Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting pregnant quickly - does it "sway"?

This may be a dumb question, but if you get pregnant fast, does it mean you are more likely to have a boy? I think I read somewhere that since swaying pink reduces fertility you shouldn't fall pregnant faster than when you had a boy..

I've also noticed that most of my friends who got pregnant from their first or second try, got boys. Me included, with DS we succeeded after 2 cycles. Now I'm in 2ww waiting anxiously to test and thinking that if I'm pregnant this must be a boy (this is our first month of TTC)..

Any comments appreciated!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a little nervous too b/c we conceived with a 'good' sway on the second try. However, I know LOTS of friends IRL that got pg fast with girls. On the flip side, I know TONS of gals who tried forever and finally got pg w/ a boy. I think sometimes those trying to hard BOOST fertility and that leads to a boy (pre-seed, robistussen, better diet, etc.)

I know for sure that Zanacal off this sight got pregnant with her girl on the first try while swaying.

I think luck plays a big roll....and the stage of fertility you are normally in. The Fertile Myrtels of the world, even with reduced fertility, will still prob. get preg. in the first 3 months.

Hope your get your BFP and hope it's a girl!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you get your girl too!! Enjoy your pregnancy!

My sway is/was far from perfect so that's why I'm a bit worried.. I'll post my "sway" to swaying section if I get BFP.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really think people who are super fertile have more boys.. just from what I've seen and experienced myself. I got pg first month trying with 1DS, we weren't even trying 2nd time around but only DTD 2x that whole month lol. BUT then I have a friend, who tried forever, she has a boy, but she was on clomid and that seems to produce more boys. You never know what fertility meds people are on who get pregnant, I do think that has a lot to do with it. But, honestly, when we sway, if I get pg the first month (please God please LOL) and if I swayed super hard which is completely opposite of everything i usually do I think I'll have a higher chance of a girl.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pg first try with ds1 and ds3. Took ages to conceive ds2. Hope you get your girl! Good luck!
    2007 2010 2012

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pg 1st try with DS1 and DS2
    2004, 2007, 2011, mmc 1/12

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fertility is said to sway blue.

That said, I have 3DD, never had a m/c, and every one of them was a first-month-trying baby ... except the 1st who was a BCP fail baby. So I'd say myself and DH are fertile but it didn't work blue in our favor.

I can also tell you there are many, many other multi-girl mom's who got pg 1st month with their DD's. So don't worry ... getting pg quickly really doesn't mean it's a boy!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you'll find plenty of examples (even just on this site!) of ladies who conceived both boys and girls on their first attempt. Lower sperm count/fertility should sway pink and vice versa for blue - but lower fertility doesn't mean no fertility and there are plenty of variations on the scale of 'normal'.

Also, I know plenty of ladies who had an 'oops' and had a girl - if you only DTD once in your fertile window then there are less sperm available to fertilise the egg even if the man has a high count.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived at first attempt every single time (in fact, my first son was an accident) and have had both genders. I dont know what I am currently carrying, but I conceived with 2 weeks abstinence (dh is 37!) and a one off try at o+12 using Sylk, pretty much same what I did for my dd.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant first attempt with every pregnancy except now...on cycle #3 TTC a boy!! And I have been pregnant a lot!! That's a LOT of OHW!!!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast