Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Luck Am I swaying for a boy or a girl?

Hi everyone! I already have a son and we are going to TTC for my last pregnancy (we want only 2 kids) so I'm rooting for a girl this time, but I have just learned about this forum so I'm not doing EVERYTHING as I should to sway pink in this first cycle.

HORMONES: Since I have very long cycles (60 days sometimes) I took Femara prior to Ov and Duphaston in the 10 days after (ov will be confirmed with opk). So this will decrease estrogen and increase progesterone.

DIET: I have been Intermittent Fasting for the past month and for the past 2 days I have been eating mainly greek yogurt and cream and cheese (I will ov in less than a week) and will keep fasting 16 to 18h a day and eating mostly dairy for the next week. I also lost 7 lbs in the past 2 months and still losing weight.

pH: I don't have a clue... I was eating low carb, medium protein, high fat and intermittent fasting for a while. I am not sure my diet was making my body acidic or alkaline. I might use a water+lime douche prior to BD but I guess that's all I can do this cycle.

TIMING: we will be having a mini-vacation in the countryside near a lake, so lots of rest, no laptops, having some wine at night and hopefully BDing 2 days prior to O day. Planning to missionary, jump and dump... and I guess that's it!

IONS: Also it will be new moon day, in the summer, low solar activity forecast...

SUPPLEMENTS: some pre-natal vitamins with folic acid, calcium, magnesium, B and E vitaminc, zinc and iron...

Am I swaying for a pink or do I need to change/add something? What do you suggest?

P.S - I just had sushi today!!! I though rice and fish was ok but then I guess soy sauce has too much sodium?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I am not really exercising, had no idea cardio was such a big sway for girls! Can I start now even only for a couple of days before Ov? Or should I leave it to the next cycle? Can I stop as soon as I ovulate?

I understand that 60 mins of cardio 6-7 days a week create the conditions that tell our body that we are running from predators, which together with Intermittent Fasting it will help the body think we are going through a famine and therefore swaying for a girl... It makes perfect sense.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High fat sways blue so if you could do a sane but lower-nutrient diet that would be better. Fiber, coffee, and alcohol also help. I would skip the supplements (except folate--everyone TTC should take folate) and not worry about sodium, ph, or ions. Cutoffs don't matter but having only one attempt helps, so that part of your plan sounds fine. Lime douching isn't really recommended. I don't know anything about IF but it sounds like it should sway pink.
    Last edited by trifecta; June 29th, 2016 at 04:27 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!!! I find it really hard to eat low everything and still have low blood sugar, because as soon as I have any carb blood sugar spikes. Guess the best way to accomplish that was to fast 5-7 days until Ov. I guess you can't go lower nutrient, lower blood sugar than that! (jk)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you taking Femara and Duphaston on your doctor's orders?? Because if you're making this type of dose up, you are very much going to mess with your cycle seriously.

Femara should be taken CD 2-6 or 3-7 or 4-8 or 5-9. No later than that. You should not be taking Femara at any time other than on those days.

Duphaston - you should not need to use this if you do not have a short LP and Femara also fixes a short LP. If you DO have a short LP, you are supposed to continue Duphaston throughout the first trimester of pregnancy. Taking it for 10 days after ovulation is nonsensical and may cause you to have chemical pregnancies as your body gets used to progesterone at a certain level and then it drops and your body interprets this as the pregnancy ending and sloughs off the lining.

Progesterone has never been shown to do anything for swaying. I've read the evidence for prog swaying pink and it is biologically impossible.

Diet - that is not the type of diet I would recommend and I prefer you guys eat a much more balanced diet.

Acid-alkaline diet has been completely debunked. You can douche if you like but I prefer you guys avoid douching after since it really cuts odds of conception.

Timing is at your discretion (most of us on here have timing opposites but it's always up to you guys) I just want you to be sure you stick to only one attempt in the fertile window. For reasons we do not truly know, one attempt has been a strong pink sway and I hate to see people trying for timing but then doing like 3 attempts since that has really swayed blue for us. One attempt and then do timing if you so choose.

all those supps are doing to sway strongly pink and you are also overdosing yourself if you are taking a prenatal along with Vits. B, C E, zinc, and iron too.

Take cal-mag at your discretion if you believe in them. Reduce prenatals to 3x a week and take 1200-1600 mcg folic every day (you are going to need it eating nothing but milk and cheese!) STay on the extra folic/folate till the end of the first tri and then wean off. I would have you wean off the B, E, zinc, and iron now (if you don't do prenatals, you should probably continue the iron 3x a week instead because a diet of nothing but dairy will give you anemia). Since you do believe in pH then you can continue 500 mg Vit. C (no more than that) daily and then at BFP wean that back to amount in prenatal.

Sushi is my number one fave atomic approved pink cheat. We have all but given up on the sodium restriction and our results have only gone UP since we did. I would not even worry about that at all!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks mummy2boys thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie84 View Post
    Also I am not really exercising, had no idea cardio was such a big sway for girls! Can I start now even only for a couple of days before Ov? Or should I leave it to the next cycle? Can I stop as soon as I ovulate?

I understand that 60 mins of cardio 6-7 days a week create the conditions that tell our body that we are running from predators, which together with Intermittent Fasting it will help the body think we are going through a famine and therefore swaying for a girl... It makes perfect sense.
    WE used to think we needed to hold off on starting cardio but our results have been SOOO good for so long that I now recommend it even for only a short time. It may be that you don't get pregnant this month anyway so then you'll end up with plenty of time.

you need to continue after ovulation because if you don't get pregnant this month it may help your sway next month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie84 View Post
    Thanks!!! I find it really hard to eat low everything and still have low blood sugar, because as soon as I have any carb blood sugar spikes. Guess the best way to accomplish that was to fast 5-7 days until Ov. I guess you can't go lower nutrient, lower blood sugar than that! (jk)
    You guys are overthinking the blood sugar idea. Trust me, it's my diet, I designed it based on years of research, and LE Diet is designed to lower blood sugar. You don't have to do anything more than that. What you're doing now is not a good healthy diet and I can't sign off on it. That is not LE diet at all and it is not approved by me at all.

