Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender shock after a decade of gender disappointment!

So I am sitting in shock and finding it very difficult to take it in and really feel the need to tell my story...
    On our first pregnancy, I just assumed it would be a girl. We didn't find out the gender during the pregnancy and it took me a week to ten days after the birth to come to terms with the fact that it was a boy.

On number two, we did a gentle sway - vitamins, timing, positions, diet. Though it took us a while to get pregnant and had kind-of given up the swaying by the time conception happened, deciding a baby sooner was better than keeping at swaying with no baby. Though I had arrogantly thought "Well, I have my boy. Sure of course the next one will be a girl!" Found out the gender at the anomaly scan and dealt with the fact that it was another boy before the birth.

Number three was fairly similar though we did a harder sway and kept at it. Again, boy. Again, gender disappointment. This time was way worse than the others though. For about three months, I couldn't face meeting any of my friends who have daughters and I got depressed. Had dealt with it by the birth and again love my boys, all three of them.

At that stage, we both decided that we could not face that disappointment again. I gave up on my dream of having a girl and accepted that I would only be a mother of boys. For number four, no swaying at all. We, along with everyone else, just accepted that it would be a fourth boy.

But we got the shock of our lives yesterday at the scan when the sonographer said that it is 100% definitely a girl. We didn't know what to say, other than to keep asking how sure she was! We walked out of there in shock. We are gradually coming to realise that we will finally have a girl in our house.

Dh admitted to me after the scan that HE had swayed up to conception but didn't tell me because he didn't want me to be disappointed if it didn't work and also because it was easier for him to sway without the pressure! He did hot baths, tight undies and I don't know what else.

So now, I have the exact opposite. Its a girl and I don't know what to think! Every other time, I went in thinking "This will be the girl" and it was a boy. This time I went in assuming it would be a boy and its a girl!

Its great news. But I'm kind-of afraid to get too happy about it. Does that make sense?! I just can't allow myself to get down like I did the last time. But she did say 100% definite!

Anyone else experienced gender shock?!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, huge congratulations and what an a amazing thing your husband did!!
    That is just awesome!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww, congrats and what a great DH you have!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your dream come true!!

Well I guess you swayed in your own way though, not physically, but mentally.
    Because you were not obsessed with the outcome, you let go and did not overstress, (which according to the maternal dominance hypothesis sways blue).
    So being relaxed and accepting things as they come (with some physical swaying tactics by your DH) helped you succeed!!!
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

6. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!! I know exactly how you feel. My eldest son is 10, then 7 & 3. Although i tried to sway this time i was rubbish at the diet. We had a mc the month before this pg and i hadn't been eating much as i was so ill. I stuck to one attempt. However we were convinced it would be a boy. 12 week scan the lady said looks like a boy. Then at 14 weeks my harmony result said girl!! I was in gender shock... I sobbed and spent the following days shaking my head. For 24 hours i was on such a high!! Then the "what if its wrong" kicked in. I've had scans at 17,18,20,27 & 28 weeks and am only now believing it might be true lol! Its something i dreamed of, but never ever imagined we would get so lucky. Its truly magical. Enjoy x
    Edit - my longed for daughter arrived safely on 30/11/14. She is 4 weeks old and snuggled on my chest as i type. Still can't believe she is here!! She is tiny and perfect and we are all smitten with her. Love her so much. We are in awe that she is ours... We truly never imagined that we would have a daughter, it's still not sunk in yet she is our little miracle. (thanks to atomics advice!!) xx
    Last edited by Mrs_Incredible; November 29th, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

8. Thanks KidAtHeart thanked for this post
    Likes ALLPINK1 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Lovely story x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing story, so happy for you Huge congrats!!!! Go shop pink
    ...oh I am so ready for a gender shock!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! I know it seems shocking, but it is completely possible!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!! What an amazing story and what a wonderful DH you have!
    Did HT in summer and got BFP - OHW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast