Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Annoying comments when you actually get your DG?

Right now I'm in a situation I thought I'd never be in, which is actually getting my DG. I'm in a state of disbelief. I'm not even sure if I should post this, as I've been on "the other side" for so long that I don't want to be smug or hurt anyone's feelings with this "complaint". But I just wonder if other people in my situation recognize this? Only me and DH know of my GD, I've never let a shimmer of it show to anyone else. And now that we're getting our DG, I find myself getting annoyed at other people's comments and excitement about this being a girl. Just as I did when they once commented on "yet another boy" in my previous pregnancies, or "hopefully a girl this time" comments. This time people are so excited that I feel myself getting annoyed at them. Would they not be excited if it was another boy? How would they react if this was a 4th boy? Are my 3 boys not good enough for them? I just downplay the whole thing and pretend it's not a big deal. Of course it's a big deal for me, but it's none of their business. If they just said "Oh, that's nice, a girl after 3 boys" it would be okay. But they are jumping up and down for joy and getting all teary-eyed, so I just look away and pretend I don't see it. Again, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I've lived in the GD-world for 8 years, so I really don't want to offend anyone or seem ungrateful. I am very grateful, but I feel like I am still living with the effects of GD, and am feeling very protective over my sons at the moment. I might even consider to pretend to be Team Green from now on, just in order to avoid the overly joyous reactions of people, because I feel it's unfair to my sons. Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, it totally annoyed me too. I didn't tell anyone until the birth but comments like 'what will you do if you have another boy?' from a relative with a pp really hurt. Like my boys arent good enough. And the over joy after the birth was totally felt too. it's hard. It has gotten a lot better since the birth/newborn phase and I really don't think much about it now, almost 3 years later..

3. Likes aussiesmiler, Claire33 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe they have experienced or know people who experienced GD also? My 5yo actually asked if I wanted a girl a couple of days ago at Disneyland, so even he thinks a mix of genders is preferable?
    If someone told me they were having a 4th I wouldn't be able to say that's great because I wouldn't feel it is, congrats on your pregnancy xx
    07 09 (opposite shettles) 12 (failed sway) Sway: Apr 13 Nov 13
    HT#1 cycle May 14 (SART) 1 XX but BFN from Aug 14 FET...we're going to HRC 2015, BFN Mar 15 also. 3 boys in my family- that's us!!

5. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I now get comments like " finally you get your girl" like I had to have two boys to get her. Makes me cross to think my boys are looked at as nothing! But I think people just don't know they say stupid things. My friend who is also pregnant with her 3rd baby already has both genders and people say to her "why are you having anymore? You already have one of each!" I don't think anyone escapes the comments. I try to just ignore them and it does help that I now am carrying my DG to do that.
    DS1 2011 DS2 2013. Successful sway August 2015

7. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes Claire33, aussiesmiler liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Claire I 100% feel like this too. It's such a strange position to find yourself in after years of wanting it to come true but I think you're right, it's a reaction to the many years of feeling protective of your boys and gd feelings. I wish I could jump up and down in joy with the people I tell too, but it makes me sad to think that they would have been disappointed for me had I had another boy. If id had another boy I would have wanted them to jump up and down and tell me how wonderful it is. But I know that wouldn't have happened. I decided to tell people at 16 weeks that I know this one is a girl so that by the time she arrives it will be old news and I won't be dealing with these feelings then. What a mind f*** xx
    2007 2010 2012 2015

9. Likes Mumof3girls, Claire33 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am getting all sorts of comments too like oh thank god its a boy & are you finally done now & the worst one is when people say don't you already have 7 kids & I get so upset & I say no I have 8 kids. I have also heard people say to my friend why do you want a third you have one of each. What's it to people how many kids we have anyway. Why do they need to be part of our decision making. We have also told everyone we are having a boy after 3 girls & hopefully all the nasty comments are gone by the time he arrives. (I know what you mean Deaks)
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

11. Likes Claire33, aussiesmiler liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I anticipate a similar response to our announcement. After 4 boys we went HT and I'm now 3 months pregnant with my girl.
    1st Marriage 1999 2002
    2nd Marriage 2008 2011
    #1 Dogus N Cyprus BFN
    HT July -Aug 2015 - Too beautiful for this world
    Sep 2015 FET at Clinic R CZ BFN
    Due July 2016 with a rainbow natural conception

13. Likes Claire33 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes Claire people say the stupidest things! I have been told it "took me three goes to get it right". I have also been extremely sensitive of those mummas at school or friends who I know would love their DG. I think you are right we are just working our way through the effects of GD still even though we have our DG. I still get pangs sometimes when I forget I have DG and see my DG family out and about - bizarre! I think Ugee is right just ignore the comments if you can they should subside as your pregnancy progresses XX

15. Likes aussiesmiler, Boom, Claire33, Ugee liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also got a lot of "oh good thing it's a girl, you would have cracked up otherwise" ya know because I was that close to the brink that another handsome little man to love would have just driven me right round the bend. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am one of those "crazy folks" who had another baby after our DG. And the comments you get there will also screw with your head. I did tend to get annoyed by the implication that my sons were not good enough when we were expecting our daughter. People said "FINALLY, a girl!"....which just seemed so silly. I had two boys, not 15! But, it didn't bother me quite so much because I was pretty thrilled to be getting a girl. And I didn't suffer a ton of GD before her, so maybe my take on it was a tad less intense than some.

BUT, we went team green for our fourth and the comments about drove me wild. "Oh, I bet you are hoping for a girl!" "Oh, what will you do if you end up with three boys?" "Your daughter just needs a sister!" "Two and two is so perfect." And we just didn't care, we wanted a healthy, happy little baby (which we got). But it made me feel that folks wouldn't be excited if we delivered a boy or that we somehow failed if we didn't produce the perfect 50-50 split. Thankfully, my son seems to have been welcomed with much excitement and we got less of those comments after he was here than before. But, yeah, I feel you. People need to stop talking! Haha.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

18. Thanks kitkat18, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Claire33, mommymachine liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast