Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is diet the be all or end all?!

So just a little backstory.

I had one failed sway in 2017 and one successful last year. Both times I did the diet but had opposite results.

This is my 3 time swaying and my diet has not been great due to lockdown this past four months.
    I’ve snacked, I’ve eaten red meat on many occasion, snacked on nuts in the evening for 3 weeks straight (due to fasting) I did not reduce salt if anything I’ve gone overboard (Eeek) I’ve not been able to lose weight (I’m the biggest I’ve ever been)
    My health has generally been bad and I never exercised much except on my idle bike I have at home.
    So these are the things I’ve not been able to do but the things I have managed to do are:

Eat veggie vegan plant based meals often (with the exception of meat once a week)
    I did intermittent fasting for 3 weeks (for religious purposes
    Im still breast feeding
    Coke Zero for past 4 months
    Drank coffee (without milk)
    was having breakfast 50% of the time but with home schooling all the kids i was pretty busy and did neglect myself at times

The things that are different this time are:

I started magnesium & vit D 7 weeks ago (on and off)
    My thyroid levels came back a little high (not massively)
    I was taking domperidone up until 4 weeks ago (doctor thinks that has caused over active thyroid for me)
    Started drinking green tea again two weeks ago
    I was quite ill in April and on antibiotics for 3 weeks ( very possibly covid-19)

So my questions are:

Does over active thyroid sway in any which way?

Is it overall health that matters and are the things that have been introduced into my diet in the last 6 weeks likely to have an effect? (I.e cal, mag and vit D & green tea) ?

Have I just been blue swaying these last 4 months due to not cutting certain things out?
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    D1: DD2
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi mum of four monkeys, did you do similar timings for your previous sways? (One attempt at positive OPK, e4d etc). Good luck this time around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apologies this seems to have posted twice!! The last one yes! The one before I think I did every couple of days if I remember rightly
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553
    Dreaming of another to compliment our family but ultimately want a healthy baby, whatever gender

DW (34) DH (36)

4. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh whoops I commented on the other one already LOL

I can't tell you based on any of this what the outcome of your sway would be. There are things that might sway pink, things that won't sway pink, and some things that are irrelevant (sodium does not sway pink and we have all but given that up, and our results are higher than ever) What I do know is this...if you will live 1000 lifetimes of regret if you try and get a boy, then wait. At 33 you have the time. I can't tell you "wow this is the best pink sway ever" because I know you know that it isn't, and I just can't reassure you because even if it WAS the best pink sway I still can't reassure people unfortunately.

So all I can say is this - if you want your best chance, wait, but it is entirely possible that you could get a girl this month and a boy in the future. we just don't know.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I’m actually waiting to find out if it’s stuck this month (unplanned) I actually intended to give it a good shot and start the proper diet now for an October October girl sway. But during lockdown I decided to live my best life!...ooops so we will see what happens.

I’m also a sucker for snacks or eating more in general whilst breastfeeding I just can’t help it but rice cakes would have been a good option lol

What I’m actually Interested in is the thyroid issue so you have any stats on that? I’m not on any medication but if my levels don’t fall back to normal it maybe a life long condition so that would potentially effect what I do going forward right?

Also breastfeeding I actually think that along side the proper diet I did last time both gave me equal chances of swaying pink as that was something I had never done whilst I had my boys. Do stats suggest you get equal amounts of both genders from breastfeeding mums?

Just to add, it was one oopsy (attempt) this month but I’ve not had an actual first cycle yet due to still breastfeeding
    Last edited by Mum of four monkeys; July 14th, 2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553

DW (34) DH (36)

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and one last question: will the things I did in the last 7 weeks effect my body or is it more like what you do 3 months prior that counts more?
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553

DW (34) DH (36)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I often get this question about thyroid issues and the truth is we just do not know. Both pink and blue mamas have thyroid issues, and further complicating matters is that thyroid often comes along with PCO-tendencies and other autoimmune stuff and we have seen both those things associated with more boys conceived. So the truth is we just do not know how any of that sways.

I do believe breastfeeding sways pink because it gently suppresses overall fertility and I believe it's the body's natural birth control mechanisms that sway pink. But the trouble is, it's awfully hard to judge that by the stats. First of all, only a very small group of women even tries to TTC when breastfeeding (let alone breastfeeds to begin with) and this makes a group of people who are not a random sample at all. And secondly, even in the small group that tries to conceive while nursing, many of them (the ones in the lowest condition with the most suppressed fertility) can't get pregnant while nursing anyway. So this leads to a situation where the only people who ever get pregnant while nursing are those who are in the best condition, with the highest fertility - which would sway blue. So breastfeeding could be swaying a whopping 20% (which is more than anything sways) and if those people are 80% likely to have a boy, they'd still end up 60% likely to have a boy, if that makes sense. It would LOOK like breastfeeding swayed blue when it was really swaying strongly pink!!!

It's just one of those things that we can't know based on existing information, but on paper I believe breastfeeding to sway pink.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Than you so much for all the info over the years. You’ve been so helpful and I fully appreciate how busy you must be. I will wait and see if this one has stuck, if not I will actually purchase a plan so you can Taylor it to me.
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553

DW (34) DH (36)

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to update. I had a baby girl in March
    Proud mommy to 5 1610553

DW (34) DH (36)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thank you so much for updating us and huge congrats!!!