Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the same, my mum had two girls so she doesn't really understand and other friends don't get it either! My mum had such a girl friendly diet though and looking back I see how much of a boy friendly lifestyle and diet I have so it's not surprising I had two boys! I didn't sway with either pregnancy as my first was IVF after a few years of not being able to get pregnant, then my second was a surprise baby so I didn't even really know about swaying either time (I do hope I'm able to get pregnant again without issues as I'm not totally sure whether my second was just a fluke pregnancy!). I am glad my little guys have each other though, I love that they have a friend for life and watching them interact is so special. Did you sway for either of your pregnancies? I haven't been dieting yet as it's going to be difficult I think because we actually live with my mum and sister at the moment so I know my mum will be questioning everything as it's basically the opposite of how I normally eat so I've already started dropping hints that I'm going on a diet to lose weight for spring/summer hoping that will be enough to get me through without having to answer 1000 questions every meal..... I do eat breakfast because I get so hungry, I don't know how I'm going to go without it! I usually have eggs and spinach or porridge so quite a filling breakfast too so I'm really going to have to plan ahead to try and make it all work. I'm used to just making one meal and I share with my toddler and baby so we all eat the same thing but now I'll have to make two separate meals!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2017 View Post
    I'm the same, my mum had two girls so she doesn't really understand and other friends don't get it either! My mum had such a girl friendly diet though and looking back I see how much of a boy friendly lifestyle and diet I have so it's not surprising I had two boys! I didn't sway with either pregnancy as my first was IVF after a few years of not being able to get pregnant, then my second was a surprise baby so I didn't even really know about swaying either time (I do hope I'm able to get pregnant again without issues as I'm not totally sure whether my second was just a fluke pregnancy!). I am glad my little guys have each other though, I love that they have a friend for life and watching them interact is so special. Did you sway for either of your pregnancies? I haven't been dieting yet as it's going to be difficult I think because we actually live with my mum and sister at the moment so I know my mum will be questioning everything as it's basically the opposite of how I normally eat so I've already started dropping hints that I'm going on a diet to lose weight for spring/summer hoping that will be enough to get me through without having to answer 1000 questions every meal..... I do eat breakfast because I get so hungry, I don't know how I'm going to go without it! I usually have eggs and spinach or porridge so quite a filling breakfast too so I'm really going to have to plan ahead to try and make it all work. I'm used to just making one meal and I share with my toddler and baby so we all eat the same thing but now I'll have to make two separate meals!
    Omg I also live with my mum! And my biggest struggle will be not to diet but to explain this random change in my diet to my mum. Well, I’ve studied the topic of food for quite a few months now and the good news is -we don’t have to skip breakfast woohoo! Intermittent fasting gives a long time between meals thus keeping your blood sugar low so I’m planning to do what I did for a while: 3 meals at 9am, 1pm and 5pm and then nothing. Atomic approved this plan. To me this is much more doable than no breakfast, I just cannot skip it! I’ll try to delay it as long as I can but 16 hours without food should do the trick, I only plan to stop only eggs and porridges (just like you) to what Atomic suggested - only protein (eggs or egg white omelette a few times a week) or only carbs (toast with jam? Crepes? Can’t think of anything else). Do you think this would work for you too? I’m also planning to cut snacking (I always thought I don’t snack but now looking at my habits I actually do haha) and my meat intake - a lot and that would be a struggle, I eat a lot of meat (and protein in general)! I never tried to sway either, my first was a surprise and my DS2 was conceived in the first cycle (I bought ovulation sticks and decided to see if they work and surely they did!) so I’m now expert. How old are you? When do you plan to do your first attempt? I got my first period today yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can you guys bump this for me?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    can you guys bump this for me?
    Bump

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I can manage something like this, I'm such a grazer and tend to each a big breakfast, then just small snacks during the day with a really late lunch or will skip lunch altogether then binge on a big dinner which is terrible I know - it feels like my days pass in a blur of keeping the boys happy so I don't really get to think about myself until they're in bed! I also eat a lot of meat and that's going to be a tough one to cut out too.... I struggle to think of vegetarian based meals that everyone will eat. Plus keep me full enough to not get cranky because I'm hungry lol
    I'm 34 (35 in a couple of months) and hoping to try towards the end of the year... possibly October, although I'm not totally sure. Reason being that we have booked to go on a beach holiday to QLD end of October but my husbands family will be joining us for a few days, including his brothers and their girlfriends who are super fit and toned (plus one is a personal trainer), whereas I feel pretty bad about how I look from pregnancies still so I was hoping to tone up before we go but I know that sways boy! So I'm not sure whether to try and just do cardio hoping it does enough to tone me up a little bit and still try in October as planned, or to wait and do a 12 week toning program but drop it October and start the diet to try end of the year. I know I shouldn't let what they think change what I want to do but I can't help but feel uncomfortable at the thought of being in swimwear in front of them as I am because his brothers are quite judgemental and I don't want to feel bad about myself! They weren't even supposed to be coming but the holiday got gatecrashed and I can't help but feel a bit annoyed as it's our first family holiday with our baby. But yay you got your period back! When are you planning to try?

