Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OPK- I am lost...Help please

So I'm doing my best to use OPK's and temp but with family around for the holidays it's been tough.( they don't know we have been trying) I usually ovulate around day 14 so I started using opk's on day 12.
    I took letrozole day 3-7 this cycle.
    It seems ovulation is late this month.....I'm testing 3-5 times a day with 2 types of tests.
    It's getting stronger but I don't know if I'm totally missing my surge????
    And if my cycle is only 26 -30 days and I don't ovulate till day 16 or 17 will my luteal phase be long enough???

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Letrozole can and will change your ovulation. It's very unlikely you would have ovulated sooner than CD 12, but you could have surged let's say CD 11 and missed it. Next time start OPK the 4th day after the letrozole. YOu can get false positive OPK's for 3 days after stopping the letrozole and ovulate as soon as the 5th day (altho this is not terribly likely). So by starting the OPK 4 days after the letrozole you hit the sweet spot where you can get the legit surge.

But more likely is that you haven't ovulated yet. It is very very common to ovulate at a different part of the month than you normally do when taking the letorozole.

I would suggest starting with e4d method to guard against missing the OPK - every 72 hours, BD unprotected. It is entirely possible you haven't yet ovulated.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and your luteal phase is simply tacked onto the end of your cycle. So if you ovulate late, your LP gets stuck onto the end of that. Your period will not come on time, it will come after a normal length LP. Rarely, a person can develop a short LP at the same time their ovulation is delayed, and they may have their period come at its normal time, but that is quite unusual when that happens.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Letrozole can and will change your ovulation. It's very unlikely you would have ovulated sooner than CD 12, but you could have surged let's say CD 11 and missed it. Next time start OPK the 4th day after the letrozole. YOu can get false positive OPK's for 3 days after stopping the letrozole and ovulate as soon as the 5th day (altho this is not terribly likely). So by starting the OPK 4 days after the letrozole you hit the sweet spot where you can get the legit surge.

But more likely is that you haven't ovulated yet. It is very very common to ovulate at a different part of the month than you normally do when taking the letorozole.

I would suggest starting with e4d method to guard against missing the OPK - every 72 hours, BD unprotected. It is entirely possible you haven't yet ovulated.
    Thanks!!! last night after posting I got a smiley face and had crazy cramps!
    We bd this morning, my husband is leaving for 4 days so hopefully we caught it!
    Letrozole has brought on soooo many days that I've felt like I ovulated. I can't imagine trying to do this without opk's and temping.
    My temp was down slightly this morning.....so I'm hopeful

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh and your luteal phase is simply tacked onto the end of your cycle. So if you ovulate late, your LP gets stuck onto the end of that. Your period will not come on time, it will come after a normal length LP. Rarely, a person can develop a short LP at the same time their ovulation is delayed, and they may have their period come at its normal time, but that is quite unusual when that happens.
    I missed this earlier! Ok that's awesome thank you so much for your answer!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right but aas long as you're doing e4d you'll be covered even without the OPK.

Whenever hubby needs to go somewhere always have attempt before he goes and then immediately when he gets back!

9. Thanks Dtryingforgirl thanked for this post