Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thanks for all the info Atomic! I'm hoping to get some time with DH at some point to go through all the articles and research papers to work out what's best to do. I appreciate your honesty in saying all the info is available to everyone, I also see the appeal of the plan though! I'm new to all this, a few weeks ago I was planning on going with shettles then i had a look on babycentre and discovered swaying! The volume of information is overwhelming and having someone else filter it all and come up with a plan sounds very tempting! I'm not sure DH will agree though as he'd probably prefer to research it all himself. He has problems with the "declining maternal condition" theory as he says surely that would mean poor countries in Africa for e.g. would be entirely populated by women by now if it were true. I see his point, we need to read it all for ourselves I think.

Blueaccord, we're probably going to start TTC in Sept, so the sway diet would start 6weeks before. I'm thinking probably the LE diet,.lowering ph, lowering sperm count and a small cut off as I can't quite let go of it! I may change my mind when I read the articles though!

E. X

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I've heard that argument about declining maternal condition before and need to write something addressing it.

Nutshell version - a)countries in Africa DO have more daughters born than is statistically expected, consistently, year in and year out. In fact, most equatorial countries do (tend to be poorer than temperate climates). Also, many countries particularly in Asia and the Middle East, practice female infanticide that skews the gender ratio towards males so much that we really have no way of knowing what the true birth rate is.
    b)Even in poorer countries and times of famine, there are vast differences in the amount of food resources different individuals have access to. In fact, it may very well be the case that in times of famine, some women who were in declining condition and might have been more "set" for girls to begin with, decline further and stop conceiving all together (or choose not to conceive due to lack of resources). Women who might have been neutral may decline and have more girls. Women who were in great physical condition, may decline and have girls or it may be that due to their individual wealth/health, they may continue having boys. One study in Africa found that women who conceived bosy during time of famine, had greater muscle mass than those who conceived girls. Point being, that anyone can (or who is WILLING to, because even in Africa, they have their ways) conceive to begin with during hard times may very well indicate that they are richer and/or in better health than others and may be preselected towards boys to begin with.
    c)Declining condition does not always mean less access to food. People who don't eat much can be in great physical condition and another person can be overly nourished and be in poor condition. The reason why we lose weight to sway it because it's less reliable and much worse for health to try and gain weight for swaying. Tons of things outside of food resources have been proven to sway - exposure to chemicals, certain diseases, stress, smoking, increasing parental age, all sway by filling the prerequisite of declining maternal condition, even in someone who eats 3000 cals a day.
    d)humanity has evolved for its entire existence eating very few calories - we can adjust and stay fertile even in a lower calorie environment. The whole idea that people need 2000 cals a day to survive on and foods from all four food groups, is new to the human experience. Most of our existence was spent subsisting on a few bites of half-eaten antelope carcass scavenged from some hyenas, a rotten banana, and some termites. We are GOOD at staying fertile and having babies on not a lot of calories, otherwise there would not be 7 billion of us.
    e)Gender swaying can never be 100% or even close, because if it were, the human race would have died out a long time ago. Nor can it be easy to figure out - it MUST be mulitfactorial. Food resources are just one of many cues from the environment that our bodies interpret and use to "decide" which gender has the best shot of survival to reproduce. Luck has to play a part as well - my thinking is that you can up your odds with swaying (maybe even quite a lot) but Mother Nature has a vested interest in ensuring that there are always both boys and girls being born and she has her ways of making that happen!!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 4th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    clarabell- I did the microscope, msu on IG and did not got what I wanted. really waht you can see under the scope is a bunch of sperms swimming around like crazy and there is no way to tell which one is X or Y . I know IG guru claims you can tell but that's a big BS!
    +1

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think atomic is being too modest when she says that all the information that goes into the sway plans is freely available on the GD site (except for the diet)... I'm a smart person and a good researcher, but there's no way, simply no way, that I'll ever have the hours & hours of experience reading forum posts here and on IG that atomic has... which means that I'll never have as much knowledge of which swaying tactics have worked for others as she does. And I'll never be as well-versed in the actual scientific research as she is, because I have small children, and hopefully soon a new career, and will never have as much time to commit to it as she's already had.

And even if I WERE, for me it was worthwhile to spend $$ on the personalized sway plan, because I am so much more likely to stick with it than I would be if I had designed it myself (or if it were free). On the one hand, I'm much less stressed about swaying with the personalized plan, but on the other, I'm doing SUCH a better job of following it that I would have if it were free.

My family doesn't have a lot of money, so the cost of the plan certainly isn't negligible to us. But having the expertise and support of atomic to help me with my sway is well worth it.

Hopefully I'll get the result I want, too!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I just wanted to say that the personalized plan really is fantastic. I didn't have the time to read through all the posts of what people have done to come up with a plan, and I do find some of the information confusing, as people all put their own spin on swaying. Here are a few of the things I loved:
    - the plan lists all the supps and the dosage. I just took it to a natural therapy store and gave them the list and they were able to grab everything I needed (too easy!)
    - my questions were always answered with 24hours. I am on the other side of the world to Atomic, but would post my question and wake up to the reply.
    - when I wanted to change something in the plan, Atomic was only too happy to give me advice on the best way to do it.
    - I never felt stressed or daunted about the whole thing, I had a plan, I would just refer to that and it was easy.

I am very lucky to say that I am pregnant ( first month!) and who knows what this little bean will be, but even if it's another boy, I know I have done what I could to 'sway' my odds, and will always be so thankful to Atomic and this site for that.

Good luck with your swaying journey, whatever you decide to do xx
    DW 36
    DH 38

2008 2010 2012
    Our HRC HT OHW was born April 2016

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say that I completely agree with baabaa. I'm not pregnant yet, but the personal support I've gotten from atomic is amazing--she's so thoughtful and responsive, and answers all my questions, however obscure or silly, within a short period of time. Well worth the $$, and ever so helpful. It is so nice to feel that I am not on my own on this TTC/swaying adventure.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm almost tempted to have another baby so I can try this
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I would only tell you to do exactly what you did the last time!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    AS rocks and I recommend anyone who doesn't have the time to do research or gets stressed out or can get obsessive easily to have atomic help you with your personalized sway.

AS how long are you telling people to be on the diet? I am about a week away from my attempt and sort of shock how fast 6 weeks of the LE diet and about another week and half before that going veggie has gone by. I just keep going back and forth is this is enough time on the diet. I know I was reading something that said it takes 90 days for an egg to develop. I was on the spiro 90 days ago, but I was also eating meat. Does the spiro help block absorption of testosterone in the ovaries? This is what I am hoping wil make up for not being on the diet too long.
    I tell people varying lengths of time depending on how much weight they have to lose, their age, and other factors. Between 2 weeks and 90 days and even more in the case of a couple people who had a large amount of weight to lose.

I do not personally believe in the whole idea of "egg priming" and so I do not think it's necessary to be on the diet for 90 days prior to swaying. I do not think the egg chooses bewteen X and Y sperm. I think something happens to sperm in between VJ and fertilization that favors conception by one gender over another...glucose, CM, capacitation rates...

It makes very little sense to me that evolution would favor any sway tactic that takes 90 days to work. Circumstances in the environment can change in a heartbeat and if you had enough food to sustain a boy pg 3 months ago, that says nothing about your ability to sustain a boy pg TODAY. your body doesn't want to take the risk on pg/birth for a gender unless it has the best shot at survival.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post

Did you follow a diet plan from atomic sagebrush to conceive your dd? Thanks x
    who have 3 for a

Cycle 1 Genesis October 2012 - 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilised, 8 biopsied, 2xy and 2 xx, transferred 2 xx BFN

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast