Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC pink after 2 boys

Hi ladies, I’m 37 and I have two beautiful boys (2.5 and 9 months) and hoping to conceive a girl later this year to complete our family. I had my first at 34, with BMI 21.5 and one attempt at positive OPK but my diet was boy friendly with lots of meat, snacking and weight lifting. I lost 7 kilos in addition to my pregnancy weight the following year and got pregnant with my second boy at BMI 19 and one attempt at positive OPK! Same diet, only Pilates style exercises at home, lots of walking. Never drank a coffee in my life. This time around my BMI is 19.6, i started to like coffee and I do walking and Pilates (is that considered cardio type?), I’m also about to modify my diet but not sure what style I should choose - LE PCOS or alternative diet (I saw Atomic recommended it for the girls over 35), any other advice would be appreciated! Hope you all get the gender you desire!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also wanted to add that now I don’t snack, eat 3 times a day at 9am, 1pm and 5pm, no juices but lots of fruit and vegetables plus coffee. Will add a glass of wine, some carbs (I usually avoid carbs like a plague) and cut out red meat and fish. Anything else I should do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome!

Given your weight I'd have you do the standard LE Diet. The alternative diets make weight fly off and unless you have a reason to believe you have PCOS or egg quality issues I would just have you do the regular LE Diet.

Are you planning to stick in LE Diet limits?? 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat (pro and fat from mostly vegetarian sources). Low carb veg are free and unlimited, high carb veg (like potato) and fruit count only cals not protein and fat.

Pilates is NOT cardio. It builds muscle. I generally recommend Pilates for blue, not pink. Cardio would be walking, running, dancey aerobics, biking, that kind of thing.

Is hubby doing anything?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great, thank you! I’m happy to stick with the LE diet, the only thing is that I struggle with breakfast. I’d normally have oats or porridge but if I have to cut it out what is a good option? Boiled egg? Omelette with tomatoes? Pancakes with fruit? Ricotta cheese with Greek yogurt? Or porridge still ok? I read your notes about only carbs or only protein for breakfast but most dairy products would have both, wouldn’t they?

Ok I’ll stop Pilates and concentrate on walking. I cannot run (I have prolapse after DS1).

Hubby is running and drinking a lot of coffee. He will eat what I give him, he is not fussy but he loves his steak

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi - just popped in to say we are in the exact same situation, my boys are the same ages as yours and also hoping to conceive a girl later this year (also have a prolapse after my giant DS1)! I will be getting a plan in the next couple of weeks as my 9 month old is being a terror at night so I'm just not in the headspace to follow anything at the moment as I'm too tired but hoping to start everything end of July. When are you planning your attempt? Wishing you all the best in your journey

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2017 View Post
    Hi - just popped in to say we are in the exact same situation, my boys are the same ages as yours and also hoping to conceive a girl later this year (also have a prolapse after my giant DS1)! I will be getting a plan in the next couple of weeks as my 9 month old is being a terror at night so I'm just not in the headspace to follow anything at the moment as I'm too tired but hoping to start everything end of July. When are you planning your attempt? Wishing you all the best in your journey
    Wow great to hear I have a buddy where are you from? I’m from Australia. my obstetrician told me to wait for 4-6 cycles before TTC to make sure my prolapse doesn’t get worse but my period has not returned yet even though I’m breastfeeding only once or twice a day. As soon as it’s back I’ll start the diet and get ready. Meanwhile I’m trying to get back in a semi decent shape and enjoying by baby - I still feel guilty as it feels like I was too tired (being pregnant with DS2) and missed my DS1 being between 1 and 2yo. What’s the issue with your DS2 at night? Doesn’t sleep well?

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also from Australia, in Sydney! Whereabouts are you? My cycle unfortunately returned at 3.5 months with my second (which I was not happy about, seems so unfair when I'm feeding around the clock sometimes more than when he was a newborn!) but I'm seeing a women's physio to try and deal with the prolapse as I don't want to make it worse with a third pregnancy. So far it seems to have helped as I didn't do anything about it until after my second was born and I wish I'd seen to it earlier. I know exactly what you mean though, I feel like my eldest has missed out on me dealing with tiredness of pregnancy and over the past 9 months being exhausted all the time! My DS2 is a terrible sleeper, worse than his brother and that's saying something - if he were my first I don't know if I would have had any more babies but since I've been through it once I know it gets easier eventually and that's getting me through. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty nervous about getting another terrible sleeper!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also from Australia, in Sydney! Whereabouts are you? My cycle unfortunately returned at 3.5 months with my second (which I was not happy about, seems so unfair when I'm feeding around the clock sometimes more than when he was a newborn!) but I'm seeing a women's physio to try and deal with the prolapse as I don't want to make it worse with a third pregnancy. So far it seems to have helped as I didn't do anything about it until after my second was born and I wish I'd seen to it earlier. I know exactly what you mean though, I feel like my eldest has missed out on me dealing with tiredness of pregnancy and over the past 9 months being exhausted all the time! My DS2 is a terrible sleeper, worse than his brother and that's saying something - if he were my first I don't know if I would have had any more babies but since I've been through it once I know it gets easier eventually and that's getting me through. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty nervous about getting another terrible sleeper!
    I’m from Sydney too! What are the chances? Oh we should catch up when I’m back, I’m visiting my family in Russia until late August to escape winter. It’s summertime here so the sun sets very late, around 10pm and then up again at 4.30am! So I bought blackout blinds and my boys go to bed at 10-11pm (it’s very common here!) and then sleep until 8.30am, it’s a bliss! Do you still breastfeed at night? I’ve been seeing Physio at Total Physio Manly Vale and they helped me with both Diastasis Recti and prolapse after both pregnancies, I found them great even though it’s a drive for me! (I live in Croydon). I stopped breastfeeding at night both boys from 4-5 months so they sleep through, I also let me self settle so now they don’t wake me at night. If anything just PM me xx

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha that's crazy - imagine if we both get our girls at the same time too! Yes we should definitely catch up when you're back (very jealous of you enjoying summertime right now, I'm well and truly over winter) I live near Coogee so not too far at all! An 8:30am sleep in sounds amazing, my eldest did that for awhile slept 8:30pm-8:30am and it was amazing but those days are long gone.... oh well, I'm sure I will have to drag them out of bed as teenagers! x
    Last edited by Sarah2017; July 9th, 2019 at 08:02 AM.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha that's crazy - imagine if we both get our girls at the same time too! Yes we should definitely catch up when you're back (very jealous of you enjoying summertime right now, I'm well and truly over winter) I live near Coogee so not too far at all! An 8:30am sleep in sounds amazing, my eldest did that for awhile slept 8:30pm-8:30am and it was amazing but those days are long gone.... oh well, I'm sure I will have to drag them out of bed as teenagers! x
    That would be great, let’s catch up to support each other - i feel if I tell my friends and family about this they will think I’m crazy my mum and grandma had only girls so they truly don’t understand why I didn’t have one yet but they don’t believe in a girl diet (I mentioned once) so Oh well. Have you been dieting? Do you have breakfast? I struggle to skip it and I struggle to find ideas as most girls here tend to skip breakfast! Did you sway with your previous pregnancies?

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast