Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mrs_Incredible - my baby girl arrived safe and sound!!! (3 sons & now my DD completes our family) xx

I have 3 beautiful boys and my longed for daughter arrived 30/10/14 at 38 weeks via (my first) csection as she was breech. 6lb 7.5oz of awe in my arms at last!! Awe was the overriding emotion for weeks after, love is slowly taking over, but awe is the only way I can explain how it felt to have my daughter. We still shake our heads at the wonder of producing a daughter after all these years.

My husband and I couldn't be happier, we truly believed after ds3 that we couldn't make a girl. We swayed for 10 months back on ig and had 2 losses. Ds3 is my gd baby, I had hope before my gender scan that he would be a she. I cried and grieved for my never to be daughter. He stole my heart the second he was born. I had bonded with him by doing his nursery up, buying sweet clothes and blankets and the most gorgeous bedding for his cot. It all helped

However because I wanted one last baby dh agreed to number 4. I wanted to even up the numbers. Didn't for a second imagine that we would somehow get our daughter this time. We got our plan from atomic. Then procrastinated for 6 months, then my sister against the odds fell pg. She is diabetic and her pg was high risk. I immediately put ttc on hold. This was her time and we just didn't know how things would go. (Her ds is 11 months and just perfect!)

I sucked trying to diet, always have. I was more aware now but far from doing le. We fell pg in January 2014. I felt awful, sick, yucky, tired, sore boobs the whole 9 yards. However my digital test stuck at 2-3 weeks. I knew that wasn't right, it ended in a blighted ovum at just over 6 weeks. But I was prepared as my bloods and digital test all prepared me for the worst. MC was confirmed on Valentine's Day. The worst part was thinking it was ectopic and thinking I might lose a tube. I was 38 and didn't need any more hurdles.

I hadn't eaten much during that pg as I felt so awful and my appetite only resurfaced a few days before I ovulated (2 weeks after the start of the MC) and somehow atomics advice for one attempt kept me strong against the natural urge to get in more attempts to catch the next egg. So I had 8 weeks of not eating well or much, one attempt and the MC swaying for me. After my fertile window was over I second guessed the one attempt. I really felt I should have gone for it as the MC was on my side, I'm soooooo glad I listened to the wise one we call atomic lol. I was blown away to get pg on one attempt coming off the MC.

Then the doubt set in .... I should have done the diet properly. I mean how weak am I that food and an appetite couldn't be controlled to get the one thing in the world that I dreamed of over everything else!? The pg floored me. I had a constant hungover feeling. Felt so ill. Tired. Pretty sorry for myself. After my sister having high risk of downs pg I wanted to do the harmony test which is new to the uk. The gender was a bonus. I just wanted to get the "hope" out of the way and make peace with my 4th son. His name was picked, I bought so much for ds3 and my sister had loads from my nephew. We were set. We even booked a holiday as this baby boy genuinely wouldn't need much!!

I had a scan at 6 weeks, saw the hb. Was discharged from early pg unit. Had a bit of a bleed at 8 weeks and they saw me again, all looked great, gave me a follow up at 10 weeks just to keep me sane, the mw was lovely! At the 12 week scan the sonographer heard we had 3 boys and did a potty shot, sure enough there was a turtle "that looks to far out to turn into a girl *clutching at straws she added* but it is early". We left happy that the baby looked good. A bit quiet about it being a son but no tears or anything, just quiet acceptance. After all in our hearts we knew it would be. I bought him a wee blue vest BORN IN 2014. We went home and told the boys they were going to have a new little brother. They didn't know I was pregnant, we wanted to know things looked ok first. They were happy and by telling them we thought it was a boy there was no hoping it might be a girl, as the older 2 have always wanted a little sister.

The next day I went for harmony test. A few days later I had another bleed. I was really upset, and if we lost the baby I wouldn't be able to pay for the test again as it was quite expensive. I got checked and all was well. The next 2 weeks dragged in. I just needed closure. I stalked my email. My tummy was in knots on top of the feeling awful. I was scared I would be sad and suffer badly as this time I knew it was our last for many reasons. Worst of all that 1% of hope I had kept surfacing, that was just cruel.

A few days before the 2 weeks was up the harmony email arrived. I locked myself in my room. Took deep breaths. Gave myself a little talking too. At least it wasn't a phone call from the doc as that meant they had found something. My baby was healthy. That was all that mattered. More deep breaths. And then my world tipped ... XX foetus? I couldn't see straight. I felt woozy. Did I read it wrong?! Then I kind of wailed and cried and hyperventilated. Then I emailed the doc to ask him if it was a girl?!? Then I pulled myself together, dh got in from work, I nipped to the shops and bought pink things and a card to write out to tell dh that he would have a daughter. We were in a daze. Kept shaking our heads. We were on cloud 9!

I had a gender scans as I started to worry I was in the less than 1% that the test is wrong for.

However, she is here, looks so much like ds3 at birth that it was doubly surreal. It was my only section and although it wasn't ideal, I couldn't risk losing her by trying to deliver her knowing she was breech. The last few days I was so anxious to see her arrive safely. Fear that something would go wrong at the last minute. The spinal and section wasn't as bad as I feared. She was so worth it.

I truly believe that although I didn't do a proper sway, atomic said it was a laid back one! that she would not be here had it not been for atomics advice and for that I am sooo thankful. I believe the one attempt and being ill for 2 months (acted like le) plus the MC swayed for me. I would definitely done more than one attempt and am so glad that I stuck to atomics advice.

7 weeks in and it's still feeling like a dream. I'm delighted to announce the birth of another gd success story (even if it was not my first class swaying that brought her here, more of a fluke!!)

Edit - sorry for the essay, it all kind of came tumbling out! I wanted to add a beautiful memory that will stay with me. My eldest who has just turned 11 was so overcome from emotion when he met her, he was crying happy tears and it was so moving to see him with his little sister. He adores her and she stole his heart the second he laid eyes on her.
    Last edited by Mrs_Incredible; December 20th, 2014 at 04:08 AM.
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is beautiful how everything worked out and of course she is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Junie; December 19th, 2014 at 08:57 AM.
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my she is absolutley gorgeous!! Massive massive congrats! So pleased for you
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is beautiful! Congrats!
    2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So cute! Congrats on the birth of your daughter x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mrs_Incredible - my baby girl arrived safe and sound!!! (3 sons & now my DD c...

Name:  P1230396.JPG
Views: 1463
Size:  3.89 MB

This is baby E in the BORN IN 2014 (boys!!) vest we bought after our 12 week scan xx
    Last edited by Mrs_Incredible; December 20th, 2014 at 06:58 AM.
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

7. Likes Almost Complete, Aura, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww congratulations. She is so cute.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hun, you've made me cry all over again!!! especially reading the part about your ds1 holding her and crying happy tears!!!

Shes absolutely gorgeous and I love seeing her beautiful pics on fb. Huge congrats again, shes just perfect x x

Cycle one, Genesis Feb 2013, 2xx BFN :-(
    Cycle two, Genesis June 2013, 3xx BFN :-(
    Cycle three, Genesis May 2014, 2xx 7dpt BFP!! 1st Beta 11dpt 405.7 :-) 2nd Beta 15dpt 2304. 6wks 6days 1 Heartbeat seen!!!
    12 week scan shows a beautiful baby, very happy!!!!!
    20 week scan all perfect and it really is a GIRL!!!

Our little daughter is finally here, safe and sound x

10. Likes Aura liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Oh hun, you've made me cry all over again!!! especially reading the part about your ds1 holding her and crying happy tears!!!

Shes absolutely gorgeous and I love seeing her beautiful pics on fb. Huge congrats again, shes just perfect x x
    I welled up there reading this! What are we like lol xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you atomic

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah the feeling of holding your little girl in your arms after so much longing and yearning! It's incredible! Congratulations! x
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

13. Likes Aura liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast