Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ruby, I would give it at least 2 months in advance because the schedules I make go back 90 days.

The main thing to do longer than 2 months out (so at the 90 day mark) is to give up red meat or better yet, all meat. And if you have a lot of weight to lose (over 50 lb or 4 stone) then you might want to start losing weight before the 2 month mark to be sure you have lost a good amount before TTC.

Also, if minerals and egg priming is important to you, you may want to start doing diet or supps 90 days out because some people believe that you make your egg more receptive to sperm of a particular gender by doing that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies. I'm very keen to sign up but wondering if you need specific dates regarding cycle. I ask because I'm currently breastfeeding, won't be swaying until I stop (maybe starting sway in July) but not sure my cycles will have returned to normal or completely regulated yet. Is it best to wait until Af has returned before swaying?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic,

I'm not sure what you mean by egg priming though? Is that just through doing the diet and taking supplements?

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by *ruby* View Post
    Thanks Atomic,

I'm not sure what you mean by egg priming though? Is that just through doing the diet and taking supplements?
    The egg life cycle is 90 days so just starting from the beginning to have the greatest impact.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by *ruby* View Post
    Thanks Atomic,

Some people think that by following a diet for the entire lifespan of the egg, you make the egg more likely to "pick" an X or Y sperm to fertilize this. This is known as "egg priming." I don't necessarily believe that this is how swaying works but I can totally understand anyone wanting to give it a try!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Daisy View Post
    Hi ladies. I'm very keen to sign up but wondering if you need specific dates regarding cycle. I ask because I'm currently breastfeeding, won't be swaying until I stop (maybe starting sway in July) but not sure my cycles will have returned to normal or completely regulated yet. Is it best to wait until Af has returned before swaying?
    Lots of people sway while they breastfeed. It's totally at your option. I can design a plan for you if you want to continue breastfeeding that will be slightly different than for someone who is not BF, but will still sway for you.

You don't need to have regular cycles to sway, either. By using OPK, you can sway even if your cycles are not back to normal yet. Just let me know how you want to do it and I can design a sway for you either way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am very interested in signing up for this service! However, similar to the question above, I don't have any recent charts to share bc I haven't been charting my cycles. The last time I charted was to get pg with my last DC, and that was in September of 2009. Should I chart a few cycles before I sign up for this service then?

Also, I've still got quite a bit of weight to lose before I start TTC (at least 50-60 pounds). I've lost 20 already within the last month by juice fasting. My juice fast ends in a few days, and I'm not sure if I should start the LE diet and/or any supplements right now, before I sign up, or just wait on the diet and supps until after I sign up.

Not really sure what would be best....advice?
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, no need to chart your cycles at all. In fact, many people shouldn't chart because keeping that close an eye on their temps, entering it into the chart, etc. can raise testosterone for them. If you don't already chart, I think it's better to use OPK instead of launching the "great chart project of 2012" due to the risk of increasing T levels.

My advice would be for you to start the diet right away if you have a lot of weight to lose and that would be what I would tell you to do if you did get a plan anyway. You don't need to start supps until closer to when you will attempt (90 days-6 weeks)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh, no need to chart your cycles at all. In fact, many people shouldn't chart because keeping that close an eye on their temps, entering it into the chart, etc. can raise testosterone for them. If you don't already chart, I think it's better to use OPK instead of launching the "great chart project of 2012" due to the risk of increasing T levels.

My advice would be for you to start the diet right away if you have a lot of weight to lose and that would be what I would tell you to do if you did get a plan anyway. You don't need to start supps until closer to when you will attempt (90 days-6 weeks)
    Thank you so much for your reply, Atomic!

No charting actually sounds so freeing, LOL! I've charted many, many cycles in the past (both to avoid pregnancy and to get pg), and it would be so nice to relax a bit from that and just use OPKs.

I can definitely start the diet right away, but I'd have to be on it for quite awhile to lose the amount of weight I need to lose (at least 50-60 pounds, maybe even more). I'm assuming it's fine to be on this diet for that long, then?

As for supplements, I can always start them later, like you suggested, but I have a question about two of them: Folic Acid and Vitex. In the past, I've always needed Vitex to help regulate my cycles and especially to help lengthen my LP (I normally have a very short LP, which I think may have contributed to my first chemical pregnancy, before my successful pregnancies). I've always taken it non-stop, all the way through each cycle, and have gotten pg quite easily on it. However, I've always needed a few months of being on it before it starts to actually lengthen my LP. Would you suggest then, that I start Vitex a bit earlier? And as for Folic Acid, it's always a good idea to start that as early as possible, right?

Hmm...so now I'm thinking of purchasing this service sooner rather than later. When do you think would be a good time to purchase it? Is it too early to purchase now, seeing as though I need to first concentrate on a big weight loss? Or would it be beneficial to purchase now and start working on my plan?

I'm so excited to try swaying this year!! (Heh - can you tell??)

ETA: To give you an idea of the kind of weight I need to lose.....

Height: 5' 1"
    Starting weight (beginning of January, my ALL TIME high): 187 pounds
    Current weight (as of today, February 3rd): 166.6 pounds
    Total weight loss so far: 20.4 pounds

Healthy weight range for my height and frame: 97 - 127 pounds
    My personal "comfortable" weight range: 108 - 112 pounds
    Optimal weight range for my body, when TTC pink: ____________ (?) Suggestions??
    Last edited by sweetpea; February 3rd, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi sweetpea -

The LE Diet is safe to be on indefinitely and the guidelines are taken from the WHO and Web MD for safe protein/fat intake for women, and the caloric intake is what is recommended by reproductive endocrinologists for safe weight loss while going HT. (we talked about this a bit in another thread.)

Your plan is going to work for you no matter when you enact it, so it makes some sense to have it now and then you and I can work together to iron out the details and answer any questions you have while you're still losing weight. That way when you're ready to sway, you'll totally have everything in place and be able to relax when it comes time to sway - no worries about raising testosterone by obsessing over swaying when the time comes!!

Since you know you'll need the vitex to help you with TTC, then yes, do go ahead and start it sooner rather than later. Folic is also a good idea - at the very least, take 800 mcg now and then we can increase it when we get closer to the sway.

I answered this in your other thread but I would say ideal weight goal for pink (for someone of your height) would be between 97-112 lbs. If you can't get there, that's fine, weight loss by itself does sway. It's just that it makes the most sense and data seems to support being at your lowest adult weight when TTC pink.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast