Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aww Congratulations to you!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I joined an Australian FB page and thought it was secret. I was mortified when a friend asked me "if I had something to tell her". Needless to say I unjoined that group that night. I was just lucky she told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011, 2013 and due in Dec 2015 - thank you ATOMIC!!!

3. Likes vickyaust liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a similar problem with Facebook as Sunbuny. I liked Dr Potters Gender Selection page and a friend messaged me asking if I knew that she got a notification that I liked it. I was so horrified.
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats Loco76!

You can set up facebook to not show pages that you like and also not show notifications but this is just for pages. I can't remember exactly how to do it but if you google something like 'how to hide liked pages on facebook' there are instructions.

Unfortunately if you join a Public or Closed group other people can see that you are a member so you have to be careful if you don't want people knowing what you are doing. I have chose to not join some groups for this reason!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Determined View Post
    Congrats and may I ask if you view facebook can people on your friends list see that?
    Hi there. The closed group that I have created on facebook does not allow other people to see your posts. Only people in the closed groups will be able to see it. It will appear on your feed however has a little symbol under your name which indicates that it is only seen by people in the same closed group. Definitely scary when you see it come up on your feed however your friends will not see it unless they are part of the closed group

Hope this helps.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your baby girl!

It's not about who can see your posts, it's the fact that your friends can see that you are a member of this group, ergo you are announcing to all your FB-friends that you have done gender selection for your girl. You might not want them to know this! That is why the group needs to be secret not closed. I would never ever ever join a closed group about this topic because someone on my FB list is going to see that I am a member, most likely many people will see it. I probably wouldn't even join a secret group, I don't want my personal identity to be known even among fellow HT-ladies.
    Last edited by Claire33; May 8th, 2015 at 04:33 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    congratulations

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. We can highly recommend Dr Bradford Kolb from HRC Pasadena - Los Angeles. The company we went through in Australia is kolbfertility.com.au. Hayley and Graeme are the local support and helped us with everything - from memory they are from the Gold Coast, Queensland.
    Last edited by loco76; October 26th, 2017 at 04:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12