will do me good today
    Last edited by babydust; March 12th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be either or something else all together. I really do think you need to keep a closer eye on the potassium because it is just SOOO important to your health and well being. 2500-3500 mg a day! Too little sodium is not great for you either, it's just that it's easier for most people to get sodium than it is potassium.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, definitely something I will keep an eye out for! Definitely think I got my fair share of potassium and sodium last night with my spur of the moment cheat, haha. Going to get some of the coconut water on amazon. I can't seem to find it in the stores, and I like that I can drink a little bit if I feel that I need a potassium boost instead of having something more nutritious. Banana's always work for me asap, but I want to keep that for a once in a while treat.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking I was having issues with low potassium, because I had at least a couple weeks there where I was having a lot of heart palpitations. Now, that was also when I was actively losing weight (I'm now holding steady at slightly under 99 lbs.). But I did make some additions to my diet: apples (without skin), cooked broccoli and cauliflower (they say that raw veggies are better than cooked because the cooking process leaches out some of the nutrients ... which in this case is good) and I've also been having a serving of ice cream (1/2 cup) at the end of dinner pretty much every day. So whether it's the steadied weight or the added foods, the funky heart stuff has resolved.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for sharing dramabird! I will add those foods as well if I start feeling "off" again. It helped a lot, feel better today

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for updating DB! I'm really glad it cleared up.