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I can manage something like this, I'm such a grazer and tend to each a big breakfast, then just small snacks during the day with a really late lunch or will skip lunch altogether then binge on a big dinner which is terrible I know - it feels like my days pass in a blur of keeping the boys happy so I don't really get to think about myself until they're in bed! I also eat a lot of meat and that's going to be a tough one to cut out too.... I struggle to think of vegetarian based meals that everyone will eat. Plus keep me full enough to not get cranky because I'm hungry lol
    I'm 34 (35 in a couple of months) and hoping to try towards the end of the year... possibly October, although I'm not totally sure. Reason being that we have booked to go on a beach holiday to QLD end of October but my husbands family will be joining us for a few days, including his brothers and their girlfriends who are super fit and toned (plus one is a personal trainer), whereas I feel pretty bad about how I look from pregnancies still so I was hoping to tone up before we go but I know that sways boy! So I'm not sure whether to try and just do cardio hoping it does enough to tone me up a little bit and still try in October as planned, or to wait and do a 12 week toning program but drop it October and start the diet to try end of the year. I know I shouldn't let what they think change what I want to do but I can't help but feel uncomfortable at the thought of being in swimwear in front of them as I am because his brothers are quite judgemental and I don't want to feel bad about myself! They weren't even supposed to be coming but the holiday got gatecrashed and I can't help but feel a bit annoyed as it's our first family holiday with our baby. But yay you got your period back! When are you planning to try?
    I totally know what you mean by not feeling comfortable, for me it may even ruin my mood and the whole holiday!! Especially if family members are judgmental. I do tend to lose weight while breastfeeding ( I put on 10kg with DS1 and then lost 17kg by the time he was one!) so now I’m 56-57 kilos (I’m 170cm) so quite slim but definitely not toned I try to exercise at home but I struggle to find time (or energy) with two little boys i used to go to the gym when I had my first boy and my mum looked after him for an hour but now she doesn’t want to stay with both boys... I guess you can always remind yourself that you are not in the best shape of your life because you will it all to these two beautiful babies! good new bikini should also help I’m hoping to try in November-December. My dilemma is such that We want to go Hawaii in December and I don’t want to travel while pregnant (I already lost one Bub after a flight to Europe at 8 weeks), so I’m not sure what to do - I have to decide what I want more ))

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh sounds like we're both in a similar position trying to figure out how to time it! I'm definitely in a bad mood about it and it has made me stress eat which hasn't helped.... I lost weight initially while breastfeeding but lack of sleep has made me turn to sugar so I'd like to lose about 5 kilos before the holiday to get back to pre baby weight of 63kg. I wish I burned through those calories easily lol! I can barely find time to exercise with my boys either, it ends up in chaos of me handing out snacks constantly and being crawled all over while having both of them decide my exercise mat is the best place to play. And since they wake up early now I can't get up early to do it and I'm too exhausted by the time they're in bed so I end up doing nothing at all. Not sure how I'll fit in the 60 mins of exercise in my sway but I'm definitely going to give it a try!
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss that is definitely a hard one... I guess timing also depends on how your cycle returns too, mine initially was 35+ days and the last two have been 32 and 28 days so slowly getting back to normal, but if your cycle happens to be a little longer you may even end up trying for the first time in Hawaii! A trip there sounds amazing and could be the perfect way to relax. I do love travelling though so I would always be on the side of going on holidays whenever possible haha!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh sounds like we're both in a similar position trying to figure out how to time it! I'm definitely in a bad mood about it and it has made me stress eat which hasn't helped.... I lost weight initially while breastfeeding but lack of sleep has made me turn to sugar so I'd like to lose about 5 kilos before the holiday to get back to pre baby weight of 63kg. I wish I burned through those calories easily lol! I can barely find time to exercise with my boys either, it ends up in chaos of me handing out snacks constantly and being crawled all over while having both of them decide my exercise mat is the best place to play. And since they wake up early now I can't get up early to do it and I'm too exhausted by the time they're in bed so I end up doing nothing at all. Not sure how I'll fit in the 60 mins of exercise in my sway but I'm definitely going to give it a try!
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss that is definitely a hard one... I guess timing also depends on how your cycle returns too, mine initially was 35+ days and the last two have been 32 and 28 days so slowly getting back to normal, but if your cycle happens to be a little longer you may even end up trying for the first time in Hawaii! A trip there sounds amazing and could be the perfect way to relax. I do love travelling though so I would always be on the side of going on holidays whenever possible haha!
    I found this girl on Instagram called Dana Landgren, she has these awesome exercises for post pregnancy with DR issues and they seem very easy but are actually very hard! Maybe give them a go if you have 15 minutes to spare!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I follow her! I do really need to do something but I'm so paranoid about inadvertently swaying and jeopardising everything I'd be doing diet wise, but I know that sort of mentality doesn't help either from what I've read... it's stressful!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I follow her! I do really need to do something but I'm so paranoid about inadvertently swaying and jeopardising everything I'd be doing diet wise, but I know that sort of mentality doesn't help either from what I've read... it's stressful!
    Why don’t you do like what others say: you take vitamins and exercise for a month or two to get yourself in shape and then stop everything and do LE diet and only walk and no vitamins - you body may think that time are now tougher and by the time you are ready to sway it will sway pink?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast