Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Penelope's home birth story

Born at home via a planned home birth 11/6/14, 7#4oz, 19.75" at 11:17PM. 33 minutes of active labor!

I started to have contractions that day but they were irregular and ranged from every 15-30 minutes, sometimes closer, but mostly about 15 min apart. I also was finally having bloody show after weeks of loosing my plug. I had a midwife apt that morning and I told her how things were going. She thought I was in early labor. I stayed that way all day. The contractions I did have were really intense and had a lot of pressure and were what I considered 'pushy contractions'. The midwife wanted to come over once I started having contractions 5 min apart, if they were intense, or if there was a lot of pressure. I told her she probably should come over then. MW came over at around 8 and then her assistant came maybe 30 min later? I sat there walking the room and JC (my cat lol) was walking the room with me. It was so cute. Every 15 min or so I had an intense pushy contraction I would have to stop, focus, breath and moan through. I tried to remember to keep my shoulders down, my mouth loose and body relaxed the best I could and I think I did really well. I let DH sleep in the other room until it was go time. At around 10:00 my MW talked me into laying down on my right side to see if that would help. I got some rest between contractions but they were still about 17 min apart. Then I got up to pee at 10:44 and she must have flipped at that point to the left (Loa) and shit got real. The contractions were probably every 3-4 min lasting 1.5-2. I asked her if we should be filling the pool yet. But the had already started or tried to... We bought the wrong kind of hose!! We bough soaker hose which has holes in it!! So then they were going to try to fill with buckets and stuff but that was going to take too much time so we headed to the bath tub. She didn't think I'd be able to stand in the shower for deliver. Didn't think I'd have enough energy. So they go to filling the tub and I made the slow treck down the hall the bathroom. I got there and had to pee so I bypassed the tub to head to the toilet and didn't make it. I got half stripped and peed on my pants and stuff the next contraction. At the same time my water broke but I just thought I was peeing. The next contraction water went shooting everywhere and I dropped into a low squat and delivered her head. That's the first time I've ever felt the ring of fire. Odd! DH climbed over her head spider man style, lol and got behind me in time to help support me and let me fall backwards against him and that contraction I delivered the rest of her. Two min later I delivered the placenta. OMG by he after pains aren't something to be joking with!! But after 6 kids I should have expected it. They are doing much better now. I had them grab my motrin first thing to help with those! We got me back into bed and she took her time but nursed after maybe 30 min. And did good! Linda said she'd probably want to sleep for most of the night and would wake much to nurse but not to worry she would wake today and want to eat. We left the cord intact for at least an hour and she wasn't given a bath so the microbes and vernix could stay with her. I made it through with NO tears!! Out of 6 babies, my first I didn't tear with!

Found out she's O+ so I had to get the rhogam shot too. She's such a tiny thing!!! After she told me she was thinking 8# I thought for sure nothing would fit and it would be too small. Nope it's all so big on her!!
    Head circ was 13.75, chest 12.75cm.

Name:  penelope1.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  92.1 KB
    Last edited by greeneyes; November 14th, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's beautiful! Congrats to you. x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my, she's adorable! Awesome birth story and congrats from one home birther to another! Home births ROCK! I can't believe you already had your baby-- I was in the same sway group with you way back in the beginning! Congrats!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats . She is adorable! You are one lucky mummy xxx
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations she is adorable xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi green eyes thanks for coming back to update!! Big congrats on your little lady Penelope xxx
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! she is beautiful, love the name...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! Beautiful baby and beautiful story!!!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's gorgeous Jamie!! So happy for you!!

and OMG I agree about the afterpains. that is one thing they don't put in the MOM (mom of many) handbook.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations she is adorably cute
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast