Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How successful is the personalised plan?

Hi,
    I'm a newbie, I have 2 gorgeous boys and am desperate to have a daughter. No. 3 will be our last baby so I want to make sure I do everything I can to sway pink. That way if I get another boy, I'll at least feel that I couldn't have done anything more and it must have just been meant to be.

DH & I plan to start our sway in the Autumn, so at the moment I'm just information-gathering and trying to decide what to do.

DH is a scientist and plans to read through all the scientific papers etc to decide which diet we should follow, as I'm so confused by all the different diets and methods, there's so much contradiction!

I usually hang around on the UK Babycentre forums, but people there often mention this site and thought I'd check it out. The Personalised Sway Plan looks great, like everything's taken care of for you. My question though is how successful is it? Do you have any statistics to say how many people who have followed it have got their desired gender and how many haven't? I'm not meaning to sound sceptical or rude, it's just that $75 is a lot of money to us and I want to know that if we decide to sign up, we're in with a very good chance of success.

Thanks for any help.

E. x

2. Likes Cjjagger liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, not at all!!! We've only just begun this program in the last 6 weeks, so only just now begun to get positive pregnancy tests and I don't yet have the stats to give. People are conceiving on the plans (unlike some swaying methods, I always emphasize conception first and foremost rather than having people linger on swaying for months and even years. If you cannot get pregnant, you have no chance at your desired gender.) so at the very least I can promise that there is nothing in the plans that will prevent you from conceiving.

The straight facts on swaying is that there are no guarantees. The only method that guarantees gender is IVF/PGD.

The swaying info does seem contradictory but I can promise you that the info presented on THIS site all hangs together and is consistent. It is based on principles of evolutionary biology (Trivers Willard Hypothesis, Maternal Dominance Hypothesis) and research into maternal diet at Oxford University You are what your mother eats: evidence for maternal preconception diet influencing foetal sex in humans and several studies in maternal blood glucose and gender ratio done by Elissa Cameron, Melissa Larson, and others) and is supported by real world data and dozens if not hundreds of other studies done on maternal condition in a variety of mammals. It absolutely does contradict some info given on many/most other sites because the other sites base their sway on old wives' tales and outdated scientific theories that contradict real world evidence and/or have been repeatedly debunked in newer, better designed studies.

I would be happy to answer any questions and I'll provide you with a few links to help answer some of your questions.

Timing does not sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

The dubious history of O+12 and also the advantages vs. disadvantages http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...ry-o-12-a.html http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...es-o-12-a.html

X and Y sperm are about the same size, swim the same speed, have the same electrical charges, and live the same amount of time http://genderdreaming.com/forum/scie...m-y-sperm.html And no matter what you do, men make 50-50 X and Y sperm - there is no way to skew the gender ratio to make a man produce more of one than the other
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/sper...x-y-sperm.html

The case against calcium/magnesium (this is a three part essay with links in the first essay to the other two, be sure to read all three and the discussion after the essays, the third in particular, is also very helpful) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...roversial.html

Who is atomic sagebrush and what are the basic differences between swaying on Gender Dreaming vs. other sites?http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...sh-anyway.html

We have been keeping an informal tally on stats of people who swayed on this site and here is what we have thus far (this site is little more than a year old so we don't have huge numbers just yet.) Keep in mind that each individual couple follows swaying advice to a greater or lesser extent and so it's not always as cut and dry as the numbers indicate - some people do very thorough sways and some do less extensive ones.

The letters IG after a name indicate a traditional sway, usually including the InGender diet (based largely on the French Gender Diet), douching, strict timing, taking/eating large amounts of calcium and magnesium while limiting strictly sodium and potassium. At the very least most of the IG style swayers did the IG Diet.

The letters LE after a name indicate that the swayers followed a Low Everything Diet which is my diet I designed based on principles of evolutionary biology, and that is the one that I personally advise swayers to use. Most of the LE swayers did not douche, did not follow strict timing, and did not take large amounts of calcium and magnesium.

You may wish to compare the success rates between LE and IG style sways to get a better handle on the data in terms of whether or not to purchase the plan - my approach is the Low Everything approach vs. the IG approach (traditional) and I think the numbers thus far show that LE is of equal if not greater effectiveness than the traditional sway.

PINK SWAYS THAT YIELDED OPPOSITES

bye beautiful (IG)
    Stellaneedsasis (IG)
    Charlieispy (IG)
    2 Sweet lads (IG)
    ShouldIhope (IG)
    Wishing on a Star (IG)
    Brat 23 (IG)
    Maybepink3 (IG)
    Tulips (IG)
    Chocolate (lite LE)
    Emmy2012 (LE)
    annabel lee (LE)
    bodhi (LE)
    Jojo (does not believe in diet but did IG ions)
    indigoviolet (did not sway)

PINK SWAYS THAT YIELDED DESIRED GENDER

Pixie Doll (IG)
    Kandi/wingless (IG)
    MKrantz (IG)
    Glittergirl (IG)
    Inglewood (identical twin girls) (IG)
    Babydust (IG)
    Babypink3 (IG)
    sunset (IG)
    Sassy (IG)
    Babycakes (IG)
    Isobellanext (IG)
    sfb04(IG)
    Doulamama (lite LE)
    Hollyberry (lite LE)
    Maggiepie (LE)
    Zanacal (LE)
    Lobella2 (LE)
    Tweedledeedum (LE)
    Lena (LE)
    Happyheart (LE)
    Belle (LE)
    Jamie86(LE)
    atomic sagebrush (LE)
    Bejoux (LE plus cal and mag - she did eat LE otherwise)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi EmmyRoo,

I am in the exact same boat as you - however I have 2 daughters and am desperate for a son. I am really wanting to hear some feed back from people that have used the service.

We wont be planning on trying until around November - when are you thinking of trying? I would love to hear what other natural swaying methods you have researched.

x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well atomic you had your own plan lol and got a girl. I got a plan and we will see if it worked or not.
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by blueaccord81 View Post
    Hi EmmyRoo,

I am in the exact same boat as you - however I have 2 daughters and am desperate for a son. I am really wanting to hear some feed back from people that have used the service.

We wont be planning on trying until around November - when are you thinking of trying? I would love to hear what other natural swaying methods you have researched.

x
    Also wanted to point out that the personalized plans aren't guaranteed to be any more effective than doing your own research and planning your own sway is and all the information that goes into the sway plans is free for everyone with the exception of the diet which is in the Dream Members section for $1 a month/$12 a year.

The point of the personalized plans is more that some people (working moms and those with lots of kiddos) may simply not have enough time to do the research that goes into planning a sway. Since I"m already well versed in swaying, it's easy for me to do pretty quickly and can save people the hours of research if they do not have the time for it.

It also allows me a way to earn a small living while being able to continue to help people and work on the site for hours a day - otherwise I would have to be going to work and no longer be able to answer questions.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 3rd, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    Well atomic you had your own plan lol and got a girl. I got a plan and we will see if it worked or not.
    Haha, good point Flava! I followed my own personalized plan and did get my DG!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have a personalized plan, even though I did a TON of research (probably more than most), mainly because I wanted to verify that I was doing correctly what I already know! The plan is very helpful even if you DO have a lot of research under your belt, because it is easy to get caught up in things (and raise your testosterone levels in the process, which sways blue). There are so many ways to sway that it is very helpful to have someone else do a plan for you, if you are one of the types of people who worry and obsess (I certainly am one of those types!)

Also I wanted to support AS because she has done SO MUCH for me, and so many others on this site - the amount is such a small price to pay for the amount of support I've received!
    Last edited by Ribbons; April 3rd, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Ribbons!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow this sounds interesting, I think when I come to say a personal plan sounds much easier and like you say takes the stress out of all the reseach. However if the sway doesn't work can we blame you Atomic? (only kidding) My two other sways were so lame when I read all the high tech stuff. On IG there is alot of talk about microscopes, whats you view about that on here? I think I would be rubbish at that as I can't even use the kids microscope !!! I was going to post a new thread ( but forgot how to, please someone remind me as I can't seem to see where to look, sorry I'm a techno - phobe ! ) I would like to sway pink in the future but now I am worried as we had an accident where the condom split and I had to take the morning after pill. Worried what if it doesn't work and I get BFP - not what I need so soon after DS3, who is still so young, and bet it would be another DS. Never taken it before, fingers crossed it works, as I'm a control freak and want to do the it my way. Sorry for the waffle, feel better now. x
    Love and Light x
    DS-2011
    Please:

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually Clara, I don't mind if people do blame me if it makes them feel better! We should give away atomic dartboards and people can throw things at my head if their sway doesn't work.

I don't believe in the microscopes. Trained lab technicians with years of experience cannot tell the difference between X and Y sperm and there is no way that people at home (esp. who desperately want to see a particular result to prove that their sway is working) are able to.

In order to start a new thread, go into whichever forum you'd like to post in, and there should be a button near the top that says, start new thread.

I hope that whatever comes to pass is the best result for you and your family.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast