Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Quick advice, please! Should we DTD one more time?

Okay, so I got a + on a cheapie OPK strip yesterday (probably around 6 p.m.) and the first peak symbol on my Clearblue Easy fertility monitor this morning. My temp was still low. So those signs combined would point to me most likely ovulating today.

We DTD last night, the night before that and the night before that. So, if I do ovulate today, we will have DTD on O-1, O-2 and O-3. We tried to DTD this morning, but DH just couldn't quite make it happen, poor guy. (He was doing FR 2x daily for 9-10 days prior to our first attempt, also released and dumped the mornings of all three of our attempts and is on three licorice root a day. So he was just too spent! ).

Anyhow, my question is this: Should we have him come home from work today at noon to get another attempt in? It will probably still be prior to ovulation, but theoretically just hours before. Is it worth it, for his stress, and since most conceptions are going to happen from the day or two before ovulation, anyway? Or are we doing enough fertility-lowering things (RepHresh, Sylk, zyrtec, tighty-whiteys, licorice root, FR) that we are in need of that fourth attempt?

FWIW, I didn't realize that ovulation was going to happen this soon (I swear that Vitex has made O come earlier), so our O-2 and O-3 attempts were doggy style (oops!) and only last night's was missionary. No big O for me with any of them (although last night came darn close). So I don't know if that will mean higher sperm count up in my nether regions, even without a fourth attempt.

Thoughts? It's 8:30 a.m. (CST) right now, so I have about three hours to call DH if I'm going to tell him he doesn't need to come home at lunch time.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by dramabird; April 16th, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmm I'd perhaps tell him a white lie (that you have probably already OVed) and see if he will BD "for fun" with one last attempt!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    hmm I'd perhaps tell him a white lie (that you have probably already OVed) and see if he will BD "for fun" with one last attempt!
    Good one!
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, we did end up going for a fourth attempt. And I'll tell you, it almost ended up being a bust just like the morning. Poor DH, it just wasn't working for him. He could get excited and, ah, have the appropriate response ... but then during the actual event, he said he was having a tough time registering any sensation. But I suppose that since he has released (mostly by himself, plus our few attempts) 24 times in 12 days, that's a lot to ask of a fellow! We ended up with success, but it came at a cost ... poor DH feels rather embarrassed/demoralized about the whole thing.

In fact, he said if things didn't work this cycle, maybe we ought to go back to abstaining for next cycle!

But here's hoping we get our BFP for this month and don't have to restrategize!!
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goodluck dramabird.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I"m glad you tried again but sorry it took a toll on DH. I really really do not think that much release was necessary - could you compromise and do FR, just not quite THAT frequent??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