Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My MIL was here the other day and told me that her neighbor (who I've never met), has started knitting for my baby, because it's a girl. Instead of being grateful (which I am of course!), I got really annoyed inside and thought "If this was a boy, I guess you wouldn't be knitting then". I didn't say anything to my MIL, but now I wish I did. I wish I'd just asked "Would she not be knitting if this was a boy?" But I didn't. Maybe for the best, in order not to sound bitter and ungrateful

2. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire33 View Post
    My MIL was here the other day and told me that her neighbor (who I've never met), has started knitting for my baby, because it's a girl. Instead of being grateful (which I am of course!), I got really annoyed inside and thought "If this was a boy, I guess you wouldn't be knitting then". I didn't say anything to my MIL, but now I wish I did. I wish I'd just asked "Would she not be knitting if this was a boy?" But I didn't. Maybe for the best, in order not to sound bitter and ungrateful
    It's super hard biting ones tongue, in these cases when we feel so protective over the babies we are carrying. I think you made the right decision. I think for most people, even close family members, the baby is as abstract as their gender. For us mothers though, the baby is very real, a person. This makes it easy for them to trivialize certain things that are very real for us.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true what XX says. I also get commends on the next one being a girl, ugh if they only knew... But nope, they all forgot I already had a girl. I think I would be a lion once I'm pregnant, regardless of the gender of my baby. But maybe I'd be tougher if it's a boy, as I will not have anyone insult me and my family and especially not a precious little baby! But people really don't think too much before they open their mouths and they don't feel the connection with the baby as we do.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi I have one boy and three girls, and some idiot told me that he would be so in minority, and feel alone ... that comments hurt me a lot ...

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boum View Post
    Hi I have one boy and three girls, and some idiot told me that he would be so in minority, and feel alone ... that comments hurt me a lot ...
    Don't pay attention to what stupid people say! My DH has a cousin who is the oldest of his three sisters. They are all so close! He is best friends with his sisters and is always there for them! He is a manly man, don't get me wrong, but he is super close with his sisters!

Hugs!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boum View Post
    I think that's a special family makeup, though.

My grandma is one of 6 girls and then finally 2 boys (the youngest), and one of the boys passed away in childhood. So i have a big soft spot for families with girls and then one boy!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Aura liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not meaning to sound insensitive, but curious as to why that bothers you? Yes of course he will be in the minority, as will my DD (she has 3 older brothers) but doesn't mean that he won't have a great and happy life with loads of love. I should think his sisters absolutely dote on him, lucky boy, and think of all of the girlfirends they will provide him with when he is older.... I know my boys all dote on their sister so she is one very lucky little girl who will always have her brothers their for her.

12. Likes Aura, atomic sagebrush, XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there is a little bit of a stereotype of the boy with a lot of big sisters that he's spoiled/effeminate/henpecked and I think the all-girl moms get that one more than we do.

I have had some pretty nasty remarks from people to my daughter like "boy I feel sorry for you". :/ IF only they knew she is the most cherished little girl with all her big bad brothers having a soft spot for her.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234