I do not want anyone to fast for days coming into O. you're going to delay or even stop ovulation. That is 1000% not LE Diet.

It is FINE for you to eat carbs and have your blood sugar go up for a while after you eat. That is NORMAL. Women around the world are eating carbs right now and getting girls doing that. Carbs have been shown in animal studies to = more girls. After your blood sugar goes up, your body releases insulin that then lowers your blood sugar. If you eat quick burning carbs, this insulin will drop your blood sugar much lower than if you ate nothing (this is actually true!! fasting can make your blood sugar RISE that is why diabetics have to take insulin in the morning even though they have not eaten at all) and then your body is forced to burn off stores of fat as fuel instead, to raise it back into normal range. It is NOT the number on a blood sugar monitor that sways, it most likely when your body is forced to burn those stores of fat to keep you going that sways. WE call it "blood sugar" but it's just a shorthand word for a really complex process. I really urge you to eat a more balanced diet because not only is dairy a lot of protein (which actually keeps blood sugar higher longer after eating than carbs) but that amount of dairy intake has a massive amount of nutrition in it as well.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your replies atomic! I guess I did not explain myself correctly. My doctor prescribed Femara days 3-7 and then Duphaston on days CD16 to CD25 in order to increase the uterus lining which normally is a little too thin. I should expect AF on days 28/29.

Regarding diet, thanks to your recommendations, I did change it to LE during my fertile window, I hope this helps but I know I should have started earlier. My weight did not drop in the days prior to ov, but I did loose a lot of weight in the past 2 months. I read here in the forums moderate exercise sways blue and there is no way I could commit to 60mins of cardio 6-7days a week, so I just did NO exercise at all.

Also had one attempt only in the fertile window CD14, my cm was dry to inexistent. Had mild ovulation cramps on CD15, and today CD16 got EWCM. Which is really odd because i normally have like 3-4 days of fertile cm before EWCM, but I guess Femara dried cm. Starting tonight with duphaston. Have not had any +opk with testing twice a day since CD11, but a lot of people don't get positive results on them, and with EWCM and ov pain I am pretty sure I ovulated yesterday.

Had sushi twice the past week and dropped my supplements, will be starting the pre-natal vitamins today also, in the case I have conceived.

Oh just another thing... I have had a cold and sore throat for a whole week, nothing major, but felt a little run down from CD9 until now, still not feeling 100%. I read today that it sways pink, so that's great news!

Fingers crossed!! Hoping for a baby girl this time around

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok excellent. Sometimes people get medication from a friend and take it in combinations they just kinda make up so I just need to be sure about that (and additionally sometimes other people read something in a thread and misunderstand so I have to always err on the side of being mind numbingly clear, if that makes sense)

Since we aren't totally 110% sure you've ovulated then let's keep going with every 4 days. I also think you may want to call the doc to see what they want you to do regarding the Duphaston. If you start that before you ovulate you may delay or even stop it in its tracks and possibly cause a cyst so I do think they may want you to hold off and possibly even have bloodwork to be sure you Oed.

EWCM and O pain do not reliably tell you when you ovulated and whats more, Femara can change your natural patterns drastically so starting the Duphaston without blood work and a positive OPK makes me very nervous.

I would wait on the prenatals until BFP. The baby doens't need anything this early on and if you do not conceive, you may undermine your sway for next time. But of course your call to make and you need to do what you feel comfy with.

Being sick does sway pink but again that's another thing that may delay O. I would def. give them a call and see if they still want you to start Duphaston without any type of confirmation that O has occured.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't sure about duphaston either and I was getting a bit nervous, so I called the doctor. She told me to wait a couple of days and keep doing OPKs until positive or I could go in the next day for bloodwork. Surely enough, I had a positive OPK that evening! Called the doctor again and she said to do an opk CD17 evening (today), if it's negative I can start 10 days of duphaston then.

So summing it up:
    CD 14 (dawn) - BD
    CD 15 and 16 - O pain and EWCM
    CD 15 evening - positive OPK
    OV probable date - CD 16
    CD 17 evening - starting duphaston if back to negative OPK

So officially in the 2ww and trying to keep my mind busy while waiting for my BFP!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Ok excellent. Sometimes people get medication from a friend and take it in combinations they just kinda make up so I just need to be sure about that (and additionally sometimes other people read something in a thread and misunderstand so I have to always err on the side of being mind numbingly clear, if that makes sense)

Since we aren't totally 110% sure you've ovulated then let's keep going with every 4 days. I also think you may want to call the doc to see what they want you to do regarding the Duphaston. If you start that before you ovulate you may delay or even stop it in its tracks and possibly cause a cyst so I do think they may want you to hold off and possibly even have bloodwork to be sure you Oed.

EWCM and O pain do not reliably tell you when you ovulated and whats more, Femara can change your natural patterns drastically so starting the Duphaston without blood work and a positive OPK makes me very nervous.

I would wait on the prenatals until BFP. The baby doens't need anything this early on and if you do not conceive, you may undermine your sway for next time. But of course your call to make and you need to do what you feel comfy with.

Being sick does sway pink but again that's another thing that may delay O. I would def. give them a call and see if they still want you to start Duphaston without any type of confirmation that O has occured.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast