Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC boy after miscarriage with EPO but w/o fish oil

Hi,
    So long Story short, I have conceived both my pregnancies the first month I took epo. Both took 6 months of trying with opk's before becoming pregnant. I have a daughter and just experienced a miscarriage after trying to sway blue.
    My issue is I want to sway blue again soon and I want to take epo again since it works so well for me but I believe the fish oil may have been to blame for my miscarriage. I pretty much stopped taking it around the same time the miscarriage happend. I do not want to take fish oil this time just in case it was the cause. so, Is it possible to only take epo without the fish oil and just try to eat more foods with high omega 3's rather than taking the fish oil? Or is that too risky to get another girl?
    I also am starting on the HE diet again as well.
    Please help!!
    Thanks!
    (Me)29 (DH)30
    TTC

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what atomic will say but I personally would not stop taking the fish oil. I also doubt that's what caused the miscarriage. I think it's natural to want to. Blame anything we can when we lose a baby we love to miscarriage. The real chances are however something simply went wrong in the early development stages that you had no control over and that's why you miscarried... the only bit of light I can find in this situation if it helps you at all is they have found a lot of miscarriages to be boys so I think there is a good chance your sway worked and the next one would work too and be a healthy happy pregnancy.

Grain of salt, I'm not atomic.. hope you get answers soon and conceive your boy!
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Burakoam. You are exactly right about searching for anything and everything to explain why this could have happened. I also think it was a successful sway too which makes it a little harder to swallow, but also makes me want this next sway to work even more than I did before. While fish oil does make me nervous, if it's the only way to take EPO for a boy sway then I might be open to it. I'm just hoping for another way.
    I know I won't be slacking off on it a second time if I do, that's for sure.
    I appreciate your input.
    (Me)29 (DH)30
    TTC

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I want you off both of them if you want to be off the fish oil.

EPO (IMVO) is much riskier than fish oil.

How much of both of them were you taking?

What I'd do instead is simply replace both of them with a DHA supp designed for pregnancy. This is calibrated to be safe during pregnancy and I got 2 of my 4 boys taking it (did not take either fish oil or EPO, just the DHA supp)

Never just stop fish oil. You have to wean off of it. IF (and I am not saying it did, just a hypothetical situation) the fish oil did have anything to do with it it can be from stopping it suddenly. Always wean off of supplements.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic I was hoping to get your input on this. I was taking 1000mg of fish oil throughout until towards the end (miscarried @9weeks), and 1000mg EPO up to when I had ovulated. (I know the EPO is higher than you recommended but it was all I could find)

Is the one a day prenatal with DHA (2 separate tablets) a good one to take?
    Also, Is the DHA supplement recommended for throughout pregnancy? Is it also something that if missed multiple days in a row could cause problems?
    Last edited by Jhaukmom; January 4th, 2017 at 08:37 PM.
    (Me)29 (DH)30
    TTC

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If all you can find is 1000 EPO then please take only every other day.

I do not really like the One a Day prenatal, I'd rather see you take just the regular women's one a day and then add in a separate DHA like Enfamil Expecta or similar. They have lots of them out now. yes, the ones designed for pregnancy (they will say on the box) are fine to take all thru pregnancy.

It is best to never miss supps many days in a row esp. when pregnant if you can avoid it. Your body "gets used" to things at a certain level.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd really like to avoid any extra supplements during pregnancy this time. I will definetly keep the DHA in mind if conception takes another 6 months like before, but I was thinking I'd do the HE diet along with robitussin around ovulation and SMEP. Do you think all that would be enough for a good blue sway? Anything else you would add in?
    I try to add in push-up's 3 times a day too.
    Thanks!
    (Me)29 (DH)30
    TTC

10. Likes Coco22 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, well, it's entirely up to you, I think it is a step in the wrong direction to take EPO and not take DHA considering that most people take DHA in pregnancy like a prenatal (I did 3x!) I just really urge you to drop the EPO (which is by far riskier/more unknown than DHA!)

RE SMEP - Is your husband as we refer to them "a machine"? LOL Some guys (particularly who have fathered girls before) have a hard time managing as much BD as SMEP calls for. SMEP is great and def. sways blue, jsut want to be sure that your hubby can manage all the BD. If he can't we have a way that's better for guys who are not in the "machine" group.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I meant I would just try robitussin instead of EPO. If that doesn't work after a few months then I will go with the DHA supplement and come back to EPO. Also just to clarify, It's not that I think DHA is unsafe I was just not great at remembering my supplements last pregnancy. Hoping that just robitussin will work. I've only ever tried it along with EPO when I was ttc before, so maybe it was the robitussin and not EPO that helped me conceive because I don't get much EWCM, guess I'll find out.

Haha well I do think SMEP can start to feel pretty clinical towards the end. I also have a 12 day luteal phase so that makes more days of bd.
    The HE diet actually cut down my cycle from 36 to 30 days last time I was ttc. So thank you! I was a total pink sway eater without realizing it, so I'm glad I found your site. I'm still waiting for my first period since my miscarriage so we'll see if the HE diet is working it's magic again.
    I would definitely like to know the alternative method for SMEP.
    Thanks for all your help!
    Last edited by Jhaukmom; January 10th, 2017 at 08:15 PM.
    (Me)29 (DH)30
    TTC

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok I gotcha. In that case yes just do Robitussin and it very well may have been what made all the CM in the first place. That having been said I conceived one of my boys and I never saw any CM at all (and I was testing pH 2-3 times a day) so I can assure you it's poss to get pregnant, with a boy no less, without having visible CM. Sometimes it's up inside where you can't see it.

The way we do the alternate SMEP is to have you guys have unprotected sex every 2-4 days (this does not have to be an exact thing) and then once you get a positive OPK (or the day before you expect to ovulate if not using OPK) then have an attempt that night, again the next morning if possible, and then again the following night. Then continue on with every 2-4 day BD after that. It's easier for some couples to do that pattern than the SMEP.

15. Likes Coco22 liked this post