Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shorter follicular this months- any experience/recommendations?

I have a question- I used clear blue opk, I had the first positive(peak) smiley Actually yesterday around 3pm (the one prior to that wAs around 4pm, the day before)but the smiley face was gone today and normally my O is on day 10, my AF was on the 18th this month (25 day cycle), so it was a shorter follicular phase for me (8-9days). I recently lost about 8lbs in about 2-3 weeks and my appetite decreased as a result of increased stress level and lower fat/lower carb diet. Could this possibly affect the follicular phase? And I heard b complex helps lengthening follicular phase, anyone heard of this? I think it sways blue though? If anyone has experienced this and any herbs that may help it? Or you think this could be just this month?. I am not sure if next cycle will be the same way- my o was always on day 10-11 so I am a bit worried. My son is 14 months- so we were thinking about trying for another one, lightly swaying, for the next couple Months. Any information/experience you can share will be great!!! Thank you
    Last edited by Nemcemger; May 28th, 2017 at 09:25 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok can you please walk me through exactly what cycle day you are on now? This is kind of confusing and I've read it like 5 times and still not sure what is going on exactly.

PLEASE do not start taking B complex and a bunch of herbs. Typically those simply make matters worse. What I want you to do is add in 1 serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of red meat or salmon every week.

What is your weight now, and approximately how many cals, protein, and grams of fat are you eating a day?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Nemcemger thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am sorry about the confusion, this is what happens when I try to explain things when I am tired and nervous �� My Af was started on the 18th (I have 25-26 day cycle)- I had the smiley on day 7 and 8, and it was gone 24 hrs later on day 9. My ovulation is usually on day 10- this is day 11 and had spotting last night. I eat about 3-4 eggs a week but no red meat, maybe chicken twice a week. I am 119-120lbs right now- and I've not been on a strict diet for the last 4/5 days. But normally I keep the calories at 1200- fat at 50-60gr and protein is at about 45-50. I don't know if going to the dr would help- perhaps asking for Clomid but they're usually very picky with prescribing something like that. My fsh was at 8, when I got tested back in February or March but I know that changes every month. Just curious if losing weight, combined with stress and dropping protein/calories would contribute to this. Thank you atomic!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need more calories. No one who weighs 119 lbs should be on 1200 cals.

You still probably Oed on CD 10. You can have a pos OPK 2-3 days before O happens. We will probably know when AF arrives (by counting back 14 days) but that's not always foolproof as your LP can be short too.

The rate at which your OPK goes negative doens't tell you if you've ovulated or not. Your test can go negative before you even ovulate.

Usually losing weight will make your O delayed, not come early.

Chicken is not good at fixing problems with the cycle. Please increase eggs and do salmon or red meat instead 1x a week plus the full fat dairy daily.

A doc would be very unlikely to give you Clomid for a short FP. I'm not saying it's not worth a try but that's not what they normally give it to people for (especially since you have a short FP naturally anyway)

6. Likes Nemcemger liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! Do you recommend for me to increase
    My calories up to 1500? I was 127 about 1,5 months ago, I lost weight recently, after reducing my calorie intake. I can't drink milk at all, cheese and Greek yogurt are ok? I have some spotting issues too, that's another reason for me to try to go see my obgyn- thank you again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At LEAST 1500. Yes cheese and yogurt are ok. The reason (most likely) for the spotting is too few cals, not enough fat.