Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc again (second pink sway)

Ok, so a little back ground info on me.

I have 5 boys and have decided to try and sway pink if I can.
    I’m undecided if I will start immediately or wait until next year as I’m unsure when will be more favourable, or if I need to tweak my lifestyle and diet further.

I got an opposite last year and am not surprised to be honest. Last time, I was a control freak/stress head and got way to caught up in the diet I think I was partially starving myself and therefore raising my testosterone levels. I struggled with the snacking and don’t think I did it long enough.
    I also took calcium, magnesium, cranberry, and saw palmetto and was only on the diet for 6 weeks due to messing up timings. Dh took cranberry, liquorice root and was forced to have hot baths as often as possible! and drank a few red bulls and coffees a day. His diet was also high in red meat.
    Both of us were leading a very boy friendly diet it’s no wonder we ended up with 5! Lol

This time, things are different. I’m still breast feeding my 12mth. Baby boy (4-5 hourly day and night ) and I’ve been on the diet for three cycles (around 12 weeks), I’m way less stressed and am at the biggest I ever have been (62kg) I have just recently stopped domperidone/motillium so I can get ready to ttc (I was still ovulating on it)
    I’ve stopped snacking in between meals and have cut out breakfast altogether- replacing it with two morning coffees then Diet Coke during the day. (I’ve never been a consistent coffee or Diet Coke drinker) Ive just started folic acid and I’m planning to do one attempt (this is a first for me) around pos 0V
    I wouldn’t dream of asking dh to do or take anything this time. He’s cut out the red bulls and is hardly having red meat due to me just not cooking it anymore. He he
    He still smokes and has around 4 coffees a day.

Now, there are a few things I’m not sure about.
    I never cut out tomatoes due to an over sight so have been having them around 3-4 times a week. I was also drinking a small cup of green tea every day for the first 8 weeks (slightly more concerned about this as I know this is super boy friendly) and I didn’t cut back on salt as I read in other posts that’s been proven not be affective.
    Are these things likely to have a large negative impact? Anyone include toms and green tea and still have a successful sway?
    I’m also still having sugar in my coffee and I take them black, without milk? is this ok? I can cut out sugar and add milk if need be.
    The other thing is, I’ve looked at my daily limits and I don’t seem to be getting anywhere near 50-60 of protein or fat but I’m
    Not losing loads of weight and my cycles haven’t been affected is this because I’m still nursing and should I try to up my protein and fat due to feeding or just keep it as it is? (Around 30-40g)
    My go to has been all types of fish and chicken (alongside vegetarian dishes) apparently fish isn’t great for a pink sway what can I replace the fish with if it’s more boy friendly and not suitable?
    Is the motillium likely to sway blue or pink? I can’t find any info on this and am unsure how long this will remain in my system. Should I continue to stop this or will it help sway pink until af/bfp is due?
    I’m also unsure if I should ttc now or do the diet for much longer and wait until next year. The only thing with that is I won’t be breastfeeding next year so will that make a huge difference if it sways or not?

I think what is key for me is I don’t want to do or incorporate anything stressful ( dh getting on board and even checking daily limits) seems to scream DONT DO IT OR YOU’LL GET STRESSED! So I guess I’m trying to give myself a nudge in the right direction whilst remaining hopeful. Last time I was so desperate for a girl it was all I could think of. This time, I’m hoping but praying more for a healthy child and easy pregnancy im actually very ok with having another boy for our last try
    Last edited by Mum of four monkeys; December 2nd, 2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    D1: DD2
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah , you’ve made up your mind about #6 , then? Yippee !!!
    Don’t really know too much about pink swaying (at least not conscious swaying, given the three little pink humans we have at home lol), but sending you heaps’ of pink dust!!!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I guess we are. Still quite scared that 6 might be too many little people but there are good gaps between the two eldest so fingers crossed. Thank you so much! Xxx
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    D1: DD2
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)